corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If Steve was more of a man, him and his powdercoated lower arms could have gone to this....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If Steve was more of a man, him and his powdercoated lower arms could have gone to this....
jr

User status: Offline
25th Aug 10 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Ford Racing Puma, 48 Racing Pumas gathered last weekend at the Imperial War Museum at Duxford - where the original press photos for the car were taken.

The gathering brought together almost 10 per cent of the 500 Racing Pumas originally made.

The fun and festivities of the day culminated in the gathering together of the cars for a no-doubt less-than-rapid photocall in front of Duxford's American Air Museum hangar. There was also a concours competition - won by Alan Mowberry's A15 PUM. Very nice.

Of course, the inevitable corollary to posting a story like this on PH is a trawl through the PH classifieds to see what Racing Pumas are going for.

Quite a lot, as it turns out - generally you'll need to part with around £6k, although this 73k-mile Racing Puma has recently popped up on PH for a tidy-sounding £4.5k.

http://pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=22401

[Edited on 25-08-2010 by jr]
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Aug 10 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lad around the corner from where I used to live has 2. One is a cat c that I'm trying to buy currently with a easy fix and good profit if I can get bits!
Ben G

26th Aug 10 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did notice a convoy of 3 FRP's on my way home from stansted airport. they are rather lovely.

i'd like one but interior is not something i can live with much longer
Steve
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 07:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it
Steve
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 07:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6k is the reason i dont justify owning one, youre paying for the rarity you dont get 4ks more worth of car, they are barely quicker and handle only marginally better standard

if there was a cosworth powered 4x4 variant that would be a seciality indeed, i believe there is someone that has built one actually

[Edited on 26-08-2010 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 07:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was other reasons swaying me from ownership at this time aswell, the car wasnt even built by ford, it was by Tickford, that custom built them from standard pumas, the wings are even standard items with the wide bits grafted over the top, the wishbones again are standard items with a 'bit extra' just welded on the ends to increase the track, its quite dirty actually and youd be shocked to see pics of them.

As such parts are a nightmare to get hold of, maintanence is a fortune, servicing the brakes alone costs you £000's

Ben G

26th Aug 10 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they do look a bit less girly though, steve

just face it, me, you and ian drive around in girls cars. poof brigade.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 07:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

servicing the brakes is free?
Steve
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 07:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah parts for them alcons is $$$ apparently you need to replace most brake bits on them at least annually

Steve
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
they do look a bit less girly though, steve

just face it, me, you and ian drive around in girls cars. poof brigade.

yep they are complete girls car to look at which makes it even more satisfying showing 'bloke' cars up on track, really kills there egos
Steve
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 07:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

just to renew the curved veins on the side is £440 for the pair

the discs are 2 peice, again £400 for the pair

Ben G

26th Aug 10 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

i see what you did there
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 07:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

micra_pete
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 08:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

poofs car.
Ben G

26th Aug 10 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate, would love one of those manly micra's, they are beasts. proper beer belly, hairy chested mans car them. GRUNT.
micra_pete
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

smaller boot means a lack or room for the clippers though :S
Ben G

26th Aug 10 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is true.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going mad
micra_pete
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 08:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I looked at some FRP's before I bought mine, and apart from the looks didn't really seem worth the extra cash.

Its quicker, but not quicker enough. IMO
ed

26th Aug 10 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I went to the IWM last there was a similar sight, apart from it was all Grande Punto and 500 Abarths - much better sight
micra_pete
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 08:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
going mad

hushamouth
Steve
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 08:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not even quicker really. Has 25 more hp which is fuck all really. They are a bit heavier. One managed to gain about a car length over mine to 100
Ojc

26th Aug 10 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mwg

26th Aug 10 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet you feel slightly inferior when you see a Racing Puma and you are driving along in yours with your powdercoated lower arms
Steve
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no m8 mine has a ring sticker

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If Steve was more of a man, him and his powdercoated lower arms could have gone to this.... 22 database queries in 0.0162859 seconds