corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Is it harsh?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is it harsh?
antnee

User status: Offline
28th Aug 10 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a lad at work who I don't like, IMO he's a waste of space, shit at the job so puts more work onto everyone else. He's lazy and does as little as possible. As I don't like him, I don't talk to him except the necessary things to do with the job. Now this might not sound that bad, but there is only 4 of us in total that work that shift every week, so its usually a close team and we all get on.

Does any one else have a similar situation?
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Aug 10 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is what harsh?that you dont like him?
Ben G

28th Aug 10 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres no law saying you have to be friends with him.

some people just don't like other people, hitler and jews, americans and raggo's for instance.

nothing you can do about it, just get on with the job and ignore the little scrote.
antnee

28th Aug 10 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean me not talking to him
ste_p23

28th Aug 10 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
I mean me not talking to him

Nope i dont talk to people at work i dont like
sand-eel

28th Aug 10 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes there are 2 at work I can think of, you see them trying to make eye contact then don't look at them incase they talk to you, or they walk up to you, so I grab something and walk away. Really can't be fucked with some people that its a necessity to do this.
Ingham
Banned

29th Aug 10 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a similar situation.

There is a girl (I say girl...) at my work that absolutely stinks and has sugar puff teeth. In addition to this her clothes do not fit her, she is the greasiest thing I have come across and does as little as possible to help out. When serving customers with food on weddings etc she will take one plate out at a time, then sit down. Personally I hate her.
Dom

29th Aug 10 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a similar situation in the house i lived in during my final year at Uni where one of the guys was harmless but a complete nobhead (extremely arrogant, constantly forced his naff guitar playing and seriously wank singing on us especially at early in the morning - ie: 6am) and it resulted in the rest of us acting like cunts towards him (was made easier due us 4 lads living in the 4 bedrooms upstairs whilst he was on his bill in the downstairs room). Thinking back on it though i think we were a little too harsh at times and it must of been pretty shit living with us lot as we would excluded him from activities etc. On the other hand he's doing pretty well for himself so i don't feel that sorry for him
Graham88

29th Aug 10 at 03:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just be civil and only talk to them about work stuff. Aslong as the job gets done there is nothing harsh about it, they're a work colleague not your mate. Got plenty of people who get treated like this at work.
sxibeast

29th Aug 10 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the exact situation at my work! There are 6 of us in the workshop, 2 staff and 4 contractors (i am one of the staff). Due to cuts the contractors are now on 4 days a week and reduced hours, staff are as per normal. The other staff member who joined as an apprentice when I did spends more time hiding around site and organising nights out/chatting shite about his friend with a 4x4 fiesta that is the fastest car in hertfordshire and that he is the best mechanical engineer around rather than doing any work.

He does my nut in by not pulling his weight in the team, complaining if I give him a job to do (he had a paddy when I gave him his third job to do, (yes he cried and slammed doors, he's 26 years old) I have twelve jobs on the go) and just generally being a cunt (will not say good morning to anyone, and sneaks off at the end of the day so no one quite knows if he has gone or not)!

Annoyingly, he will never get disciplined or sacked as management don't want the hassle of him or the paperwork! Grrr! Rant over! Anyone got a spare space under their patio for a fat bender?

[Edited on 29-08-2010 by sxibeast]
jimmy 2.1

29th Aug 10 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Theres a lad at work who I don't like, IMO he's a waste of space, shit at the job so puts more work onto everyone else. He's lazy and does as little as possible. As I don't like him, I don't talk to him except the necessary things to do with the job. Now this might not sound that bad, but there is only 4 of us in total that work that shift every week, so its usually a close team and we all get on.

Does any one else have a similar situation?

Yes! He's a fat smelly bastard! No one in particular gets on with him. He knows everything, done everything and knows everyone.....but really knows fuck all. Tries bullying cos of his size but when stood up to is a fucking wimp! Total tosser and brings down a good bunch of lads we have in the maintenance dept. Hate being on shift with him cos i then turn into a miserable bastard sometimes.

Now I just pick a job up and try stay out on the shop floor out of his way till break times.
taylorboosh

29th Aug 10 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would just try and bare him for work purposes
shaunmods
Premium Member

29th Aug 10 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres nobody that I don't talk to at my work, But there are a couple who get right on my tits. One girl in particular though. She one of these who's be there, done that and got a better t shirt than you'll ever have. She worked at our branch for about a month but then transferred to another one. Happy days we thought as everyone thought she was an arrogant twat. Well we had a shock as shes back now While she was at the other store she was given manager functions for the tills and now thinks shes gods gift. She comes in now after working at here for about 2 months bossing everyone around and patronising everyone. Not being funny love but just because you can cancel items on the till doesn't give you the right to tell me how I should be doing my job constantly! I had to do a 7 hour shift with her the other week and was considering suicide tbh
Eck
Premium Member

29th Aug 10 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might just be how things are at my factory, but if someone is a cunt, they are told they are a cunt. And when they are told they are a cunt, they are told to fuck off with the other cunts that have been informed they are a cunt. That way we don't interact with cunts on our shift
Winemaker

29th Aug 10 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have one of your lot over here, he's from up North apparently and he is all of the above and is a full blown arselicker, brown nosing SOB. We have to carry the load for this prick and it is driving me crazy, yet I still feel sorry for him when he stuffs up, which is an everyday occurrence, have even covered for him just so we all don't cop an arse ripping from the boss, to no avail. I'm at the point now where I'm hoping he gets crushed to death by a load from a forklift or drops a car on himself, it's that bad!
MarkSport

29th Aug 10 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know exactly what you mean.There Is 4 lads In our work and me being a trainee means I get put with a different guy depending on the job.some days ill be with the boss and get loads of work done the same as with another guy..but there is one that loves to waste time and do de-tours going to the next job.I made the manager aware as it looked bad on me as i was with him so i rarely get put with him now.
alan-g-w

29th Aug 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to work in the same sort of situation, only there were about 3-400 people on the shop floor and he wasn't like by anyone. He was a complete shite talker, used to lie about what he had for breakfast just for no reason at all. He ended up telling me he met Johnny Vegas and gave him a fag while sneaking into the hotel Benidorm was filmed in. I think there was actually something the matter with him.
DaveyLC

29th Aug 10 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We all have one of those.. Got a guy at my place who makes me want to kill myself if I get caught in the same room as him.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

29th Aug 10 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved my old job, sadly the 1 person i fucking hated was the person who ran the workshop and in the end assisted in the putting me out the door without any papers.
Fat bearded wanker.
MoesTavern

29th Aug 10 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's one of the perils of having to work for a living, being around people you can't stand for most hours of the day. If I'm honest there are only a few people in work I do actually like and speak to, the rest can fuck off and die in a fire.

That might be to do with me being an antisocial, miserable bastard though.
csweatherston

30th Aug 10 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, my old apprentice is a complete waste of space, however he's now been put on the same pay as me with half the duties.

When i kicked off at the boss, his excuse was he's pleading poverty.. living on the breadline blah blah blah.
Yet where is he now?. 2 weeks in Aya-napa.

Boils my piss!
Shell
Premium Member

30th Aug 10 at 05:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Theres nobody that I don't talk to at my work, But there are a couple who get right on my tits. One girl in particular though. She one of these who's be there, done that and got a better t shirt than you'll ever have. She worked at our branch for about a month but then transferred to another one. Happy days we thought as everyone thought she was an arrogant twat. Well we had a shock as shes back now While she was at the other store she was given manager functions for the tills and now thinks shes gods gift. She comes in now after working at here for about 2 months bossing everyone around and patronising everyone. Not being funny love but just because you can cancel items on the till doesn't give you the right to tell me how I should be doing my job constantly! I had to do a 7 hour shift with her the other week and was considering suicide tbh
Do you work for SportsWorld? It used to drive me tits that if you double scanned a manager had to cancel it, because staff were apparently so untrustworthy. Good solution to that would be to adopt a proper recruitment process and stop hiring useless idiots like the one you speak of. We were at one point told that 3 double scans in a shift would earn you a disciplinary. I now understand why they hire so many 16 year olds, because if someone said that to me now, they'd get what for. But at 16 you don't realise you're allowed to stand up for yourself!
shaunmods
Premium Member

30th Aug 10 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
Do you work for SportsWorld? It used to drive me tits that if you double scanned a manager had to cancel it, because staff were apparently so untrustworthy. Good solution to that would be to adopt a proper recruitment process and stop hiring useless idiots like the one you speak of. We were at one point told that 3 double scans in a shift would earn you a disciplinary. I now understand why they hire so many 16 year olds, because if someone said that to me now, they'd get what for. But at 16 you don't realise you're allowed to stand up for yourself!

I do Shell yeah. I know exactly what you mean, Its a bloody pain in the arse! Fair enough that you're not allowed to discount things down etc but not being able to cancels items is crazy Sometimes you'll scan everything then the customers change their minds. Then you've got to wait for the supervisor to get off their arse and cancel the item, then you've got a massive cue and get moaned at for not being quick enough

[Edited on 30-08-2010 by shaunmods]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Is it harsh? 22 database queries in 0.0150230 seconds