corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Declaring sorn ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Declaring sorn ?
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Sep 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trying to sorn my XE online, using my reg number & doc ref no from the new keeper slip attached to my logbook.

It isnt letting me do it though, i cant find the reminder, and the main half of my logbook is away for the engine number to be changed.

Will the doc ref numbers be different from my logbook & the new keeper section on my logbook ?
Eck
Premium Member

4th Sep 10 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How old is the new keepers' slip? If it's older than 2 months, you can't use it. Then you're scuppered if you can't find the reminder or it has expired. The only way to do it then without the logbook would be to go to a DVLA office (google your closest one) and they'll give you your tax disc
Archie
Premium Member

4th Sep 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont want to tax it i just want to declare sorn for now not long put my private plate on so logbook itself isnt that old
Eck
Premium Member

4th Sep 10 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bad, but the idea is the same.
belton

4th Sep 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

off topic but why are you declaring it sorn?
fazza

4th Sep 10 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ring dvla mate tell them you want it sorn, job done.

Eck
Premium Member

4th Sep 10 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They won't do it if you don't have the V5. If the new keepers' slip is out of date they will tell you to gtf. Should do anyway
fazza

4th Sep 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i called up to sorn my old gsi, they took the reg and number from the v5 and that was it job jobbed.

they then post you confirmation. this was about 18 months ago, i presume still same procedure
Eck
Premium Member

4th Sep 10 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye but the reference number changes it seems. As the one on my new keepers slip wasn't correct as it had expired.
Archie
Premium Member

4th Sep 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SORN'ing it because the tax is up and i want to do a few bits and bobs to it while i have spare cash.

Plate went on around mid june but i originally bought the car in april so i doubt any of the new keeper slips will be valid

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Declaring sorn ? 22 database queries in 0.0095341 seconds