corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » do different cars make you drive different?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author do different cars make you drive different?
Warren G

User status: Offline
5th Sep 10 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After driving my 1.8 astra about, i drive like a granny getting in 5th as soon as i can, just cruise at 65-70mph dont bother putting my foot down happy getting 400miles to a tank

picked up another car yesterday (only a 1.8 corsa c) but i just total change, been hammering it about, sliding it about corners reving the tits of it to over 7k and just been having a bubble, basicaly how i used to be

do bigger more sensible cars take the fun out of driving?
Ojc

5th Sep 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes deffo. When I had my black Nova SR I thrashed it everywhere.
Ben J

5th Sep 10 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep definaley. When I drive the wifes 1.7CDTI Astra I just waft about like an old man.

I get in the VXR and its like its got me round the throat telling me to drive it faster & faster. Which I tend to do!!

[Edited on 05-09-2010 by Ben J]
Adam_B

I used to proper hammer my Corsa most of the time and drove my £300 shitter hyundai like a right twat but the VX220 i take it down a couple of notches as i know what happens when it goes just a little bit wrong
redtom

yes but it makes no sense in my case.

gtir - drive pretty slow unless there is something half decent to play with
land rover - give death everywhere
e46 - give death

random.
Ben J

5th Sep 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_power
yes but it makes no sense in my case.

gtir - drive pretty slow unless there is something half decent to play with
land rover - give death everywhere
e46 - give death

random.

I understand that because I used to hammer my 1.2SXI Corsa back in the day. Sometimes the low powered cars you feel the need to try and drive them as fast as possible.
Robin
Premium Member

5th Sep 10 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I beat the crap out of both mine
SportBoy

5th Sep 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im old now so just drive slow all the time.
Anty
Premium Member

5th Sep 10 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to sell my astra i want a corsa c .. soon be selling on ebay again yay
LeeM

5th Sep 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drive my corsa slowly because its slow. my old lowered vts got hammered everywhere
mwg

5th Sep 10 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah driving my Dads LR Freelander I pootle about, it doesn't encourage you to drive fast at all. Wallow and comfortable so you dont throw it round corners.
Ben G

5th Sep 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i had the focus i never done a full tank of petrol just driving normally. always ended up going for a run down the country lanes.

with the puma i drive a bit different. i think i realise it's a lot less safe so if i crash, me or the mrs won't look too good after
daymoon
Premium Member

5th Sep 10 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really.
shaunmods
Premium Member

5th Sep 10 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always driven my corsa like a granny. The only times I usually drive it hard are if I'm going out specifically to take it for a spin or if someone fancies a play My old 106 was thrashed a lot though. Didn't care for it like I did the corsa so I wasnt really arsed about it. Used to chuck it about like nobody's business
Fro

5th Sep 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've calmed down alot in General since owning the 350, probably had something to do with it nearly punishing me on a bend not long after i got it
sc0ott

5th Sep 10 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i had my 1 litre corsa i drove slow. 9.9 times out of 10 was because it wasnt fast.
djgritt
Premium Member

5th Sep 10 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren Gdo bigger more sensible cars take the fun out of driving?

Not IMO.

I smash the shit out of my Daily Smoker Mazda, just as I do with my Corsa
Did the same with my previous Octavia vRS Daily runner, and with loads of Mondeos, Passats, Focus' etc etc

I also had a LWB Frontera that i used to leave in RWD and made a habit of trying to get the arse end out around every Roundabout that was big enough...
gavin18787
Premium Member

5th Sep 10 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive hammered all of my cars but they are all in the same catagory

Corsa gsi all the power was up the revs so got abuse

Civic was flat as a pancake below 6k so got a work out

VTS is just a rattly shed so I drive it hard and it makes me remember why I put up with it and smile just I like playing with the diff

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Warren G

5th Sep 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the worse thing is now, i think a standard corsa c sri handles well...i realy need to get out more

Mark.W

5th Sep 10 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drove my 1.2 8v corsa like a granny but when the 1.6 was fitted i do give it a bit more welly and do have a little play with some cars now and then but getting bit sick now cant be arsed with little divvys sitting on my bumper trying to push because its a modified corsa.
Graham88

5th Sep 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah definetly. Get in my work van or my Berlingo and I drive proper slow. But then at the same time I drive my car quite sensibly 90% of the time, but same as Ben I'll never have a tank of fuel and not thrash it at some point. My old Zetec S I always used to thrash but if I drove my MPS the same way I'd be banned in a month lol
Eck
Premium Member

5th Sep 10 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my Corsa's and french hatches I used to give it absolute death everywhere. In the ovloV I tend to take it easy, until there is something worth playing with. Which seems to be once a day just now
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Sep 10 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i find its the opposite way round, i hammer the shitter that i drive and drive the vx like miss daisy
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 10 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drive like a twat on public roads. Especially past schools at 3:15
daymoon
Premium Member

5th Sep 10 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wooly101uk
getting bit sick now cant be arsed with little divvys sitting on my bumper trying to push because its a modified corsa.

i know what you mean my sisters bf came over today as i was gonna show him my new exhaust. I thought it is best to get out on some b roads. obvisously i was revving highier than i would usually do and there was a saxo vtr/vts on my back for while although i wasnt racing but he wanted to

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » do different cars make you drive different? 23 database queries in 0.0108938 seconds