corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » All you valeters and detailers!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author All you valeters and detailers!
Norcy91

User status: Offline
5th Sep 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did you get into doing it? And do any of you have your own companies? Im really interested in trying to start up my own business and was just hoping people could give me information on what they did to get into it, how they got so good at doing it? etc, any helps appreciated! Thanks
Ingham
Banned

5th Sep 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too many people doing it for it to take off well/quick.

I got into it by keeping my first car immaculate, since then I just tried new things and spent quite a bit of money in the process.
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Sep 10 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't start your own business if you've never done it properly before, that makes no sense.
Norcy91

5th Sep 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I wouldn't start your own business if you've never done it properly before, that makes no sense.

I never said i'd just start up my own business straight away... Obviously i'd have to get some experience within a company first to pick up methods and so on. I was just asking for advice on what other people did thanks!
Minty_Fresh

5th Sep 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have found it easier to actually work for somebody in the trade..

i go to work with no hassel, valet/detail cars (brand new subarus, porshes etc) and come home..

the guy i work for has a lot of stress finding the customers, paying for all the top products, rent/bills for the unit etc
fazza

5th Sep 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did you find your job mate? (jay isnt it?)

you work for a dealer or fairly big valet firm?
Minty_Fresh

5th Sep 10 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fazza
How did you find your job mate? (jay isnt it?)

you work for a dealer or fairly big valet firm?

ye its jay

i work for a very small valeting/detailing firm (but we do mechanical jobs on the side) its literally me, my boss and his wife (who does the accounts)

i was very lucky, he hasnt long set up his business and was on the job centre website out of all places he had loads of people try out for him as he is a perfectionist (aswell as myself) but he obviously liked my standards..

i always keep my car/s spotless but since being there its just been took to another level..

[Edited on 05-09-2010 by Minty_Fresh]
fazza

5th Sep 10 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the money like jay?

sort of thing i would like to get into tbh
Minty_Fresh

5th Sep 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate its shite pay, but getting a pay rise soon (pound or so more an hour, so not to bad)

would be a lot better if i started up on my own, but the hardest part is getting regular customers so the work doesnt dry up..

what i personally would do, make some leaflets, spend a saturday or sunday (or both) posting them, get a few customers, put a few £200 into the 'business' and go from there, no doubt over time the products will pay for themselves (untill you run out) but then you have only broke even and know exactly what its like . Then just go from there (if it picks up then buy in bulk and make some profit)
BluKoo

5th Sep 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother got into it all just from looking after his car and developing a real passion and pride for it.

He started working at a carwash doing valets, his skills got recognised by the right people and he got approached by Polished Bliss. At this time i think they only sold car care equipment but when my brother joined the business the detailing side of the company was born.
Minty_Fresh

5th Sep 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
My brother got into it all just from looking after his car and developing a real passion and pride for it.

He started working at a carwash doing valets, his skills got recognised by the right people and he got approached by Polished Bliss. At this time i think they only sold car care equipment but when my brother joined the business the detailing side of the company was born.

That sounds very simlar to me (apart from i do showroom subarus/porshes at the moment), but now im just waiting for a detailing company to take me on..

[Edited on 05-09-2010 by Minty_Fresh]
BluKoo

5th Sep 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Polished Bliss just took on another detailer. Shame u didn't get in their quicker
Ben J

6th Sep 10 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Market is flooded with detailers ATM. Unless you are already well established like Rich H and BlueKoo's brother then you will struggle.

I've looked into it recently and IMO there's too much established competition for a new company ATM.

It may be worth offering to work with an established detailers voluntarily at first in order to learn the industry and skills. Then they may take you on or someone else may.

[Edited on 06-09-2010 by Ben J]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » All you valeters and detailers! 22 database queries in 0.0090668 seconds