corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trade insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Trade insurance
antnee

User status: Offline
11th Sep 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've heard of a few people getting trade insurance policys for their own car(s) without actually being in the motor trade.

Whats the facts behind it all? If I got a trade policy, would it cover my modded car like for like? I guess I would be able to drive other cars too?
Toby
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sont need to be a motor trader to have a trade policy it designed for businesses who have employees drive vehicles on a smaller scale. Most will require you to present information on your business etc so 95% people who arnt businesses will not get one
Tomnova16
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before I had the business I just put my home address as business address. Didn't need anything more. I went with crowthorne insurance.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Colin

11th Sep 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely they would check should you make a claim, then tell you do git tae once they find out you dont own a business??
antnee

11th Sep 10 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do work on mates cars so could 'make' a company
John

11th Sep 10 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could make a company without doing work on mates cars.
Colin

11th Sep 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But then if you 'make' a company your then liable for tax, insurances, etc etc etc for that.

Im not clever enough in this area to know the in's & outs, i'd imagine the same goes for folk that make up companies to get cheaper insurance.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually said I do private work on peoples cars and I need to be covered to drive them. They said just put the home address as business address and there is no issue

Colin

11th Sep 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But did you have a reg'd all above board business Tom or were you just doing homers for cash??

I dont think you can just present an imaginery business to an insurance company & get cover from them.

If you can it will be rather sketchy should they investigate a claim.

Ins fraud can be punishable with serving time at her majesty's pleasure.

I'd rather not get involved in that!!
pow
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silly idea, just won't happen!
DaveyLC

11th Sep 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It isnt all its cracked up to be, you only get trade value payout for the car if you stack it.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just for private jobs and driving my families cars. All above board. Had a few windscreen claims with no probs too.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trade insurance 23 database queries in 0.0138750 seconds