corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa VXR & Clio 200 on the Nurburgring

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa VXR & Clio 200 on the Nurburgring
mwg

User status: Offline
15th Sep 10 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has this been posted on here yet or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4V9yxYJ8sM

I thought the Corsa might of had more of an advantage on the straights than it does with it's turbo torque. Clio looks quite a bit faster in the corners, it's even backing off at some points.

They both seem to know the track as they aren't hanging around. Guess some might say its easier following than leading. Both obviously handle pretty damn well and are going faster than I'd ever dare go round there!

Will delete this if it's a repost.
Ojc

15th Sep 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clio has fantastic brakes, the Corsa doesn't.
Steve
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes m8

me and ojc used do laps of the ring on Forza 3 in the clios, used to sit on the main straight and look at each as we accelerated

[Edited on 15-09-2010 by Steve]
Paul_J

15th Sep 10 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good driving.
Tom G

15th Sep 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
yes m8

me and ojc used do laps of the ring on Forza 3 in the clios, used to sit on the main straight and look at each

mwg

15th Sep 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was waiting for a silver Puma with powdercoated lower arms to come past them both.
Ojc

15th Sep 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But isn't that fantastic that a Corsa has come on leaps and bounds from the Corsa C? Who would have thought a Corsa would be just as good as a Clio 200 in such a short space of time?

Brilliant video.
Ojc

15th Sep 10 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...and to add it's always easier to be the car behind. Ask anyone thats been on track.
Steve
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, wondered why the corsa was braking at that bit on flugplatz then noticed there was roadworks
mwg

15th Sep 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they obviously have come on a lot from when I had a Corsa B. Nearly as good in the corners as a Clio... Seriously though I agree major progress over the previous Corsa's.

[Edited on 15-09-2010 by mwg]
Ojc

15th Sep 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's as good in the corners, some of the lines the Corsa driver takes are far to sharp, the Clio takes the better lines through Adenau Forst for example giving him a much faster exit but he still has to hit the limiter to keep with the Corsa.

Both very good cars.
FlamingCorsa

15th Sep 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both good cars with good drivers,

that track is more suited to corsa's power and torque and yet the clio looks as fast if not faster!

be good to c them on a track that involves more breaking and slower corners!
gez bay

15th Sep 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the corsa looks abit easier to drive, you can leave it that bit lower down the revs for the torque, as the clio has to be at top revs all the time for the power.

Both very capable cars.
gidged500
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 00:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wanna go great driving though wouldnt mind driving the vxr and clio round there see how they compare
AndyKent

16th Sep 10 at 06:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some great driving there. Would be interesting to see the Corsa chasing the Clio for comparison.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 07:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa

that track is more suited to corsa's power and torque and yet the clio looks as fast if not faster!

i would disagree id say the ring is more suited to a good handler, and a confident driver who knows the layout well. Outright power means very little at the ring.

thats why a lot of people go over there and get arse raped by locals in suzuki swifts

there is one section that power will have a defiante advantage though the uphill section from Ex-Muhle up to Karrussell

[Edited on 16-09-2010 by Steve]
whitter45

16th Sep 10 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not on a track but drove both and we preferred the VXR

FlamingCorsa

16th Sep 10 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa

i would disagree id say the ring is more suited to a good handler, and a confident driver who knows the layout well. Outright power means very little at the ring.

thats why a lot of people go over there and get arse raped by locals in suzuki swifts

there is one section that power will have a defiante advantage though the uphill section from Ex-Muhle up to Karrussell

[Edited on 16-09-2010 by Steve]

thats quite inteststing, having never driven it just assumed that it was a pretty fast course with high speed area's and no real tight hair pins of things like that!
gavin18787
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Enjoyed watching that

Not as much in it as some may make out

Would take the corsa as a daily car though as I think its the better looker and turbo is better for daily use

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
mwg

16th Sep 10 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Some great driving there. Would be interesting to see the Corsa chasing the Clio for comparison.

That would be good see. I'd hazard a guess that the Clio might start to pull out a lead too!

Be good if you could have the Clio exactly as it is but with the Corsa's engine in it
Dr Pepper

16th Sep 10 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As mwg said.... clio with a corsa engine would be best. Personally I think the clio would beat the corsa around most tracks as the breaks are different class.

Driven both and there is very little in it - I just felt the clio was a bit more fun to go around corners in, the brakes were the main thing that made me go for the clio....they are astonishing. It just felt to me a bit more predictable in the twisties- personally I prefer the styling ofthe clio but the corsa is nice to look at too

They are both pretty decent laps they are doing there by the look of it.

[Edited on 16-09-2010 by Dr Pepper]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa VXR & Clio 200 on the Nurburgring 23 database queries in 0.5782189 seconds