corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People you went to school with

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People you went to school with
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Sep 10 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you still keep in contact with people you went to school with?

Have you ever been horrible to people at school and have felt bad/apologised to them for your behaviour in later (adult) life because of peer pressure or for no valid reason etc.?

I was just taking a trip down memory lane looking at people's profiles on Friends Reunited/Facebook, kinda funny seeing people you went to school with now married/have kids/are now gay but it got me thinking, because of the whole peer pressure bollocks you get at school I remember being horrible to some kids (i.e. the non popular ones/ones that might have had some sort of medical condition which made them singled out) simply because others were as well. It did work both ways though, and I had some kids be nasty fuckers to me as well Karma and all that I guess.
Neo

16th Sep 10 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have kept in contact with just one person I went to school with as he was a good mate.

Life is about meeting new people and having fun, why keep the annoying guy that tagged on to you all through your school years as a friend to hold you back

A1EX

16th Sep 10 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't particularly keep in touch with anyone i went to school with, except my best mate did go to the same school as me but just after i left.
However there is one particular lad who was a right mean nasty bastard, and if i do ever see him again, id be hard pushed not to hit him very very very hard.
Conway563

16th Sep 10 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still good friends with maybe 4 or 5 people I was at school with. 2 of those I didn't really become friends with until we were about 18 and working together though

Still see plenty of people from school about (one girl lives 2 doors down from me) and say alright etc. but that's about it
Sam
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
I have kept in contact with just one person I went to school with as he was a good mate.

Life is about meeting new people and having fun, why keep the annoying guy that tagged on to you all through your school years as a friend to hold you back

Same as. Although this mate has kinda gone downhill now and I don't keep in contact with him any more - probably not spoken to him in over 3 years now. He's literally 3 days older than me, has 4 kids and has a serious addiction to cannabis and God knows what else. Ironic as I always thought he'd be the one that had a great life, he had such good grades in school and a better family life than me. Ah well.
Hammer

16th Sep 10 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, it's impossible to get away from them tbh.
Ben J

16th Sep 10 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite a few tbh. It's funny seeing how people have turned out. Some of the evil cocks at school have turned out to be really decent people, and some of the ones that got bullied etc are now really successful.

Also noticed that in alot of cases the "hotties" from school are no longer hot, and the more average looking girls at school are now hot!!!
3CorsaMeal

16th Sep 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still have the same friends since primary school, none of us have moved on tbh
JadeM
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope I dont

Sometimes feel a bit guilty about loosing touch with them, really should have made more of an effort to keep in touch tbh
Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Also noticed that in alot of cases the "hotties" from school are no longer hot, and the more average looking girls at school are now hot!!!

that
Colin

16th Sep 10 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See the usual suspects now & then, some folk from School seem to have just vanished though.....wierd!!
sc0ott

16th Sep 10 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im still friends with some and i still see others around (i.e gym, nightclubs etc) and as above, some of the popular ones back then are now the fatties and the 'no bad lookings' are now the hotties.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, still speak to quite a few of them - very few from my year though, most them them were into heavy rock music etc, so most of my school mates were from the year above me, into cars and stuff.

Don't see them very often now I've moved away, but still keep in contact. There are two who also live in Bristol now though, so see them a lot - one of whom I'm best man for next September.
Andrew

16th Sep 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hear from 2 old school mates, both getting married later this year. Most have disapeared off the face of the earth. Weird!

Don't hear from any of my old uni mates anymore. Need to look into this
mattk

16th Sep 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, the 6 lads I go drinking with 3 or 4 times a week where my best mates all through school, even in nursery when we were 3 or 4
Fro

16th Sep 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah talk to quite a few but only go out with the ones that i can stand to be around though
Mad Moe

16th Sep 10 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My closest 5 mates we have all know each other since we were 3-4 years old and still normally catch up for a pint together every week.
Paul_J

16th Sep 10 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo

Was that pow?

Just kidding Dave.

Yeah, I lost contact from most people at school by choice, I went off to college and then uni and met plenty of other mates. Whenever I met back up with the old school mates, they were doing the same things they used to and not going anywhere / no aspirations. The conversation would always revolve around what they'd been up recently, e.g. at school - so it all soon got boring fast and so I couldn't be bothered with them any more

- To answer your question though Sam, yes I have apologised to a few guys since for being a dick to them at school. They were alright about it and said it was fine.

DaveyLC

16th Sep 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of the people I went to school with are either dead or in prison
Ojc

16th Sep 10 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our group that used to cause havoc at school have slowly disintergrated, nobody speaks to anybody anymore.

Shame as when we used to meet up we would have a right laugh, now one is a crack addict, one has two kids and a step daughter, one I slept with his missus years ago and one has restraining orders out on him from two different girls
Tomnova16
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one guy from primary school, one guy from secondary school, both my best mates, also good friends with a guy i went to plaschool with but only met him again when i was 17 through my mate i met in secondary school.
got a few on facebook but not seen them in years

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Laney

16th Sep 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I regularly deny requests on Facebook from them

I've got one good mate that I'm friends with from school but apart from that I'd rather not have anything to do with them.

I wouldn't take an apology from people who were twats to me either.
pow
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mike
Neo

16th Sep 10 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave
John

16th Sep 10 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going out with one and I keep in touch with another one, that's about it though.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People you went to school with 23 database queries in 0.1604102 seconds