corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » shiny bumpers and arches

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author shiny bumpers and arches
andyjmc

User status: Offline
21st Sep 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all kinda need help with a question i want to spray my bumpers and arches shiny black and was wondering how do you do it? can any one tell me?
Phillips_91

21st Sep 10 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sand down all the bobbly bits :/ until its smooth, Plastic primer, primer, top coat, laquer job done
SnK

21st Sep 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your doing by hand it takes ALOT of preperation. It won't be cheap neither, you can probably spend atleast £50 on primer sand paper and spray paint as well as lacquer.
Take the arches and bumpers off the car to do it, then start masking up the areas you don't want to affect i.e painted areas. Start sanding away the bumpers getting finer and finer in grade till you have a really nice smooth bumper and arches. Then get your primer, i always heat my primer up first, feel it sticks better so leave in a bucket of warm water for a few minutes, then give it a really good shake and begin spraying, do in a dust free environment with hardly any wind. Give it plenty of coats of primer whilst using very very fine grit sandpaper in between, let it dry for atleast 1 hour before sanding each layer. Also use filler primer, it's thick yellow stuff that will get rid of blemishes. On the last coat of primer give it atleast 24 hours to cure really well, preferably in a warm enviroment dust free again. Give it a really fine sanding again, dust off and do the same with your spray paint put in warm bucket of water and shake for atleast 3-5 minutes. Begin spraying in fine layers. Sanding lightly in between, until you get nice build up and colour is pretty much perfect, no runs or fades etc. Let to cure again for about a day, then spray laquer on let dry spray more on do about 5-10 times, don't over-do it with laquer though as it does run and looks a mess!
As said, take your time, preparation is everything.
scottyp1989

21st Sep 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

high build primer is what you want not filler primer

New Poll