corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » F1 2010 - How Awesome!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F1 2010 - How Awesome!!
fred7

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got it early from buying online? got mine today its awesome unlike any other racing game out!!
Ryan

23rd Sep 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to try and get a copy tomorrow, whats it like online?
Bart

23rd Sep 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What machine your playing on?
N3CRO

23rd Sep 10 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might be renting it over the weekend.
fred7

23rd Sep 10 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS3. not played it online yet gotta update and dont want to.
Baz-Zico

23rd Sep 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The band I work for is on the soundtrack

Zico Chain - Anaemia is the track
Tomnova16
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm i may buy this

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Whittie

23rd Sep 10 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may purchase this. Not had an F1 game for bloody years.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not had one since that nigel mansell F1 game

JonnyJ

23rd Sep 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will wait to hear a few more comments from people but if they are as good as this i think ill be purchasing. Please people, say its shit, i cant afford all these games
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all the people from the live for speed community (serious sim racers) says its pretty crap..

ill download it on PC to have a see myself but they are never normally wrong when it comes to driving games.
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is from a lad who races single seaters

In many ways it is rubbish.

The AI jerk about and take stupid lines
The pit entry exit system is rubbish
The handling is sub-par in many ways, although I can just about catch slides, but I can't instigate them on purpose. The engine overheats way to easily.

So it is NOT a sim. It's really quite unrealistic. Anyone who says it is either doesn't know any better (F1 drivers might know the real thing, but they have little idea what makes a game realistic for sim-nerds) or have been paid to say so.

Having said that, it's fun. I'll keep unlocking my Steam version until it's officially released and playing it when I can... Time isn't a commodity I have lots of, but I did stay up until 1am playing it in a darkened room. The last time I did that with a game (other than LFS) was in my student days.

So it get's a mixed review from me. Awful in some ways. But still very entertaining, at least for now.

I just need to keep tweaking the controls to get them a little better - no lag here, but the sensitivity needs fine tuning a bit, and the FFB needs toning down a little in terms of kerb effects (kerbs don't feel like that). Oh, and I have to work out how to get FSAA in the game. It's enabled in Catalyst CC, and it's enabled in game, but the jaggies are NASTY.

Oh, and I have to drive in cockpit view, even though the silly camera shake gives me a headache. I can't judge corners from the T-Bar, and I refuse to use a chase cam (not that I could drive from it) as I'm older than 4. I hope someone finds a way of toning down the head-shake. Static head cam would be far better.

I might have a quick go at lunch time (when I should be packing my racing clothes for the weekend). That's how much fun it is despite it being shit.
JonnyJ

23rd Sep 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell im glad im not that serious about games, I'd never find one i liked

People have to remember that, whilst they want it to be as close to the real thing as possible, they also have to make it playable for ALL people, otherwise the game just wouldnt sell in the numbers they want it to. How many of us race single seaters FFS?

Wonder if people from the army dont like FPS' as they can still stand up after a bullet to the chest.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there a demo out for it ?

Dom

23rd Sep 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
is there a demo out for it ?

no
Tomnova16
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

muther truckers

Whittie

23rd Sep 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
not had one since that nigel mansell F1 game

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORMULA-1-2001-2002-LIMITED-EDITION-PS2-GAMES-F1-/390241818126?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5adc39960e

That's the last one I had, 2001
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

although i understand that a full sim isnt for everybody there is nothing worse than a car handling in ways it just wouldnt..

i would rather a game be hard and that i have to work at it to get good than be pissed off by making it too easy and not a challenge..

kids nowadays think (IMO) that games are basically just films where they can interact with a story but everything should be easy to do etcetc.. where have the days of monkey island gone where you had to use your brain to work it out.??

the other thing they could of done was to create a hardcore or realistic mode like GT5 has, that way you are catering for both parties.
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its currently out on the online shops.. so ill have a purchase and see what i think..

and i will let you know my thoughts for those who give a shit
JonnyJ

23rd Sep 10 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what I'd like chris, a hardcore, slightly touch someone (Like hamilton at monza) and its race over mode, like you say best compromise but not sure how much more time that would take to implement into a game and then you have the problem of if the AI isnt amazing then you'll never finish half the races as they'll be crashing into you!
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been reading a couple of reviews now from people and they are all saying pretty much the same..

looks fine, effects are fine (some AA issues on ATi cards on the PC) but stupid bugs like the faster you seem to go the worse the frame rates drop, the issues with the AI being very strange on track and some isses with the pitstops..

it makes me think that they wanted to just get it out and released and get as many sales as possible before gran turismo is released.. i mean lets face it.. which would you rather have!
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here is a review.. but ive never watched their reviews before so i dont know how much fanboy-ism is in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j5U-ctKR1A&feature=fvst
JonnyJ

23rd Sep 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both unfortunately

I like the look of the career mode in the F1 game which GT5 doesn't have and i dont really need to explain why i want GT5. Ah well, I'll just have to get both
JonnyJ

23rd Sep 10 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
here is a review.. but ive never watched their reviews before so i dont know how much fanboy-ism is in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j5U-ctKR1A&feature=fvst

FUCKING LOL at around 1.10 where he flys off at a million mph, smashes into the barrier and the engineer comes over and says "beware you've picked up some gravel on the tyres" Think id be in tears at that point, comedy gold, the fact he has a bit of a geordie tone makes it even better
Cole

23rd Sep 10 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i shall be making a purchase

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll