corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » False advertising and websites?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author False advertising and websites?
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
24th Sep 10 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do i stand with this?

A uk company is advertising car parts that would normally cost me just over £100 for £55-£75, meant to be genuine parts too.

So ring them up and they claim the advert is years out of date, yet they still advertise them and the ad is online.

isn't that false advertising?
Steve
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
Steve
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and they are legally obliged to honour that price, all they can do is refuse to sell it altogether
Ben G

24th Sep 10 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, they are trying to get customers by putting the prices lower than they should be.

as bad as the companies the put ''from 99p'' and you end up paying 50 quid, except that's legal.
3CorsaMeal

24th Sep 10 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noticed this appear on the site

"Sorry these items are no longer available from us. We now only supply & fit engines & gearboxes for all makes & models. "

might of been there before but deffo not as noticable as it is now
BarnshaW

24th Sep 10 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
and they are legally obliged to honour that price, all they can do is refuse to sell it altogether

this is not true.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how is it not they have marked it at that price that means they either sell it at that price or refuse to sell it, of course the customer could choose to pay full price but that would be silly lol
ste_p23

24th Sep 10 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

this is not true.

Barnshaw Is correct i work in retail and i assure you that is not true at all
Steve
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what other option is there then

this is what i was told when i worked on customer services at tescos anyway, was always selling stuff at prices that were incorrectly marked, told it was legally what we had to do.

Or refuse sale, which wasnt tescos policy so we never did that.

Like i said the customer could pay the full price if they wanted, not sure what other scenario there is
saj_123

24th Sep 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barnshaw, I did contract law last year and this came up, the price shown is just a mere invitation to treat. It becomes a contract when the item is scanned through the till or go through checkout on the internet.
Baskey

24th Sep 10 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by saj_123
Barnshaw, I did contract law last year and this came up, the price shown is just a mere invitation to treat. It becomes a contract when the item is scanned through the till or go through checkout on the internet.

Correct, we did a whole section on 'invitation to treat' in business studies.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'invitation to men'
Baskey

24th Sep 10 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed it's gay and confusing
BarnshaW

24th Sep 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just because something is labelled up at a price on a website does not mean it HAS to be sold at that price, if vauxhall or ford accidentally labelled a car up at a pound then you would not be entitled to get the car for a pound.

Its like those times where websites have advertised products at the wrong price and people buy hundreds of them but they just get an email stating it was a mistake and the money would be refunded.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i know thats not what i said i said if they choose to sell it to you has to be at that price,

in that example you said vauxhall would just choose not to sell it, and then it would be up to the customer to decide if they want to pay the actual price
BarnshaW

24th Sep 10 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still dont think you have any idea what you are talking about steven J williams
Steve
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW

DaveyLC

24th Sep 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by saj_123

I'm sure there is some limitation about it being a MARKED price?
AndyKent

24th Sep 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All you lot started arguing without actually reading what he wrote.

They must sell at the advertised price or not at all. As a customer you can't take something to a till expecting to pay £4 but they charge you £8.

They have to either honour £4 or decline to sell it to you.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » False advertising and websites? 22 database queries in 0.0148768 seconds