corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sunday drivers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sunday drivers
Jambo

User status: Offline
26th Sep 10 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously it's not just a stereotype it's fucking terrifying

I was just nearly involved in a head on collision on a national speed limit road buy someone pulling out of a turning without looking in either direction. That would of been my life gone because they couldn't be arsed to look where they are going?!

I also witnessed someone doing an emergency stop at a roundabout to "give way" to a car going left (I.e she didn't need to stop at all) the car was signalling and perfectly visable travelling at circa 15mph. Luckily I had observed the poor road holding and bad lane positioning as well as a clear ignorance to the speed limit (stuck at 29mph in a 40, clearly she hadn't seen the road signs which is also terrifying)

I nearly ran over a man and his dog as he crossed the road between two parked cars then looked down his nose at me as I drive a boy racer car

I fucking hate this shit
taylorboosh

26th Sep 10 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imagine that only 1 of those would be seen as the other driver fault, competence test every 10 years for over 60s imo
corsadonk
Premium Member

26th Sep 10 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a chav in a Corsa LS try to drive into my yesterday, because I was still in my lane, and he throuht he could use all of the lanes, and he had the check to pull a face, and say something COCK!

Sod a test for over 60's everyone should do one once a year.
Mike GSi

26th Sep 10 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Road rage FTW! Its scary what old folk are capable of a few months back some oap near my house, illegaly parked, facing a wall, returned to her car (Auto Merc) Started the car and put her foot on the wrong pedal (throttle) and went straight through the wall, not only did she rip her sump off and pissed oil every where, she also for some unknow reason left her foot on the throttle sitting on the spot wheelspinning. She got let off with driver error, because she "pressed the wrong pedal" Luckily it was only a wall she destroyed and not a bunch of children etc.
Ben D

26th Sep 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I also witnessed someone doing an emergency stop at a roundabout to "give way" to a car going left (I.e she didn't need to stop at all) the car was signalling and perfectly visable travelling at circa 15mph.

This boil's my blood, Somebody did it infront of me in basingstoke last week, which is twice as bad as considering all Basingstoke has is roundabouts so you would think they would know what they are doing on them by now.
alan-g-w

26th Sep 10 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I nearly ran over a man and his dog as he crossed the road between two parked cars then looked down his nose at me as I drive a boy racer car

I fucking hate this shit

This. I was driving down a very local 30mph limit road to me in the XE, a road that I quite strictly stick to 30 on. This ex-police neighbourhood watch wanker that's always causing it was walking his ex-police alsation as he does on this road round the corner from me. I've gone by, going 33 or 34mph at the most, in the motor right past him. Cue him stopping mid stride and staring me like I've just shat on his kitchen floor, even going to the bother of turning his head more than 90degrees to just stare me out. I was a bit pissed off with other things at this and adding to that the fact he/ other people have done this same thing on the same road I turned around.

He wasn't expecting me to be doing that so he got a bit of a fright. But I just went up to him, calm as anything, wound down the passenger window and asked him if there was anything wrong with my car. When he said no with a puzzled face I simply told him that it seemed like my fucking bumper was hanging off with the stare he was giving me. I then suggested it could have been because he thought, wrongly, that I was excessively speeding. He then says that I must have had a guilty concience to have turned around to say something. No I said, it's just the fact that I was going 34mph at the most and you were giving me the same look as a rapist would get upon release. Ended with him flapping out his arse when he realises that he was just being an old fart and the fact that I wasn't going anywhere near a dangerous speed.

It was just so fucking annoying but I tend to leave it now and just give them a wee thumbs up, it annoys them more than saying anything to them.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

26th Sep 10 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can better both Jambo and Alan's pedestrian near miss stories, I didn't miss
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th Sep 10 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike

You wouldn't believe how many people I've nearly run over going to work I work in a retail park and the staff car park is in the delivery area. People seem to assume that nobody every goes down this road during the day so they just cross the road without even looking! I nearly took out a woman with a pram the other week! Luckily for her I was paying attention and was able to stop in time. Then the stupid bitch had the cheek to give me a dirty look. I've started locking up the brakes now Scares the shit out of them.

[Edited on 26-09-2010 by shaunmods]
Ben G

26th Sep 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're just jealous you aren't old and retired imo.

[Edited on 26-09-2010 by Ben G]
alan-g-w

26th Sep 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
I can better both Jambo and Alan's pedestrian near miss stories, I didn't miss

This is actually quite wierd, almost straight after posting that comment I took the bird to the train station for her to go to work. I swear on my mother's life, I came to the end of a really slow part of a 30mph limit on a minor road that's about a 30-45degree gradient and has a junction onto a main road - also a 30 and it's not a dead busy road but you defo need to stop to give way. I'm rolling down to this junction, probably only going about 20mph if that and some old bastard jogging runs out in front of me causing me to brake. I sit on the horn and he has the fucking cheek to turn around and put a fist up to me. I stopped, stuck the window down and told him not to run out in front of cars you fucking dafty. Then he turns around and almost made me laugh with the next comment and action - starts walking towards the car saying 'pedestrian right of way mate' pointing at his temple like a mad man. All I could manage to say was 'remember your green cross code fanny' total arseholes.

Reminded me of another time where there was an old woman coming off a bus about 100yds down the same road I was talking about in the first example. I could see her looking (since she probably heard me coming) and we both knew that she wouldn't make it across, but what does she do? Walks. I'm only going about 30-35mph at this time and even with coming off the throttle a bit I still need to stop to a standstill to let her cross. I put the window down and genuinely tried to be polite in telling her what she had done was totally fucking stupid. I said something like 'you'll need to watch walking out in front of cars like that, you're going to end up getting run over', only for her to turn and say 'well you were going too fast weren't you'. 'No, I was actually going about 30mph' I told her. Cue her saying 'well it looked like you were going far too fast...' and basically flapping out her arse like the first cunt.

It's just total arseholes with nothing to busy themselves with except from getting little kicks from talking/ acting down to people yonger than themselves.

And I'm sorry for the essays but this shit really, really pisses me off - the fact that I actually try to make an effort NOT to get sterotyped into a boy racer but no matter what I do the way the car looks and the fact I'm so comparatively young makes people think it no matter how you act.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

26th Sep 10 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you was gonna say you'd hit someone then

Difference with mine was that he appeared to be at least half rational thinking, once he'd gotta his footing he turned to me and waved as if to apologise but then he went and jumped on a bus before I could park up and get out, leaving me with a crease in my bonnet and having to report it in case he comes up with any fairy stories down the line
AndyKent

26th Sep 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I don't get is that all the old retired people have all week to go out and use the roads when it's quiet, yet they still insist on driving around on a Saturday afternoon
belton

26th Sep 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think my area must be the worst as its 'the garden of england', becuase its quiet, well its quiet becuase its full of old people.
Near my house there is a roundabout with 3 junctions. In the shape of say a corsa gsi ally. (stupid, but everyone knows what i mean)
Some idiot woman just belted down, didnt look, and i was shocked becuase it wasnt as if she was following a car or had any indication that it was free, breezed over the roundabout going right and was about an inch away from a bus that had to slam its brakes on. She then just drove on normally!

Another i went over a speed bump by sevenoaks train station about 7 so had my lights on, and some woman went fucking mental at me? She got so irate and it did infurate me so i pulled over and she was angry becuase my lights where so bright! I have standard bulbs and always have them as dipped as they go when on.

This morning as it goes, on the A21 before the tonbridge turning there is a speed camera. I use this road daily (not that the other driver knew this but still)
But i overtook a galaxy approaching this, only to be flashed repeatedly, he stuck his arm out the window and was indicating to pull over (so i thought). Driving a corsa and naturally thinking that if someone was to make such a scene my wheel must have fallen off of my car was on fire i pulled over way ahead of him (after hazarding at him and him flashing back) just for him to zoom past! Fucking arsehole. Drives me insane, and he thought he was doing me a favour! My fault for speeding if i was!
He was going 50mph in a 70 and take into account speedo 10% out wheels etc. You can comfortably do it at 85
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th Sep 10 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesterday about 5:30 I nearly ran some old man over Basically there was a coach on my side of the road and this guy stepped out from in front of it as I was going past (about 25mph at most) whilst he was looking in the other direction. Didn't see me until I nearly hit him Stupid fool. Surely everyone knows you don't just step out into a road from behind a bus without looking both ways?

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
AlunJ

26th Sep 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm so critical of other peoples driving I felt so stupid yesterday when I did a complete dick of a thing, theres a point going north on the m6, where theres 2 lanes that go left towards the m6 toll, but you can keep going on the m6, and then theres the fast lane that keeps going straight up the m6, but it goes uphill slightly and behind the trees etc.
Not thinking I shouted no I don't want the m6 toll, pulled right across 2 lanes to get to the 3rd lane, right in the path of an audi doing leptons whoops blonde moment, I never do things like that ever
pow
Premium Member

26th Sep 10 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by belton
i think my area must be the worst as its 'the garden of england', becuase its quiet, well its quiet becuase its full of old people.
Near my house there is a roundabout with 3 junctions. In the shape of say a corsa gsi ally. (stupid, but everyone knows what i mean)
Some idiot woman just belted down, didnt look, and i was shocked becuase it wasnt as if she was following a car or had any indication that it was free, breezed over the roundabout going right and was about an inch away from a bus that had to slam its brakes on. She then just drove on normally!

Another i went over a speed bump by sevenoaks train station about 7 so had my lights on, and some woman went fucking mental at me? She got so irate and it did infurate me so i pulled over and she was angry becuase my lights where so bright! I have standard bulbs and always have them as dipped as they go when on.

This morning as it goes, on the A21 before the tonbridge turning there is a speed camera. I use this road daily (not that the other driver knew this but still)
But i overtook a galaxy approaching this, only to be flashed repeatedly, he stuck his arm out the window and was indicating to pull over (so i thought). Driving a corsa and naturally thinking that if someone was to make such a scene my wheel must have fallen off of my car was on fire i pulled over way ahead of him (after hazarding at him and him flashing back) just for him to zoom past! Fucking arsehole. Drives me insane, and he thought he was doing me a favour! My fault for speeding if i was!
He was going 50mph in a 70 and take into account speedo 10% out wheels etc. You can comfortably do it at 85

There's a camera in the middle of the A40 near here that is known not to work, hasn't worked for years, I blitz through it at like 75-80 every time and get bad flashing guestures and frantic arm waving a lot when I do it
oceansoul

27th Sep 10 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Reminded me of another time where there was an old woman coming off a bus about 100yds down the same road I was talking about in the first example. I could see her looking (since she probably heard me coming) and we both knew that she wouldn't make it across, but what does she do? Walks. I'm only going about 30-35mph at this time and even with coming off the throttle a bit I still need to stop to a standstill to let her cross. I put the window down and genuinely tried to be polite in telling her what she had done was totally fucking stupid. I said something like 'you'll need to watch walking out in front of cars like that, you're going to end up getting run over', only for her to turn and say 'well you were going too fast weren't you'. 'No, I was actually going about 30mph' I told her. Cue her saying 'well it looked like you were going far too fast...' and basically flapping out her arse like the first cunt.

She thought you were going too fast, yet then still decided to walk out infront of you
Stupid woman.
Neo

27th Sep 10 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Cue her saying 'well it looked like you were going far too fast...'

She thought you were going too fast, yet then still decided to walk out infront of you
Stupid woman.

Exactly what I thought.

After living in windsor, regularly driving into london, down to southampton and portsmouth, over to wales very regularly, I was hoping a move to a sleep essex retirement town would be a nice change.

In the last 18 months, I have had more people pull out on my at roundabout, slow down in 60's because i'm too close when they are doing 30, try and start fights after I have pointed out their bad driving (i.e. swerving in the road to overtake me when there are 5 cars in front of me stopping me doing exactly that), gestures from other drivers, people following me home, people trying to race etc etc etc than I ever had in the city, or on the 500 miles I do to work and back each week !
sc0ott

27th Sep 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fucking cannot stand drivers that come up to an open plan roundabouts. Ones where you can see if there is anything coming a mile away but no the fucks that decide to slow right down and THEN look which causes everyone else to slow because they have no driving common sense
Daveskater
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
In the last 18 months, I have had ... people following me home
I had someone follow me to work once, I was having an epically bad day and on the way to work some tool in an old Rover pulled out in front of me so I waved my arms around Steve styley, he followed me to work and winged at me in the car park

He actually turned around and went a couple of miles out of his way too, as he was going the other way originally

[Edited on 27-09-2010 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
AndyKent

27th Sep 10 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
I fucking cannot stand drivers that come up to an open plan roundabouts. Ones where you can see if there is anything coming a mile away but no the fucks that decide to slow right down and THEN look which causes everyone else to slow because they have no driving common sense

This, happens pretty much every day to me. If you are incapable of looking right before reaching a roundabout you shouldn't be on the road - end of.
Neo

27th Sep 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
I had someone follow me to work once, I was having an epically bad day and on the way to work some tool in an old Rover pulled out in front of me so I waved my arms around Steve styley, he followed me to work and winged at me in the car park

Hope you told him what for !

No I have literally had people follow me down the back roads, onto my road and once almost followed into my driveway.
Daveskater
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah I was in such a bad mood that I just said whatever and stormed off in a rush Afterwards I realised what I should have said

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always get people right up my arse so there cars straight with my wing mirrors so I can see all there car :S They get r8 up my arse,then back off and again,it does my heading r8 bad!!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
AlunJ

27th Sep 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They park their audi r8 up your arse?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sunday drivers 23 database queries in 0.0161779 seconds