corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone been Snowbombing?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone been Snowbombing?
kz

User status: Offline
26th Sep 10 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking to get it booked up next weekend

http://www.snowbombing.com

quote:
Snowbombing is a festival filled with fresh air, blue skies, black runs and white-hot parties… An exhilarating week-long whirlwind of brilliant bands and world class DJs in the chocolate box alpine setting of Mayrhofen, Austria. Always scaling new heights; we are ever-upping the alpine ante… And as we approach our twelfth annual event, Snowbombing is now regarded by many as, 'The Greatest Show on Snow'. A unique, mischievous celebration that everyone should experience.

Or in fact has anyone been snowboarding? I never have, though was a keen skateboarder back in the days, hope I pick it up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdCtIM7TIFY
djgritt
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 07:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been snowboarding, a few years back.

Spent near enough the whole week on my arse or my face where I couldn't stay upright

Was good fun though
kz

27th Sep 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been recommended to try dry slope first in England so I don't go the same way lol.
blacksheepdesigns
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

27th Sep 10 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've already booked 2011's, went 2 years ago, and some of my mates didn't even bother going snowboarding/skiiing the whole week, just went to see all the music and that
Brett
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
I've been recommended to try dry slope first in England so I don't go the same way lol.

Dry slopes are horrible. Nothing like the real thing IMO. If you're going to practice first, at least go to some kind of indoor snow dome.
RichR
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can get it on dry slopes, you'll get it on snow but to be hoenst I hate dry and indoor now because neither compares to a full day on the mountain boarding 20+ miles and having your legs fall off at the end of the day - the chill in the air, the sun beating down or out in a white out across cat tracks that you know have sheer drops either side fo you - its such a buzz!! This is my 5th season and my whole year is planned around it now

My mate's sister used to be one of the snowbombing organisers and I've always wanted to go, might do it next year
ed

27th Sep 10 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I go to MK every week

Are you seriously just going to go get a snowboard and think you will know how to do it? That's fucking retarded.
Jake

27th Sep 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mk is a nightmare, it takes 10times longer getting up the cunt than it does sliding down, even if you slide about on the rails
djgritt
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dry Slope is nothing like the real thing, you would get an ide of keeping yourself upright, but thats about it IMO

I just went, no fucking about beforehand - spent the week in Grindelwald, Switzerland and enjoyed it immensely.

Get on the board, have some falls - you pick it up over time
RichR
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
mk is a nightmare, it takes 10times longer getting up the cunt than it does sliding down, even if you slide about on the rails

This is what I hate about Chill FactorE - ages to get up; get to the top and whoosh you're at the bottom even playing on the box/rails/jumps, its still too short
ed

27th Sep 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to do racing on dry slope. Man that stuff hurts
RichR
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did a freestyle night a little while ago - I can vouch for Ed's statement
kz

27th Sep 10 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I go to MK every week

Are you seriously just going to go get a snowboard and think you will know how to do it? That's fucking retarded.

No I predict epic failness tbh.
ed

28th Sep 10 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A broken cocsyx is for life, not just Christmas.
kz

28th Sep 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First time my mate went he broke his hand on the first hour of the first day

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone been Snowbombing? 22 database queries in 0.0305872 seconds