corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2002 Vectra C, faulty electrics I think? Help its stressin me.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2002 Vectra C, faulty electrics I think? Help its stressin me.
Jay

User status: Offline
27th Sep 10 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When driving along it seems like all electrics cut out, Dials, Radio, lights jam on/as in they dont go off but you cant turn them off, but the car still runs and drives normally and you can press the power button on the radio and it will come back on, flick the ignition off and on and its fine again, had someone plug the diagnostics machine in and its coming up no faults at all but the management light still stays on... apart from that the cars sound, dont get it at all, anyone shed any light please, much appreciated...
Corsa_Sport21

27th Sep 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CIM module.
Jay

27th Sep 10 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done a google search, seems like a nightmare of a thing to go, is it defo that though?
Corsa_Sport21

27th Sep 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt say for definate but after a quick squint on google,it seems to be a common problem with the same symptoms that you are getting.
The CAN-BUS system in the Vectra C seems to be of much shite-ness.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Sep 10 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You see it on Astras as well, horn and steering wheel controls become inactive.

It's worth finding the box and re-seating the connector although I don't know where it is on them.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2002 Vectra C, faulty electrics I think? Help its stressin me. 22 database queries in 0.0096459 seconds