corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Following on from 3CM's lottery thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Following on from 3CM's lottery thread
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Oct 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scenario: you just found out you won the jackpot in lottery/EM/whatever.

Would you tell anyone that you won?

Would you tell Camelot not to make it public that you've won?
Ingham
Banned

1st Oct 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't tell a single person, would tell Camelot to keep it quiet too.

But I suppose you'd have to tell people at some point when you come out in a flashy car, flashy clothes and a flashy bitch on your arm.
Nath

1st Oct 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah probably.
adiohead

1st Oct 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would keep it secret and then become a tramp.
RichR
Premium Member

1st Oct 10 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't tell anyone; I'd wait till it was deposited in my account; pay my mortgage off and leave enough in my house account that the bills could just keep coming out DD then leave the country and live on an island off the coast of Croatia for a couple of months
C2RL R

1st Oct 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldn't say anything at first but everyone would find out eventually so wouldn't be bothered.
3CorsaMeal

1st Oct 10 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd tell someone like ojc and let him post pics of all the cars i buy on forums, that way him and me would get internet points, say +250 per pic

i would also get a triple garage built, paint the walls bright white and get a lino floor in it, probably chequered, people love that +1000points on the internet

people would find out imo, hard to keep £86m a secret, i'd 100% give some to charity and waste some proving points to people
Neo

1st Oct 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As C2RL, i'd say keep it quiet, wouldn't tell anyone but a few select individuals. Wouldn't get rid of my car, would live in my apartment for a few months while house was being built and sit on the money

People would clock on eventually, but no where near as many people as if your face ws published in the newspaper !
Dom

1st Oct 10 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I wouldn't tell anyone; I'd wait till it was deposited in my account; pay my mortgage off and leave enough in my house account that the bills could just keep coming out DD then leave the country and live on an island off the coast of Croatia for a couple of months

I'd do something similar, keep it quiet, give a few mil to immediate family and friends and then leg it to an island somewhere to disappear.

[Edited on 01-10-2010 by Dom]
MJFF88

1st Oct 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you fuck keep it quiet, any of you. The excitement would overrule you would tell literally everybody within a 100 mile radius. In an ideal world I'd keep it quiet mind (Just would not happen)
Ben D

1st Oct 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd definitely keep it quiet infact i would 't tell a sole as being where I'm from I'd probably get kidnapped or family member's held to ransom over it

I wish i was joking
Ben J

1st Oct 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I' tell Camelot to keep quiet.

If I found out before the wife i'd not tell her for a few days, and just rock up at her work with a new car for her.

I'd definatley give some to family, and best friends.

[Edited on 01-10-2010 by Ben J]
Nath

1st Oct 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although the temptation to turn up to work in an Enzo and act as if nothing was going on would be fun.
RichR
Premium Member

1st Oct 10 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88
Would you fuck keep it quiet, any of you. The excitement would overrule you would tell literally everybody within a 100 mile radius. In an ideal world I'd keep it quiet mind (Just would not happen)

I don't like people so wouldn't tell people as I still wouldn't like them - I can think of nothing better than disappearing off the face of the planet only to reappear at Snowboard season
Neo

1st Oct 10 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
I'd definitely keep it quiet infact i would 't tell a sole as being where I'm from I'd probably get kidnapped or family member's held to ransom over it

I wish i was joking

Thats it exactly. Or you'd have everyone come out the woodwork asking for money, charities and people calling you asking for money, you'd never be able to get away from it.

Keeping Schtum is the way forward !
Ben J

1st Oct 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Although the temptation to turn up to work in an Enzo and act as if nothing was going on would be fun.

This.
Nath

1st Oct 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:

I wish i was joking

Thats it exactly. Or you'd have everyone come out the woodwork asking for money, charities and people calling you asking for money, you'd never be able to get away from it.

I'd be interested to know if this sort of stuff actually happens. I'd be fearful it would, but I wonder if it really does.
Ben D

1st Oct 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:

I wish i was joking

I'd be interested to know if this sort of stuff actually happens. I'd be fearful it would, but I wonder if it really does.

Happen's very regularly to people who don't earn their money legitimately for the most part Nath as they are not in a position to call the authority's
Neo

1st Oct 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember reading soemthing in the paper a few years back about how the lottery had destroyed people. People beggin for money every time they saw them, couldn't go shopping or to a restaurant, had cars smashed up and threats, had to relocate etc etc

Thats enough to scare myself into not telling anyone else, having a house built and moving in might seem odd, but if its in a good area then people will assume your well off. Having a few nice cars on the driveway doesnt mean you are a multimillionaire etc Done slowly it can be sly.
mwg

1st Oct 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't give a shit. I'd let the press find out etc. going to be kind of obvious I've come in to money when I nip out to the shop for some milk in a Bugatti Veyron.
Hammer

1st Oct 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd tell everyone and I'd be in the papers naked with a bottle of champagne, it's my lifes ambition.
Nath

1st Oct 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Happen's very regularly to people who don't earn their money legitimately for the most part Nath as they are not in a position to call the authority's

I'd like to read an interview with a Lotto winner though to see what the deal is.
Sam
Premium Member

1st Oct 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I'd like to read an interview with a Lotto winner though to see what the deal is.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1018730/Chav-Lotto-millionaire-Michael-Carroll-ordered-clean-wrecked-320-000-mansion--rent-immigrants.html

There isn't much legitimate about this "man"...

[Edited on 01-10-2010 by Sam]
Nath

1st Oct 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
quote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1018730/Chav-Lotto-millionaire-Michael-Carroll-ordered-clean-wrecked-320-000-mansion--rent-immigrants.html

There isn't much legitimate about this "man"...

[Edited on 01-10-2010 by Sam]

That guy is a cunt though. I mean a normal couple or family or something.
Seany

1st Oct 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would deff keep it quiet, tell nobody until the money was safe in the bank.
then id get a rent somewhere really nice and decide how much my family and friends would get. only then would they know when i rock up to their doors in my new car and hand them a cheque. i deff wouldnt be in the papers though, camelot better keep their mouths shut when i win tonight

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Following on from 3CM's lottery thread 22 database queries in 0.0109751 seconds