corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Mobile phone geeks in here please...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mobile phone geeks in here please...
moka

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 10 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate has a Google G1 phone that he wants to sell and i might buy it, i just want to clear up a few things.

The phone is locked to t-mobile, i have an o2 pay as you go sim - can i give t-mobile a ring and have them unlock it then use my o2 sim?

If i did that will everything work as it should?

He told me that the phone needs an internet connection and stays connected 24/7... Is this true? Obviously if it does i prob wont be able to use it due to it using up all the credit. The only other thing i thought of doing is getting an internet bolt on thing....

help!

[Edited on 03-10-2010 by moka]
Ste M

3rd Oct 10 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ring O2. Grill them about smart phones being constantly being connected to the Internet.

I think any competant phone shop could unlock/debrand the bugger. Think it's the same as cellular phones, I may be wrong though.
Jambo

4th Oct 10 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will be able to turn the constant connectivity off to only use it when you need it. Plus there's pay and go tariffs on o2 that jab data included now iirc.

As for unlocking you can do it online and will cost £10 or thereabouts.

No point going to a phone shop as they won't be able to help you
Dom

4th Oct 10 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can switch Data off within Android (and use WiFi instead etc) but i would seriously look at GiffGaff - they use the O2 network and it works like PAYG, but for £10 you get unlimited text, unlimited data (no FUP what so ever) and 150mins.

And you can get unlock codes for the HTC Dream (actual name) for around $8 on ebay.

Loads of info over on xd-dev - http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=446

New Poll