corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why is customer service so shit these days?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Why is customer service so shit these days?
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Oct 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Literally one month ago I took my wife's watch to a local jewellery shop for it to be repaired under warranty as the strap links broke on it (I bought the watch for her for Christmas).

Simple thing to sort you may say? Of course not!

The shop are a bunch of fucking useless country bumpkins, really boils my piss!

- shop sends off the watch to the manufacturer on the 06/09
- manufacturer apparently changed the battery instead of fitting new links
- shop received watch from manufacturer on the 17/09 but was gathering dust for about 2 weeks because "we thought it was an Internet order so we put it in the wrong pigeon hole in the mail room, our mistake"
- shop sends back the watch to the manufacturer on the 01/10

The shop was supposed to phone me on Monday after checking with the manufacturer to confirm that they received it (no phone call received) so I phoned the idiots up just now and got arsey on the phone with them - fed up of being fobbed off/hearing bullshit excuses etc.

They then go to me "would you like their number to speak to them directly?" I was like WTF I bought the watch from you, you are supposed to do the chasing not me!

I only went to these lot because I thought it better to support a local business (and I might receive good customer service unlike from other "chains" - wish I didn't bother now)!

Rant over
Ojc

6th Oct 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because nobody can be arsed to take responsibility anymore
DaveyLC

6th Oct 10 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know nothing of bad customer services.. I'm currently battleing with the worst company for Customer Services in the UNIVERSE.. Virgin fucking Media.

BUNCH OF CUNTS.
Ingham
Banned

6th Oct 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because you usually get dealt with by some foreign prick/bitch that doesn't understand a word you say and just wants to sell you faster megabytingz.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

6th Oct 10 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
You know nothing of bad customer services.. I'm currently battleing with the worst company for Customer Services in the UNIVERSE.. Virgin fucking Media.

BUNCH OF CUNTS.

Indeed, totally useless people. Cheap services, but don't ever try to change anything!

I tried to cancel my account when I changed house (after the minimum 12 months was up). I never did receive a letter to state the account was closed, just letter after letter asking for money. I eventually just stopped the DD.

They told me that they would take a full months payment, even though I only owed them for 3 days, then I'd have to ring them to ask for a refund and they'd send out a cheque within 28 days...

My girlfriend also changed over her account when she moved address about a year ago, so they de-activated the old connection and sorted out the one at the new house so it worked within 2 hours - all good, so I thought.

When she then rang up to cancel her contract when she was moving in with me (about 14 months after the initial contract, and 9 months after she had last moved), she was told she had started a new contract when she moved.

Nobody mentioned that when she changed address, and there was nothing in the T&Cs stating that would happen. After lots of arguing, they eventually said they'd waiver the remaining fees on the contract, including the 3 months left to pay. Waiver?! They cocked up in the first place! I couldn't be bothered to argue any more though, we'd got our way so fine.

Sorry, little rant for the day there
dannymccann

6th Oct 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:

BUNCH OF CUNTS.

Indeed, totally useless people. Cheap services, but don't ever try to change anything!

I tried to cancel my account when I changed house (after the minimum 12 months was up). I never did receive a letter to state the account was closed, just letter after letter asking for money. I eventually just stopped the DD.

They told me that they would take a full months payment, even though I only owed them for 3 days, then I'd have to ring them to ask for a refund and they'd send out a cheque within 28 days...

My girlfriend also changed over her account when she moved address about a year ago, so they de-activated the old connection and sorted out the one at the new house so it worked within 2 hours - all good, so I thought.

When she then rang up to cancel her contract when she was moving in with me (about 14 months after the initial contract, and 9 months after she had last moved), she was told she had started a new contract when she moved.

Nobody mentioned that when she changed address, and there was nothing in the T&Cs stating that would happen. After lots of arguing, they eventually said they'd waiver the remaining fees on the contract, including the 3 months left to pay. Waiver?! They cocked up in the first place! I couldn't be bothered to argue any more though, we'd got our way so fine.

Same story with BT, same story with Sky, same story with pretty much any company that provides these sort of services. Fucks me off to the extreme, all of them
Twiggy

6th Oct 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talk Talk

I feel sorry somethings for the reps on the phone that take the battering.

I just demand english now!
MJFF88

6th Oct 10 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Q. Why is customer service so shit these days?

A. Because 95% of customers are so up their own arse they think they know everything, then when you do meet one of the 5% that aren't the above, your in a bad as fuck mood & can't even be bothered to be pleasant to the person.

P.S. I havn't read the thread
P.P.S I hate customers
Bonney

6th Oct 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the same today.

Went into Halfords today to change a torx bit i snapped (One if the halfords professional ones). Went in and asked the lad if he could change it to which he replied "Have you got a receipt". Told him i hadn't and that i have never had a problem changing broken bits before. He then started to go all robotic on me and all he could say was "I'm not doing it, you don't have a receipt" (Even though i have been into the same shop countless times before and never had a problem). He then snapped out saying there is a sign up on the display saying a receipt is needed to exchange broken parts, Which is as big as a business card right at the bottom of the display. Wasn't told this when i had got the bits, It's just appeared in the last few days.

Luckily I had a receipt lying around for them, Went back and went to a clueless girl on the till who couldn't tell her arse from her elbow and asked her, To which she replied "What do you want me to do then"

She then got the same lad who greeted me with "You again" to which I shown him the receipt and then he walked up to the display as slow as he could and took an age looking for the bit i needed then handed it to me.

sand-eel

6th Oct 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've actually never ever had a problem getting returns from a SHOP ever!!!
ssj_kakarot

6th Oct 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because people who work in customer services get paid minimum wage usually, thats why.

oceansoul

6th Oct 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
She then got the same lad who greeted me with "You again" to which I shown him the receipt and then he walked up to the display as slow as he could and took an age looking for the bit i needed then handed it to me.

I would have taken the guys name and reported him to head office or what ever. Thats no way to greet customers in a store. If you had the option, i'd say take your business else where (which i guess you cant, needed a replacement bit).
AlunJ

7th Oct 10 at 02:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
because people who work in customer services get paid minimum wage usually, thats why.

Quite right!
Generally I'm good, although if you talk to me like shit you get it back, simple. I don't see why someone should be able to talk to me like shit and I have to me all yes sir three bags full sir. Treat people as you wish to be treated. I've just kicked someone out now for swearing at me... didn't learn when to shut up... out you go then. He could have stuck around had he not been a grade a drunken twat.
I rarely have any issues with customer service personally... I really do believe most of the time the secret is in how you talk to people.

[Edited on 07-10-2010 by AlunJ]
GF-91
Banned

7th Oct 10 at 06:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dr.Pepper won a customer service award not so long ago, maybe you should talk to him and discuss how companies could be better at customer services?
DaveyLC

7th Oct 10 at 06:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
quote:
quote:

BUNCH OF CUNTS.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=114590968600251
dannymccann

7th Oct 10 at 06:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
Had the same today.

Went into Halfords today to change a torx bit i snapped (One if the halfords professional ones). Went in and asked the lad if he could change it to which he replied "Have you got a receipt". Told him i hadn't and that i have never had a problem changing broken bits before. He then started to go all robotic on me and all he could say was "I'm not doing it, you don't have a receipt" (Even though i have been into the same shop countless times before and never had a problem).

You should really have expected to present the receipt in all fairness
taylorboosh

7th Oct 10 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

BUNCH OF CUNTS.

Same story with BT, same story with Sky, same story with pretty much any company that provides these sort of services. Fucks me off to the extreme, all of them

contract is a contract, would you try and get out of finance early? i bet they did say it would mean a re-contract on the phone but you just probably werent listening like most customers
stubs

7th Oct 10 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88
Q. Why is customer service so shit these days?

A. Because 95% of customers are so up their own arse they think they know everything, then when you do meet one of the 5% that aren't the above, your in a bad as fuck mood & can't even be bothered to be pleasant to the person.

P.S. I havn't read the thread
P.P.S I hate customers

Pft! Typical sort of reply from someone who deals with customers... quick to blame the customer before even reading into the situation.

I conclude that perhaps you have to be a cunt to be offered a job in this area?
whitter45

7th Oct 10 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Because nobody can be arsed to take responsibility anymore
dan_m1les

7th Oct 10 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot

I work in customer service, no where near the bottom of the barrel though and earn a nice wage thank you very much.

I know what you mean though, a lot of our suppliers are a pain in the arse to deal with as they just simply don't care and have no interest with their job!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
quote:
quote:
quote:

BUNCH OF CUNTS.

contract is a contract, would you try and get out of finance early? i bet they did say it would mean a re-contract on the phone but you just probably werent listening like most customers

Who was that aimed at? Me?
Jambo

7th Oct 10 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by

Quite right!
Generally I'm good, although if you talk to me like shit you get it back, simple. I don't see why someone should be able to talk to me like shit and I have to me all yes sir three bags full sir. Treat people as you wish to be treated. I've just kicked someone out now for swearing at me... didn't learn when to shut up... out you go then. He could have stuck around had he not been a grade a drunken twat.
I rarely have any issues with customer service personally... I really do believe most of the time the secret is in how you talk to people.

[Edited on 07-10-2010 by AlunJ]

This.

It's about approach and attitude. If your nice to me I will do everything I physically can to help you. Be rude dismissive or a cunt and I will do everything not to help you.

I'm also in customer service/sales customer facing.

Most of you who haven't been on this side are always quick to put people down who are trying to do their job to help you. Obviously as with every job field there will be idiots and morons who are t helpful. But that has nothing to do with cs.

Also you may want to blame modern western civilisation to. My business was a customer service focused operation, then the fat cats took over and now if it doesn't make them money they couldn't give a fuck.
AndyKent

7th Oct 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, it goes both ways. Some teenagers in shops are tossers just because they are tossers all the time. Other people will help you if you sound like you should be helped. Barking at someone down the phone or face to face in a shop does you no favours at all.

On a positive note, First Direct customer service is ALWAYS amazingly good.
Nath

7th Oct 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What AlunJ, Jambo, and Andy said.
shaunmods
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Customer service is shit because people think they can speak to you like dirt and still get your help

I've got all the time in the world for polite customers. As soon as people start being rude/abusive I can't be arsed to help.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why is customer service so shit these days? 22 database queries in 0.1695571 seconds