corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay, where do I stand?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ebay, where do I stand?
spikedjack

User status: Offline
17th Oct 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last week i placed a phone i now have no use for (due to upgrade on ebay).

The phone is an apple iPhone 3g 8gb and is in decent condtion currently fetching around £150 on ebay.

However ebay have dropped a clanger and listed it as a 3gS 8gb which is the next model up.

I noticed this straight away and although i had put it was a 3g in the description, thought it best to contact ebay for a title change. I since have done this twice and have not had the title changed, so after the second time of it not being changed, i again ammended the description to confirm in a seperate sentence that it is indeed a 3g.

Now looking at the listing it has 5 hours left and is already upto 142 quid. If this goes for what i want it to or possibly even more, and the person was to think it was a 3gS am i in the wrong or could there be any comeback to me?

im on the understanding that if they havent read the description before spunking 150 quid on a phone then tough shit however if it could cause problems with me recieving the cash or what not then i'd rather cancel it.

thoughts?

thanks.
Ben G

17th Oct 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just put a disclamer on the description in capitals stating ebay have messed up the title and you are not in any way responsible if people buy it thinking it's a 3gs.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
17th Oct 10 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Technically its listed incorrectly but it depends whether the buyer -

1. notices
2. is bothered
3. negotiates
spikedjack

17th Oct 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben i have added an ammendment as soon as i noticed ebay were'nt doing anything about it.

Ian, i presumed this would be the case, however im hoping people aren't stupid enough to bid without reading the description.
spikedjack

17th Oct 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

link to the auction
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
17th Oct 10 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spikedjack
im hoping people aren't stupid
There's your problem right there.
spikedjack

17th Oct 10 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by spikedjack
im hoping people aren't stupid
There's your problem right there.

I'm hoping also that if it goes tits up that ebay can see it was a genuine mistake and i have tried to recify the problem
Brett
Premium Member

17th Oct 10 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't understand how it's ebay's fault.
spikedjack

17th Oct 10 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I typed in 3g 8gb, and it automatically linked it to the 3gs 8gb, which coinsidentally has not long been released due to them only making a 16gb and 32gb prior to this.
Brett
Premium Member

17th Oct 10 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, just tried making an ad for one myself and I didn't get any problems anyway.
spikedjack

17th Oct 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Understandable, the issue being, i've tried to change it, twice at that, and ebay havent bothered to do so.
Sam
Premium Member

17th Oct 10 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't change the title once you've listed the auction.

The only thing you can do is cancel the auction and do a new one with the correct listing.

eBay won't change the auction title.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay, where do I stand? 22 database queries in 0.1427391 seconds