corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clean up Corsa Sport?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clean up Corsa Sport?
dangermouse2503

User status: Offline
26th Oct 10 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before we start, I am no way undermining the efforts of the site moderators and administrators as for what you do to keep the site going is a task I wouldnt like to have.

I also know that I'm going to bear the wrath of others but what this is intended to do is make the site a better place, more pleasant and a bit more grown up.

Since I joined and through 12 months of premium membership I have watched from the shadows so to speak at the way people conduct themselves on Corsa Sport.

Certain aspects have put me off renewing my membership and I think some suggestions may help in preventing people being deterred like myself from renewing or joining.

Speaking to fellow enthusiasts, there seems to quite a high presence of text talk in forums. Now I know not everyone is as educated as others, not to say that I'm calling people or ridiculing those who have a disadvantage but please, is it to much to ask people just to make that bit more effort to type sensibly and in the queens English?
I know text talk is quick and easier for some but it appears to myself and others that its 'kids at play' antics.
I've noticed on numerous threads Ian asking members to drop the text talk and conduct your replies properly. Lets do just that and raise the standard.
I understand many people use the internet option on there phone to acess the site but even so, leave the text talk in text messages.

Another regular issue is the dispute forum. It seems every other day, members are being duped by scammers and con artists. I know we are all in the market for a bargain and finding that rare part or urgent piece to complete our projects and improve our cars but 'look before you leap'.

I've seen people continue to trade with users that are 'under investigation - do not trade'. The administrators put that title on for a reason but some people seem oblivious to it and continue to fuel these thieve's urge to take our money without regret or reprisal.

Lets stamp the scammers out! There can be 'no smoke without fire' so to speak.

If you find something in the classifieds, take a little time to view the disputes section and see if they appear to have traded unfairly. It only takes 5minutes compared to the time it takes to get your money back.
Maybe, as a suggestion, we could start a league table of members that have scammed and conned good honest folk out of there hard earned money.

Have the members name and next to it the number of disputes that have been lodged against them as a quick referrral before you trade with others.
I understand that not every sale goes smoothly and that not everything is black and white.
Use a sensible payment method like Paypal where protection is there incase the sale goes wrong.

It only takes a minute to stop and think and use common sense.

I must say that the dispute section does work well though and the liars and con artists do get found out. But lets raise the bar and reduce the number of disputes.

I am sure the site administrators and moderators would be much rather spending there time making the site better, improving the facilitys instead of sorting people's petty squabbles and complaints.

Would it be a good suggestion to put a set of rules in place for people to follow when buying something from the classifieds?

I know it will be hard to cover all bases and the scammers will try and find loopholes but if buyers and sellers have rules to abide by, then I'm sure those that dont want to follow the rules will soon find no-one wanting to trade with them and disappear to another club or forum to try there chances there.

It sounds unfair to say that but I believe its this site that we need to concentrate on and improve the standard of.

Also, is it to much to ask people to kerb the bad language?
I'm not saying I'm an angel but there is a time and place for it and this is a forum for cars and ther owners, NOT a site to see who can come up with the most colourful insults and swear words that would make a tourette's sufferer proud

I havent heard of any cases of people being diagnosed with tourette's in there hands so lets drop the swearing.

Please dont view the above as opinion. Its merely suggestion to trying to make the site a better, more mature place to be for members.

Obviously people will have their opinions, their criticisms and hopefully some additional suggestions that they may feel would improve the enviroment on here.

So lets have it, what do you want from Corsa Sport?
Ojc

User status: Online
26th Oct 10 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers.
Robin
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there should be a cap on characters per post
daymoon
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I think there should be a cap on characters per post

true. stopped reading after two lines
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dangermouse2503
I've noticed on numerous threads Ian asking members to drop the text talk and conduct your replies properly. Lets do just that and raise the standard.

Most do type properly, and it's not something that Ian can do anything about. What do you suggest, he bans everyone who spells incorrectly?

quote:
Another regular issue is the dispute forum. It seems every other day, members are being duped by scammers and con artists. I know we are all in the market for a bargain and finding that rare part or urgent piece to complete our projects and improve our cars but 'look before you leap'.

I've seen people continue to trade with users that are 'under investigation - do not trade'. The administrators put that title on for a reason but some people seem oblivious to it and continue to fuel these thieve's urge to take our money without regret or reprisal.

Again, what more can Ian or the rest of the team do? Unless it's been proven (with Police involvement, I'd suggest), then they shouldn't be banned - after all, that makes it even more difficult for the buyers to contact them.

quote:
Would it be a good suggestion to put a set of rules in place for people to follow when buying something from the classifieds?

So, you've been here over a year, and still haven't found these?

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=303515

They are in the 'Classifieds' forum, and also in that link in the top right of the screen, called 'Rules'. Quite apt, I think.

quote:

People to make shorter posts tbh.
sc0ott

26th Oct 10 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What youre saying is almost identical to the whole police making the streets a safer place, less under age binge drinking etc.

No matter what you do, it will never change.
AlexW

26th Oct 10 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol Its the internet, get over it?
ste_p23

26th Oct 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it aint broke dont fix it
A2H GO

26th Oct 10 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good Post.

Already people are critising points from your post but then would you expect any better from CS.

This is valuable feedback from a fairly recent member, not someone who has been on here 10 years and likes the site because they can come on and talk about wanking into a sock. No wonder the sites not growing.
Conway563

26th Oct 10 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom's summed it up perfectly TBH
Ojc

26th Oct 10 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never wanked into a sock mate.
Jambo

26th Oct 10 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Freedom of fucking speech for the funding win IMHO TBH TB
ste_p23

26th Oct 10 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Not even steve's socks?
Ojc

26th Oct 10 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na mate, his mums.
random dav
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

do you have a studio to wank in?

WRLFC !

Project cars
ste_p23

26th Oct 10 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Na mate, his mums.

Did he go mad and wave his arms out?
Twiggy

26th Oct 10 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wel datz 3minz i wnt gt bk in it bruv!
mart08uk

26th Oct 10 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by random dav
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

do you have a studio to wank in?

Workshop.
ssj_kakarot

26th Oct 10 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

er most the stuff you posted already happens any way.

text talk is banned and if any one types like there illiterate they get relentlessly insulted till they go away any way.

scammers, well i just dont use the site to sell or buy any more.

swearing well it swear in real life so i might aswell on the internet.
dangermouse2503

26th Oct 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:

Most do type properly, and it's not something that Ian can do anything about. What do you suggest, he bans everyone who spells incorrectly?

If you read my post again, I'm not saying ban people, just from what I've seen and others have said that its annoying and ends up people losing interests in threads because of text talk i.e Takes to long to try and decipher someones abreviations.

quote:

Again, what more can Ian or the rest of the team do? Unless it's been proven (with Police involvement, I'd suggest), then they shouldn't be banned - after all, that makes it even more difficult for the buyers to contact them.

quote:

So, you've been here over a year, and still haven't found these?

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=303515

They are in the 'Classifieds' forum, and also in that link in the top right of the screen, called 'Rules'. Quite apt, I think.

Yes I agree thay are quite apt. I havent traded as such through the classifieds but if they are so apt, why are there persistantly more and more disputes arising?

quote:

People to make shorter posts tbh.

I understand your criticisms and you have put them constructively but its the view of many that this is something that needs addressing
connollygt30

26th Oct 10 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a life pal!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are more and more disputes arising as people don't use the rules, or their common sense.

I have dealt with 4 buyers in the last 3 months (when I was selling items) - not one of them asked me for a phone number, or an address. All they wanted was my paypal email address.

Then they wonder why problems occur. The main problems come from a lack of communication in sales. If they had more contact details, they'd be fine!

I hasten to add that there were no problems with any of the sales I made, as I'm a decent seller and not out to scam anybody, but if I had been, they'd all made it oh so easy for me to have £500 off them.
nathy_87

26th Oct 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

12 pages by 7pm.
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

99% of the people on here type properly, if they don't they get told and either go in to a huge rage about how shit the site is and we never see them again or they type so we can all understand it. This has always been a rule on here that you must type properly, it's not our fault that users dont read the site rules before they post or that they are too stupid to write normally.

It would be impossible for Ian or who ever to go round the site and edit posts so people understand them better or to simply moan at people who do speak like a tard.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=189326

Scammers, well, what can we do to stop you fuckers parting with your hard earned?

we added a 30 day minimum and 50 post cap on people posting in classifieds, this means johnnyconcrete cant sign up and sell some speedlines for £17 then John from scunthorpe wonders why 6 weeks later he still hasnt receved his wheels, the scamming has been reduced dramatically since this was brought in.

Adding the red message to users names simply makes others aware that they are cunts, we cant stop people from trading with these people, how can we possible stop others from still sending their cash even if they have seen the red message? People are old and ugly enough to make up their own minds, and still do so. Ian can't ban the users under investigation as it eliminates a method of communication with that person.

We have actually figured out a number of scammers under new usernames before they have even got a chance to post a new classifieds advert, we're just too cool like that

The site is fine imo, relaxed, plenty of posts, a good familiar community and a very easy site to use. It could be far worse.
Walshyposse

26th Oct 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with dangemouse.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clean up Corsa Sport? 23 database queries in 0.0158181 seconds