corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cold start on c20let issues.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cold start on c20let issues.
lavish

User status: Offline
8th Nov 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm having some trouble turning engine over on cold starts. I have to keep throttle pressed to keep rev's up to bipass cough and spluttering, then car will eventually idle, and then when engine is warmed up can drive off. Originally thought this could be down to EGR valve, but my engine doesn't have one.

Have ordered original spark plugs for the calibra as apparently the current ones are cosworth or something or other. Could this be the problem in turning her over? It's like it isn't firing properly on turn over.

Engine is also chipped to 260 bhp, could the ecu be causing problems here?

Looking to call out a mobile diagnostics car tuner this week, just waiting to see if the major service on the car at local garage fixes the cold start issues first.

Other than the cold start issue, seems to be sound.

New Poll