corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » You heard it here first

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author You heard it here first
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
10th Nov 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Person I was at uni with now works in the sports department of a large uk red top ..... she was chatting to another mate - who I trust ... and over a couple of drinks she let spill a couple of things......

1 - One of the sunday papers is about to release a story on the world cup bidding process that will see criminal charges put to several leading fifa employees - she also thought our bid was dead in the water....the infomation was being fed to the press by the F.A as they feared unless it was made public the bribes going on internally would mean England missed out.

2 - There are currently 8 gagging orders in place over the private life of steven gerrard .... one of which involving his wife and a member of the liverpool underworld(which I have read about before on the net) is on the verge of being overturned by a judge and could be printed in early december.

3 - The most interesting one ..... 4 seperate papers are sat on stories involving Harry Redknapp, one of the papers has audio clips and witness statements which are apparently very incriminating .... they are all waiting for him to be given the England job before releasing these stories for maximum impact.

4 - Didier Drogba will retire from football at the end of the season(no explanation for the reason .... chelsea will buy torres in january.

The world cup one seems plausable, gerrard definately has something going on behind the scenes but I dont think its as dramatic as people are making out.

On the redknapp one .... Im not sure its legal for a paper to hold onto infomation in respect to a possible crime so they can make maximum impact with it - so I think that is probably rubbish ... the paper would have to prove it was new evidence, and that they hadnt been sitting on it or surely they could be done for not reporting a crime, or withholding evidence?

thought I would post them up though just incase they are true, I believe my mate when he says she told him this and was being serious - im not sure I belive her though .... she is well in the loop in her job so you never know
Cosmo

10th Nov 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Their are a load of stories on Gerrard tbh, some probably with some truth in them. A lot are pure BS though.

The Harry one you;re right about. If papers had proof of something illegal then they couldnt hold on to it.
Russ

10th Nov 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. England will not win the bid over Russia

2. been going on for years this story

3. Papers arent that clever, if they had it they'd print it.

4. Horses are shot, not retired
Cavey

10th Nov 10 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The world cup one was pretty much on talksport yesterday.

and Russ is correct, Fifa would prefer to give it to a "developing football nation" like Russia rather than have it in England.

The talksport guys were arguing over whether we should boycott the 2014 world cup should Russia get the bid over ours, as it's being done on purely political reasons not football.
Russ

10th Nov 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boycott it? why so theres less talented players at the tournament. behave.
Cavey

10th Nov 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of them was suggesting that if we boycott the 2014 and 2018 cups that it would show fifa how annoyed we are if Russia get the 2018 one.

Some shit like that anyway, he was essentially saying that England should just disband the football team as the world cup means nothing any more anyway.

tbf, he also suggested that all the snakes and spiders would leave the amazon to attack people when Brazil gets the cup
Dr Pepper

10th Nov 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
1. England will not win the bid over Russia

2. been going on for years this story

3. Papers arent that clever, if they had it they'd print it.

4. Horses are shot, not retired

I agree apart from number 3 --- papers do sit on stories for some time to maximise the impact ...but not if it involves a criminal act.... It would be a big story if true now.... if it was about the englland manager though it would be a shit storm
Hammer

10th Nov 10 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tabloids don't sit on any stories of note, they'll hold them back for a day at absolute most to ensure they are the ones with the exclusive.

Didier Drogba won't be retiring at the end of the season either.
Nath

10th Nov 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Russia would do well to get the WC considering they are fucking up the Winter Olympics.
corsa_godfather

10th Nov 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you will score 0 out of 4 with those statements lol .
mwg

10th Nov 10 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this going to be as accurate as your statement that England would easily win the world cup
Dr Pepper

11th Nov 10 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Is this going to be as accurate as your statement that England would easily win the world cup

Well its not my statement for a start .... and England have the next world cup in the bag imo
mwg

11th Nov 10 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FLOL you said that about this World Cup

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » You heard it here first 23 database queries in 0.0093460 seconds