corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Abu Dhabi - F1

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Abu Dhabi - F1
Whittie

User status: Offline
12th Nov 10 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's raining there Should make it interesting.

Race predictions?

[Edited on 12-11-2010 by Whittie]
Aaron

12th Nov 10 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The race is in Abu Dhabi isnt it?
Whittie

12th Nov 10 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
The race is in Abu Dhabi isnt it?

Yeah, only down the road Was reading this when I did the post tbf - http://twitter.com/NicoleScherzy

Lewis Hamilton now has twitter

Edit: http://twitter.com/IamLewis4Real

[Edited on 12-11-2010 by Whittie]
Aaron

12th Nov 10 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really want Webber to win. Too close to call really. I hope Vettel helps Webber out.
Nath

12th Nov 10 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone but Alonso.
Rick Draper

12th Nov 10 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone but Red Bull.
Conway563

12th Nov 10 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Anyone but Alonso.
Ben J

12th Nov 10 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Anyone but Alonso.

Tommy L

12th Nov 10 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either Webber or Hamilton. Def don't want Vettel do win
AndyKent

12th Nov 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly don't care who wins.

I like Webber as a person, but Vettel is the better driver of the two.........but I don't really like Vettel.

Alonso has definately been on form lately but won't be a good champion. Lewis would have been my preferred winner, but it's as good as impossible for him.
Jamie Walby

12th Nov 10 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vettel has more time to win titles, Webber is runnin out of time. I never liked Webber until he won at Silverstone?? and came out with his 'not bad for a number 2 driver' comment.
Kerry

12th Nov 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im having to live up to the fact its either gonna a redbull who i dont like or alonso who i dont like. so out the 3 im backing webber as he is the least arrogant

gonna be a good race though!

oh and anyone interested on stats for who needs to do what this is good to read

http://www.f1badger.com/2010/11/how-your-man-can-win-the-title/
Tom

12th Nov 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope button takes alonso out on the first corner, the two red bulls take eachother out on the 1st corner and hamilton wins
noshua

12th Nov 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Webber most definitely, Vettel next year.
JonnyJ

12th Nov 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I hope button takes alonso out on the first corner, the two red bulls take eachother out on the 1st corner and hamilton wins

That would be the dream I still think they should use Button as a battering ram at the first corner but the shit bastard probably couldnt even qualify high enough to get anywhere near the top 3.

Seeing as Lewis is all but out I'll be cheering on Webber. Hate Alonso and hate Red Bull and they clearly wanted Vettel to win it so it would shove it in their face a bit too.

Fancy him to do it too. Chances are it will be a RB 1-2 in Quali so as long as they get a good start they should pull away from the dirty spic and Vettel will probs have to let Mark through near the end.
Jamie-C

12th Nov 10 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

This would be ace , I'm still backing although his chances are very very slim but its not impossible.

Who do I think is going to do it though? Probably Alonso but I hope he doesn't

If the redbulls run away at the start of the race it'll be quite a boring race tbh. A wet race could be interesting if it was to happen
Dom

12th Nov 10 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

That would be the dream I still think they should use Button as a battering ram at the first corner but the shit bastard probably couldnt even qualify high enough to get anywhere near the top 3.

Seeing as Lewis is all but out I'll be cheering on Webber. Hate Alonso and hate Red Bull and they clearly wanted Vettel to win it so it would shove it in their face a bit too.

Fancy him to do it too. Chances are it will be a RB 1-2 in Quali so as long as they get a good start they should pull away from the dirty spic and Vettel will probs have to let Mark through near the end.

I think his WDC states otherwise

Hoping Webber gets it as he won't be in the sport much longer but i think it's a very slim chance considering RBR (read Dietrich Mateschitz) want Vettel to win the title. It wouldn't surprise me if Webber has a 'mechanical' failure (or tell him his engine is overheating and to change maps) in the last few laps that hands first place to Vettel.

Hamilton has got a chance to be honest, Ferrari and RBR are better suited to track and even if it pours it down it'll still require the top 3 to fall off the track which is highly unlikely. Nevermind

Hopefully the dago won't get the title though
Ryan

12th Nov 10 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant stand Alonso, Vettel or Hamilton so i hope Webber wins, would of liked Button to still be in there.
JonnyJ

13th Nov 10 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

I think his WDC states otherwise

When he was in a FAR superior car to the rest of the field for half of the season, when the others caught up he very nearly threw it away. He got lucky that season, he wont win another title in the rest of his career unless he strikes it lucky with another Brawn type moment. He isn't quick enough. He was appalling in Korea and his Quali in Brazil was embarrassing.

Lewis would have smashed him in this years WDC if he hadnt got unlucky in several races like Italy and Singapore. The contact against Massa was his fault but the fact it was so little yet caused him to retire was unlucky, especially when you compare it to some coming togethers this year where drivers have got away with it (Webber somehow able to carry on after his smash with Vettel in Turkey) Lewis rubs Massa's tyre and his steering falls apart

Theres better drivers in the sport who are better than Button that have finished lower down in the WDC this season. Kubica and Rosberg to name a few.
Jamie Walby

13th Nov 10 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He got lucky? he tied the championship up with a fantastic drive in Brazil with a race to spare. He consistently beat his team mate over the season and its not his fault he got given a good car. I would argue a certain Mr Schumacher won all his titles in a superior car........

And there is no way you can claim Hamilton was unlucky in Singapore!! He tried to rush a move round the outside where he would have been better off waiting for a better moment to pass.

Just so you know I love both drivers, support the brits etc, but I just disagree with a couple of your points Jonny.
JonnyJ

13th Nov 10 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He got lucky in the fact he had a far superior car for the first half of the season, no one could touch it and it meant he could stroll to 6 wins out of the first 7 races. He had a massive headstart and when the cars caught up he didnt win 1 single race out of 10 . Also his team mate was Barrichello, hardly the type of formidable team mate who would challenge you for the title, he showed that at Ferrari, which as you rightly put was a far superior car to the rest of the field.

I just dont buy that Button is in the World Class catergory. Put the top 5 drivers in the same car this year and i reckon he would get beat by all 4 of them.
JonnyJ

13th Nov 10 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and I'll give you that drive in Brazil, that is the only time i have ever been impressed by him. Other than that, nah.
Tommy L

13th Nov 10 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to agree with Jonny. There is no doubt button is a good driver, you can't just have a decent car and not be a good driver.

But at least 3 of the 4 guys are a step above him
noshua

13th Nov 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.39:874 Vettel

Button is driving amazing, especially compared to his last few races
Tommy L

13th Nov 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Epic final Q3. Hamilton so close to Vettel. Webber 5th

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Abu Dhabi - F1 23 database queries in 0.0158339 seconds