corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Well Vauxhall are a rip off!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Well Vauxhall are a rip off!
Norcy91

User status: Offline
   12th Nov 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been in to get a quote on 3 tiny parts of my gear linkage that i need to replace soon, i need two of each bit which comes to about £20 inc VAT. The then decided to tell me that they have to order them in bags of 10, and because they won't be able to shift the parts due to them being for an old Corsa, i'd have to buy the lot! £108.34!! I think not

Surely they wouldn't actually tell a customer they'd have to buy 10 of each parts they need just because they don't want to keep them in stock at their parts department
Kurt

12th Nov 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately yes that's how it works

Why should I order a bag of ten parts to sell you one and keep 9 on my shelf forever more?
Steve
Premium Member

12th Nov 10 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because thats your problem lol, not the customers, if we buy a car we should be able to buy one spare if thats all we need
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

12th Nov 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Autovaux will be your best bet.
Norcy91

12th Nov 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
Autovaux will be your best bet.

Yeah think i'm going to have to try them next.

Anyone know if the Nylon bushes on LMF Vauxhall are ok to use in a standard linkage or just the short shift one?
Kurt

12th Nov 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How's it my problem, it comes as a pack of ten.

You don't go to the shop and buy one pea, one grape, one biscuit,

Now what I would do, Is check the dealer stock locator to see if other dealers have any or contact technical and plead that I just need one. Its about the extra mile in cases like this
Jamie-C

12th Nov 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your not going to eat one pea, one biscuit or one grape though are you? Your going to eat the whole lot.

Your not going to use 10 of the same car part though are you?
McWillster

12th Nov 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Your not going to eat one pea, one biscuit or one grape though are you? Your going to eat the whole lot.

Your not going to use 10 of the same car part though are you?
Norcy91

12th Nov 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kurt has got a point about it.

Yes they might only be able to order them in bags of 10, but it doesn't mean they should sell them in bags of 10 to a customer. Seen as everyones comparing it to food... Its like wanting one pack of biscuits they don't get in stock, but they'll only sell you a case of 10 packs, you just wouldn't want to buy all 10 packs.
McWillster

12th Nov 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get them to order the 10 pack. Go to collect it. When they stick them on the desk just say your gona have a look and see if it's what you need. Open the packaging take 2 out thrown him 20 note and do a runner. Technically you haven't stolen anything or done anything illegal.

[Edited on 12-11-2010 by McWillster]
Kurt

12th Nov 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok my example is piss poor, but there's no way I'd order a special item in without payment upfront anyway

Can they not check other dealers stock?
Norcy91

12th Nov 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
Ok my example is piss poor, but there's no way I'd order a special item in without payment upfront anyway

Can they not check other dealers stock?

No idea if they can do that or not, i'll have to ask them. I'd only do that as long as they're willing to sort out getting the part there instead of me having to go even further to get it.
Graham88

12th Nov 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Utterly ridiculous.

Almost as ridiculous as Mazdas not knowing what handbrake cable fits mine, it's there own fucking car, they made it!!!!
Kurt

12th Nov 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Failing that a call to vauxhall customer services might help. If you really kick off stating that you want one and not ten when there's only one on the car they will probably help you out!
3CorsaMeal

12th Nov 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can probably find enough bent tin cans in fallout new vegas to make 10
Fro

12th Nov 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jim wtf
AlexW

12th Nov 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nylon bushs are fine in standard linkages. Is it the cup bush things that your wanting? I have spares.

It is stupid but meh, thats life.
Norcy91

12th Nov 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea how to describe what the bush is that i'm after, Vauxhall game me one of their exploded diagrams of a gear linkage and asked me if i could find out which it was i needed

Went to see my brother and ask him, came down to '11,12 and 13'... Thats all i know them as
Nic Barnes

12th Nov 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most parts places are like that. have to order the bag even if you only want 1 or 2. its just the way it is.

by parts places i mean main dealer brand parts places

[Edited on 12-11-2010 by Nic Barnes]
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Nov 10 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you'll find the bloke behind the counter is a prick. Skurrey's in Swindon have sold me two sets, and Dale has also bought a set from them. I think I paid about £6

Just ring Autovaux they will help.

Anyway the linkage is pretty much the same set-up as on any FWD vauxhall before 2000
shaunmods
Premium Member

12th Nov 10 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My local Vauxhall tried to do this with me. I went in and ordered and paid for two bumper clips for the corsa. Went in to pick them up and they said they only come in packs of four. They then told me I either buy the other two as well or leave without my parts or money as they don't give refunds on ordered in parts I was not happy! Managed to get what I wanted in the end after moaning.
Graeme
Premium Member

13th Nov 10 at 02:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell them to bugger off about having all 10 parts. if they wont let it go, say can you VOR one item then?

may cost u a little more but only get one.

Ive ordered bits for cars that are 20 years old and have only ever ordered one.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Well Vauxhall are a rip off! 22 database queries in 0.1733401 seconds