corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What shall I do? (eBay)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What shall I do? (eBay)
Whittie

User status: Offline
12th Nov 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sent something out to a buyer a few weeks ago via Royal Mail, using their recorded signed for service.

3-4 days ago, something pops up in the resolution centre, saying the buyer hadn't recieved their goods... I thought oh here we go again!

Anyway, I found my reciept, punched the tracking code in, and he hasn't recieved it.

I thought, ok, fair enough! Emailled him to say to go to his local post office, as it might be stuck there for some reason. Got one back saying it wasn't.

2 more days passed, and he's asked for a refund. I gave him a refund last night of £75.00, so I have a time and date of the exact refund. (To put on a lost post form).

I phoned the royal mail up, in 2 days, im to send them a lost form, with all the data they need on it, paypal refund, ebay item number, and postage certificate etc.

What happens if the buyer turns out to be a twat, has had his form the whole time, and goes to the post office to collect it now i've given him a refund. Will their lost system go with me, and the time and date I refunded him?

If not, and he ends up doing this, i'll obviously be out of pocket again. Is there any way possible I can still get my money back, btw I had added insurance on the item.

Thanks for any help dudes

strick206

12th Nov 10 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should have claimed the money back yourself before refunding him

Anything that happens now, if he collects it or not is your fault
Whittie

12th Nov 10 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
You should have claimed the money back yourself before refunding him

Anything that happens now, if he collects it or not is your fault

Paypal Resolution centre gave me a deadline to refund him by, which was last night. If I hadn't done so, it would have automatically come out of my paypal anyway, so I didn't have a choice...?
Brett
Premium Member

12th Nov 10 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he had taken the package now then there would be proof with the Post Office. You could then contact Paypal who would do something I'm sure. They gave me £65 out of good faith when someone tried to screw me.
Whittie

12th Nov 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough, dont really want to be kept getting screwed over that's all. I currently have 4 items that have genuinly been lost in the post. It's a truly bad system
Brett
Premium Member

12th Nov 10 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH if I was you I would've given up with ebay now. I hate the damn thing. It's good for a bargain, but shite as a seller.
Whittie

12th Nov 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, after christmas i'm concentrating on an online shop, been wanting to do it for a while. Not got much to get rid of now, stock wise. It's made me a few quid, so not all time was wasted. Agreed about finding bargains, and it sucks to be a seller.

I don't understand how companies with 300,000+ feedback cope with all the cunts on there!
Anty
Premium Member

12th Nov 10 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had this last week, sent mobile phone out, claims she didnt ecive it, i told her i have a copy of the imei number and if its not recived by monday i will have it blocked, and bobs ur uncle ooh ive got it now, still hasnt left feedback for me lol, and i have noticed stuff being sent recorded , somtimes you dont sign for it, but says in the systerm were still proccesing
Twiggy

12th Nov 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he was gonna wait for you to refund before going to collect it he only has a week before returning to sender as its recorded....

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What shall I do? (eBay) 22 database queries in 0.0087481 seconds