corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 10 years of CorsaSport

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 10 years of CorsaSport
Ojc

User status: Offline
13th Nov 10 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well 10 years in 25 mins...

Never did I think that 10 years ago when I finally signed up on here after a months of browsing I would still be here.

Quietly listening and watching and learning as Daimo ran the show , turning up at the Leicester meet and being in awe of people like Scrivs, Pete Dennis, Vicki Calvert and how awesome their Corsas sounded with induction kits.

I'd only been out of school for a year and a bit, but when I look back to when I was at school it seems so long ago and even a year or so after splitting up I still wanted my first girlfriend back , shes now my best mate and seems SOOO long ago that I was with her.

I got my Corsa in July 2000 and I looked like this, 17 years old

Corsa looked like this and was heavy... I done 76,000 miles in it in two years, me and Dee cruising down Southend every weekend and to any cruise that was happening, awesome

In November 2000 I had just got with Danielle, 3 years with her all those years spent in a Corsa and on CorsaSport, we eventually went our own ways but remain close.

Lots of cars have come and gone in the 10 years on here, my favs being my Corsa SXi & Nova, so many good memories in that car

Then when I got banned which at the time was the best thing to happen to me I bought what my dad described as "a piece of junk" but I had a masterplan

I followed that plan through to the end and achieved what I wanted to achieve, I only wish I had kept it a year or so longer (story of my life)

Through the 10 years I've met some fantastic people, I can't actually say that I've met 1 person who I strongly disliked, people like Steve who has become a good friend even if he is a fucking imbecile and Andy Stocker who I wanted to be when he had C13RSA, spending Saturday evenings at cruises with Daimo & Donna and Nik who was always at all of the cruises, then the newbie crowd Jr/Willay/Fad even though I met Fad years before the other two they are always there. Then the next crowd came along, people like Warren/Stavs and when Lee Mitchell decided to hang up his tool kit Warren stepped in and is as equally usefull

Lee Mitchell, thanks to him I was always able to have the Nova on the road and his enthusiasam and hard work was essential, not many good guys like him left these days.

I met Rach in July in 2003, who would have thought back then she would be the one I would still be with 7 years later and marrying

Have to mention Ian for creating this site and enabling for CorsaSport to be the only constant throughout the last decade and helping me be involved in everything I'm so pasionate about.

Thanks for listening
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
13th Nov 10 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great post and for my part in it, it's been a pleasure.
SnK

13th Nov 10 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's awesome seeing the changes people go through. I can't wait to look back in 10 years and think to myself.. I was a right dickhead! haha. But screw it, i'm young enough Might aswell blame it on that whilst i can ha. Good story!
Jules S
Premium Member

13th Nov 10 at 23:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed.

I know I'm the old chump on here, but cs is one of the best forums I'm on

Eck
Premium Member

13th Nov 10 at 23:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's mental the looks I get from people when I say "Heard this on CorsaSport" etc etc. Noone understands that this is more than a forum now, it's a community!
Ojc

13th Nov 10 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And 10 years later when I'm fully healthy I look like this

My 3 favourite men

And some other lovely men I've bummed over the years

Ojc

13th Nov 10 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
It's mental the looks I get from people when I say "Heard this on CorsaSport" etc etc. Noone understands that this is more than a forum now, it's a community!

Its ridiculous I know, 2 of my ex's are signed up on here and my fiance is a member
Aaron

14th Nov 10 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fully healthy?
mattk

14th Nov 10 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id like to be your friend
adiohead

14th Nov 10 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to share a bath with you
Paul_J

14th Nov 10 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It brought a tear to my eye when I read my name mentioned in that touching paragraph.
ed

14th Nov 10 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much more do I need to get to know you before we can share a bath?
A1EX

14th Nov 10 at 01:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been around for quite some time seen people come and go always been quiet in the background though stocker did drive my car for a bit before
the Leicester meet
AK

14th Nov 10 at 01:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The life and times of Oliver James Crowe.

Oh, did you get the mount in the post? I was going to wrap up a surprise but I didnt need one just then
Mertin

14th Nov 10 at 03:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good post. Iv had a few of my mates look at me when iv said " read on corsasport" when i sold my corsa 3 years ago.
I probably used this site about 2 years before i bought my first car, a corsa which I owned 2 years and still here 7 / 8 yeArs later and remember ojc being a banned member for quite a while
dannymccann

14th Nov 10 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great post and just goes to show what a site Ian has managed to create to get people like you sticking around for so long

I dont know much about your illness but I know it was/is bad. Are you on the mend now?
Steve
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10 years of men

Going to try and collaborate 10 years in pics next week
Andy Stocker

14th Nov 10 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad to have been a part of it

Here's to the next 10 years
Sam
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think in my case CS has been more of a community than just a forum to me, hence why I've stuck around so long.

It's a shame though that the quality of users on the site has gone downhill in recent times though, but I think that's more to do with the decline of society in the UK in general rather than the type of user this site attracts.

Whilst I don't think me and Oli would ever be mates, some of his posts do make me laugh sometimes!
Mike GSi

14th Nov 10 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting post! I've only been a member for a few years but in that time i have seen a lot! I always find myself coming back to this site purely for the community and banter!

Another thing i find interesting about this community is how there are so many different personalities, regardless if its for e-points or not.

Also i wouldnt have ever thought i was able to do the things i did to my car on my own with a bit of knowledge that i wouldnt have had if it wasn't for this site!

Thanks to everyone who makes this site what it is
deano87

14th Nov 10 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice post
Nath

14th Nov 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

This!

Nice post Ollie
JonnyJ

14th Nov 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

You want to see the looks i got when trying to explain the Scotland road trip to people

"Yeah driving 5 hours to scotland for the weekend to watch some division 1 side play then a night out with some mates"

"Oh. Ok, who you going with?"

"....Well this lad from Milton Keynes and then staying at a mates house in Fife"

"Oooookkk, how do you know them"

"Errrmmm....Internet "
deano87

14th Nov 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just realised I've been on here over 4 years. Catching you up.
Jambo

14th Nov 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 10 years of CorsaSport 22 database queries in 0.0156610 seconds