corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone in the know about house electrics? rcd's?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone in the know about house electrics? rcd's?
ShEp

User status: Offline
15th Nov 10 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My RCD keeps tripping.

Wont turn back on.

I have unplugged absoloutly everything in the house and it won't turn on.

I turned off the individual circuts, and it turned on, but as soon as I plug anything in it trips again.

None of the plugs in the house will work, but the lights are fine.

I have checked the wiring behind the sockets and that all seems ok,

Whats the next step?

Sparky cant come out for 4days, so I've booked him but just wondered if there was anything I could do myself.
Gary
Premium Member

15th Nov 10 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Change the RCD?

Not hard to do really.
Gary
Premium Member

15th Nov 10 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually. Could well be a dogey socket. Keep disconnecting them 1 by one and see if you can find the problem.
XE Col
Premium Member

15th Nov 10 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't sound like a faulty socket if it trips when you plug something into any one of them, could well be a faulty RCD they sometime seem to do more harm than good lol ie going faulty, I'd start by changing that as you cant test the wiring past that I'd wait for the spark to test for earth leakage
XE Col
Premium Member

15th Nov 10 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and when it trips are you actually turning it off before on? As my dads did this last night and when it trips needs to be turned off to reset properly
ShEp

15th Nov 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Boissy

turned it all off, turned the rcd on, plugged something in, the flicked the switch and bang the rcd went off again.

How much is a new rcd?
XE Col
Premium Member

15th Nov 10 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would need details from it to check, is there another RCD in the board? Or just one?
XE Col
Premium Member

15th Nov 10 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New one should cost circa 20 quid mate, will u2u my number now mate

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone in the know about house electrics? rcd's? 22 database queries in 0.0093381 seconds