corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Business Accounts - Good / Bad Idea?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Business Accounts - Good / Bad Idea?
Whittie

User status: Offline
15th Nov 10 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my business bank accounts, i've got a seperate account, and put 30% of all earnings in there from each job that's recorded, to dish out at the end of year.

What's the best way to make a few quid on it, obviously I can't touch it...

Would premium bonds be a daft idea on something like this? Leave a float of say around £100, and then whenever another £100 gets added in, buy another premium bond?

May not win anything, but certainly better than sitting there doing bugger all like it is at the moment...

What do you guys do?
John_C

15th Nov 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ratesetter.com/default.aspx?tsr=GoogleAdWords&tcm=RateSetter&tcr=PeerToPeerLending&gclid=CNaQgcT2oqUCFVhc4wodKSemIA

www.fundingcircle.com

www.zopa.com
Cosmo

15th Nov 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will locking the money in premium bonds, etc not be a killer for cash flow? What if you need the money for whatever reason?
AndyKent

15th Nov 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would guess it depends how you arrange yourself tax wise.

If you are a sole trader you could quite easily take all profit out immediately and do with it whatever you like. If it wins on the premium bonds it your winnings, not the businesses.

Plus you can withdraw cash from premium bonds in (IIRC) with 8 working days notice, so won't cause cashflow problems.

You've nothing to lose - I'd do it
Cosmo

15th Nov 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah didn't realise that it was that quick to get money out, thought you had to be in for a set amount of time.
AndyKent

15th Nov 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to leave the money in from month end to month end to qualify for the prize draw, but you can withdraw at any time.
Sam
Premium Member

16th Nov 10 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd personally just leave it in an instant access business deposit account - you can get your money out whenever you want, none of this 8 working days bollocks.

That reminds me, I need to set another one of those up with my new bank!
G5M

17th Nov 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have said business savings account like I have with Lloyds. Bung all my funds I've set aside for tax in there and let it accumulate. Only thing is I'm making 0.05% on it, which is frankly shit! (no, I haven't messed up the decimal point there!)
Tom

17th Nov 10 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's your business whittie?

New Poll