corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance query... models of cars

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance query... models of cars
Matt L

User status: Offline
15th Nov 10 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happens if you type in the registration of the car on a insurance site and it picks it up but it not the right variant of car?

When ever i try to check prices for the 888 astra it just brings up the cdti sri (150) so what would happen if i was to follow through with said insurance is it still insured should the worst happen? as its their fault for not recognising the specific model surely?

SportBoy

15th Nov 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would think if you ever claimed they would rip you a new arse as they will crawl out of a payout if they can.
LeeM

15th Nov 10 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ring them and advise of the correct model. If it gets written off through your own insurer you may struggle to get the correct pay out.
LeeM

15th Nov 10 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the reg elsewhere and see what it comes up with, ie webuyanycar.com
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Nov 10 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's still your responsibility to check the docs when they come to you, which if they indicate the wrong car may put you in a difficult position.

Although I would imagine they'll just do an adjustment of premium at the time. You could also confirm it on the phone although in my experience if it's not on the list they'll just match the best one anyway.
Pop

15th Nov 10 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you enter into an insurance contract both insurer and insured have to show "utmost good faith". You also declare everything you have told them is to the best of your knowledge.

Will it not state the exact model on your V5?
antnee

15th Nov 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is a cdti 150 astra though.
Pop

15th Nov 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
It is a cdti 150 astra though.

That's what it started life as
Bonney

15th Nov 10 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't the 888 astra just a cdti 150 that had been tuned by thrulby motorsport?
Matt L

15th Nov 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney

yeah it is, well i rang admiral to query it and they said they'd make a note on the insurance and it wouldnt change the price... however he did mutter the word standard again somewhere in his rambling, so if i was to follow through with the quote now i have made them aware it is the 888 version then they'd have no real come back as it is a standard 888 version its just not the standard sri
John

15th Nov 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'd never pay out for an 888 if you came to claim, best case you'd get what a 1.9cdti sri was worth, and that won't be much because the 888's are a bit older now.
Rich H

15th Nov 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been having this issue - mines a Cooper S Works, but came off the production line as a Cooper S, then got taken to John Cooper to have the factory upgrade Works kit fitted. Even says it's a Cooper S on the V5.

All of the insurance sites have been showing it up as a Cooper S which had me paranoid - made prices rather erratic too.

Rung several of them up instead, they took my plate and confirmed to me it's a Cooper S Works, but then when it got the premium, it's suddenly a lot more?!

No idea how it works, but what I'm getting at is you'll have to ring up to get an accurate quote.

Oh and Greenlight who I'm currently with are massively cheaper than the likes of Admiral etc (I should be on commission for Greenlight after the amount I've mentioned them in the last few days!!)
Matt L

15th Nov 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

greenlight haven never shown up on those comparison sites so wiill take a look into them
Daveskater
Premium Member

15th Nov 10 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
yeah it is, well i rang admiral to query it and they said they'd make a note on the insurance and it wouldnt change the price... however he did mutter the word standard again somewhere in his rambling, so if i was to follow through with the quote now i have made them aware it is the 888 version then they'd have no real come back as it is a standard 888 version its just not the standard sri
From my experience with the Admiral customer services, that phone call will have had no effect whatsoever. I had to call them three times and send two emails to tell them that (at the time) my car wasn't modded, I was just getting a quote to see how much extra it would be (as they went back in their database and saw I'd gotten a quote with mods and they "assumed they were removed by mistake") but it made no difference so they took the extra £70 from my account anyway. I left it though as I knew I would have springs and zorst soon enough

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
smcGSI16V

15th Nov 10 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im lead to beleive you insure them as an sri xp 150 cdti and declare the changes, ie 4 pots, remap, lowered uprated suspension, wheels etc
Matt L

15th Nov 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well iv emailed greenlight for a quote and requested a call back from adrian flux as they recognise it as a model according to a few forums, so will see what they come back with.

may end up being cheaper to insure the 350
smcGSI16V

15th Nov 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do please post your findings as im interested to know as I will be buying one in the new year.
Matt L

15th Nov 10 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do .
Matt L

16th Nov 10 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well phoned adrian flux and they cant get it below £1k to insure me on it, so it is cheaper for me to insure the 350 .

only adrian flux and chriss knott appear to recognise the 888 as a model accordnig to afew forums, still waiting to hear back from greenlight but dont hold out much hope .

as for all other companies and as someone mentioned in here earlier id have to insure it as the sri and then declare the mods after which would take it to more than the 350.

speak of the devil, greenlight = £1277.75

[Edited on 16-11-2010 by Matt L]
antnee

16th Nov 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HIC should recognise it if Flux do. Tried Brentacre?
LeeM

16th Nov 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
They'd never pay out for an 888 if you came to claim, best case you'd get what a 1.9cdti sri was worth, and that won't be much because the 888's are a bit older now.

they have a legal obligation to put you back in the position you were prior to claiming.
John

16th Nov 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So in this circumstance you'd get paid out for an 888?

If so, no wonder so many people lie.
Matt L

16th Nov 10 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:
Originally posted by John

they have a legal obligation to put you back in the position you were prior to claiming.

legal obligation is to put you back to the position you were based on the contract which would be based on the sri model so i doubt they would let you claim for the 888 when you had only paid for the sri model.

adrian flux... even with discounts + parents on the policy came to £1570 z

insurance again does baffle me.
Daveskater
Premium Member

16th Nov 10 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flux wanted over £800 for me to insure the 12v with 2 NCB They wanted about a grand for the C iirc, Admiral wanted £550 Yes, please.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Fro

17th Nov 10 at 06:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance is a funny old thing Matt, especially when it comes to the 350, its cheaper than a lot of cars which are no where near as quick, very odd

I also found out the other day that if I was to become a single dad my insurance would be a lot more than if I was in a relationship with a child (was trying to see if adopting would get me cheaper insurance )

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance query... models of cars 23 database queries in 0.0172911 seconds