corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » photographers site setup

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author photographers site setup
corsayoung

User status: Offline
16th Nov 10 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey,

Was just thinking about setting up a website where people could share there photos with a community and maybe even a place for them to store easily there 365 images, ive already got domain and hosting and what not setup.

Just thinking for guidance really, im good with design and everything so site will look pukka no problem, just looking for someone to help really.. if anyone is interested please just give me a u2u and we shall talk.

Was thinking a wordpress type site too but looking for heads on the software on the site to be used really.. what will offer best gains?

Thanks
Nismo

16th Nov 10 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The questions i would ask myself would be:

1) Is there already an established site that does this?
2) What would attract people to your site over others?
3) How will you market it? how will people find it?
corsayoung

16th Nov 10 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
The questions i would ask myself would be:

1) Is there already an established site that does this?
2) What would attract people to your site over others?
3) How will you market it? how will people find it?

There may be other sites that allow people to do this, but i am not looking to make money or become a massive hit right away, just someone who likes looking at images and looking for others who do so the same, creating a community atmosphere is almost a thing of beauty.

Bringing people to the site, well i have had a lot of experiences with webhosting companies and have a knowledge of the tags etc and SEO techniques, also a lot of tools. But as said im not looking for numbers, i know sites do not grow straight away and take sometimes a long time to become even a dot of the landscape.

Marketing wise, well for now nothing, maybe a few links here and there but not looking to make money out of this frankly, maybe in mean time with more and more hits and regualr authors sharing more hits will mean a chance to add advertising on a small scale.
Neo

16th Nov 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DeviantArt tbh is the biggest image sharing community going atm. Thats competition you will never be able to compete with as they have been around for 10 years and offer the whole thing for free.
corsayoung

16th Nov 10 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I myself use deviantart , but im not trying to compete with them, just wondered if a few fellow camera happy guys / girls wanted to be involved in a site, made around them, by them, for them.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » photographers site setup 23 database queries in 0.0040960 seconds