corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cyclists

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cyclists
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
18th Nov 10 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driving to work this morning, one stopped at lights, pulled up behind. Lights changed, she wobbled off, I followed slowly. Didn't pass because it was raining and there were puddles there and it would have forced her to either go in one or get soaked so I waited. When it was well clear, went past giving loads of room.

Next set of lights, pulls up indicating left. Cyclist squeezes through on the left and sits in front of me. Lights change, pulls off again now slowly wondering why the cyclist needed to pass me to sit in front again wobbling. No indication from the cyclist but it's a choice of right or left so on the off chance she's going right and wouldn't appreciate being crushed under the wheels of a 2 ton Land Rover, I hung back.

She then put her arm out left, wobbled a bit more and generally got in the way so I opted to pass her whilst negotiating the corner. Passed her safely, drove on, thought nothing of it. Parked up by work, got out of the car and she came wobbling in to the car park. Then starts having a go saying I should respect cyclists and criticising my driving. Obviously ungrateful at being neither soaked nor driven over, proper telling me off for just being there.

I was like by this point and got a bit bored of listening to some hippy crap about how I shouldn't have a noisy car so I politely pointed out that she not only passed on the incorrect side but also went over the line of the lights, both of which are traffic offences. She went even more hippy about how I should think about her feelings and started taking photographs of the car

Bonkers.
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some high res pics off her mate for your desktop
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Nov 10 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking yeah I don't have any photos with the 18s on
adiohead

18th Nov 10 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Punch her in the stomach and hope that she was pregant
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a nightmare around here for cyclists when the weather is nice, hundreds of the fuckers waiting to hit your car. I get really pissed off with the elderly cyclists in the vilage though as they will quite happily sit at 5mph and hold up a big line of traffic without realising.
Whittie

18th Nov 10 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should have taken some photo's of her bike
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trouble is most cyclists that commute dont drive. I cycle to work but also drive so can see it from both points of view and know whats annoying from a car.

Ie dont go up the inside of cars that may be turning etc. If I do filter through traffic I go on the outside with motor bikes etc as this is where your average joe is more likely to check.
Im quite fast and can have most cars off the lights at junctions anyway

Hope you gave her a lecture back as it seems you was been nicer then 90% of people anyway

Although the one thing that angers me happend on the way home today. Im going a reasonable speed around 20-25 in a 30 when a audi flys past at about 40 and then turns imediatly left in front on me. Meaning I have to slow down and make hand gestures. Wait you prick

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
SportBoy

18th Nov 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cyclists on the road of one of my pet hates . 95% of them are retards.
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Russ

18th Nov 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What odds can i get on LittleDuke or pugnut quoting something Ian has said.
Mertin

18th Nov 10 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In cities where they use the bus lane they are a pain, as a bendy bus cant really negotiate past them withtraffic on his right. And if the driver does get past, then stops at the next stop their back to square one with the cyclist back in front
BarnshaW

18th Nov 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i swerve into them using my horn to scare them
AndyCorsaSport

18th Nov 10 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787Trouble is most cyclists that commute dont drive.

This exactly!! Some are cunts.

Bottom of my work street goes onto a main road, a went down it last week (in a car) ready to turn left at the bottom, about to pull out, but seen a cyclist coming, so i stopped and thought "ill wait, let her past" but i had edged forward slightly, and i had the window down, as she was cycling, she was smiling at me, me thinking "oh shes smiling cause i waited for her to pass" when she shouts "GET OUT OF THE CYCLE LANE YOU IDIOT"

Bloody stupid cow, couldnt belive it! Thought i was been conciderate.
nathy_87

18th Nov 10 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some are dickheads tbh, I nearly knocked two off on the way home tonight because they didn't have any lights/reflective clothing.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Nov 10 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just remembered my journey home, sat at lights, one passed me on the left and went through the red lights while I was waiting at them.

Actually no laws.
AndyCorsaSport

18th Nov 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo
Some are dickheads tbh, I nearly knocked two off on the way home tonight because they didn't have any lights/reflective clothing.

Lad from the garage up the road's car came in for repair last week, after a cyclist pulled out on him in the dark, with no lights, no hight viz, no helmet etc, then had the cheek to blame the car driver
AndyKent

18th Nov 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF, a lot of motorcyclists in town are the same.

They squeeze through traffic with the tightest of gaps between wrecking your wing mirrors, then park themselves smack bang in front of cars at lights.

Then forget to pull away

Chris
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why did she even bother stopping for the red light? Be she was wearing a viz vest also.

I usually do a quick look left right, nothing come see ya.

Makes me chuckle when one of the cars that passes after the lights change is a fed.
Mattb

18th Nov 10 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cyclists on my way into london are a nightmare - they do not care for the normal rules of the road - typically going through red traffic lights! They then proceed to give abuse to anyone who nearly knocks them off because of it.. the mind truely boggles sometimes
MarkSport

18th Nov 10 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you see her tomorrow just do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrHL4l4pmEw
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 23:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like mattb says, cyclists in London have no rules or fear. From the MENTAL know what they are doing bike boys delivering lettings to the fuckwit commuters who pass red lights and generally get crushed by buses.
dannymccann

19th Nov 10 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never used to stop for red lights on my pushbike when going to uni, if I had to stop it would take me 15 minutes to get there, not stopping took me 4 minutes. I undertook / overtook wherever possible and was a general cunt. But because I am both a car driver and motorcyclist I know what to look for so I never once was in a near death situation because I could safely avoid it

edit - it was quite funny 'speeding' through the 20 zone overtaking as many cars as I could as well

[Edited on 19-11-2010 by dannymccann]
flybikeslee

19th Nov 10 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Driving to work this morning,

Don't lie, you steal hubcaps for a living
John

19th Nov 10 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to brake in a hurry going home from work yesterday because one of these hippy's was on the back roads in the dark with no lights on, in the rain, didn't see him until fairly late, deserved to be run over.
3CorsaMeal

19th Nov 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only way to win in this life is to be a cnut, if you can't beat them, join them.

honestly its much more stress free driving without caring for anything/anyone.

brilliant

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cyclists 23 database queries in 0.4858909 seconds