corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Root canal treatment

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Root canal treatment
Shell
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Nov 10 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this always painful? Need 2 and after the experience I just had at the dentist, I'm absolutely Shitting myself. Went in for just a normal filling on one of my upper molars, however, discovered the nerve was not impressed and it HURT! Tried to keep going but it was literally making me jerk so she stopped and has said it'll need root canal but she wants to put a temp filling in first to try to kill the nerve. I've to expect a lot of pain this week apparently since she's aggravated the nerve. Now my left side of my face is completely asleep and numb so I look like I've had a stroke!!!! To top it all off, I'm working later.

So yeah, moral of the story, can i expect this sort of debacle for the next few appointments

Edit: no idea why I put kisses

[Edited on 19-11-2010 by Shell]
Neo

19th Nov 10 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In a word

Yes
Nath

19th Nov 10 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes
Shell
Premium Member

19th Nov 10 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh god help me.
RichR
Premium Member

19th Nov 10 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes BUT as soon as the Root is gone, its a miraculous pain free sensation.

I've had two root canals (makes it sound liek I have bad teeth but I haven't at all) and both times I was literally crying with pain from toothache before the root canal and bumf, the pain was gone!!

To be honest, the worst thing is the constant drillig noise for such a long time, molars have 4 roots, so 4 lots of drilling which takes time. Sit back and relax is the best advice; once the anaesthetic kicks in, its not so bad
richardworrall
Premium Member

19th Nov 10 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had one root canal and to be honest the dentist was really surprised i had no pain. A filling had fell out and taken a bit of my tooth with it leaving the nerve exposed. It was a bit sensitive but nothing too bad and taking it out was just like having a filling, anesthetic, a bit of poking around and then pull it out. Even showed it me too.
Wrighty

19th Nov 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had to have this done on one of my very front top teeth, didnt have it numbed but it wasnt that bad.
Colin

19th Nov 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes its meant to be very painful but you need to get it done, evpensive treatment too at around £300 a tooth.

Jades mum needs 5 doing after banging her teeth together when she was asaulted by a low life scum bag last weekend.
alan-g-w

19th Nov 10 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet you're drooling all over the place
RichR
Premium Member

19th Nov 10 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Yes its meant to be very painful but you need to get it done, evpensive treatment too at around £300 a tooth.

Jades mum needs 5 doing after banging her teeth together when she was asaulted by a low life scum bag last weekend.

I heard about this - shocking!!
Shell
Premium Member

19th Nov 10 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
I bet you're drooling all over the place

Alan, I'm ready for greetin, the anesthetic hasn't even begun to wear off and I have work in about an hour. Since its somehow numbed my facial nerve, I can't move the left side of my lips/cheek. I look ridiculous

Colin, is she okay?!?! That honestly sickens me, the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck just thinking about someone being horrid enough to do that.

I'm with an nhs dentist, so it won't be too pricey, but I don't mind paying where my teeth are concerned. Just want them sorted and wanted to know if today was a one off or if I should prepare myself.
alan-g-w

19th Nov 10 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll be fine, just get Eck to tie a bib onto you!
Pop

19th Nov 10 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a root canal done and it didn't hurt at all. It stank though as the infection was sucked out.
moka

19th Nov 10 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh god, reminds me of my tooth ache, i had one ripped out a few months back... AHH!
Nath

19th Nov 10 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by moka
oh god, reminds me of my tooth ache, i had one ripped out a few months back... AHH!

How horrendous is the cracking noise?!
Root

19th Nov 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not taking the piss because of my name but I've had it done. Basically, I fell off my scooter, chipped my two front teeth, they embedded themselves in my bottom lip. Went to hospital to have my teeth removed from my lip and then my lip stitched up.

Then emergency appointment at the dentist to have my teeth sorted. had to repetetitively go back to dentist every X weeks to have more work, in the end had root canal to one of my teeth, they drilled it, took the root out, sealed it and "capped" both teeth.

Didn't hurt so bad tbh. The root is also fleshy, weird thing to see come out of a tooth
moka

19th Nov 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by moka

How horrendous is the cracking noise?!

I know, fuckin awful! Was so glad it was out in the end though.
alan-g-w

19th Nov 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think my pal had to get this done, he tripped over a football and his right hand side front tooth bit down on a kerb
JonnyJ

19th Nov 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im afraid this is the end for you shell.

Nice knowing you.
Colin

19th Nov 10 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell

Colin, is she okay?!?! That honestly sickens me, the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck just thinking about someone being horrid enough to do that.

Just in constant pain all the time. Cant eat at the front or put any pressure on them.

Yep its totally sick!! How anyone could bring themselves to lash out at an old woman is beyond me, tells you a lot about that person & what they are capable of!!
alan-g-w

19th Nov 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Junkie I'm assuming mate?
Colin

19th Nov 10 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly an ex junkie, just a total low life pikey though to be honest. Ask Jade she'll tell you all you need to know!
alan-g-w

19th Nov 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got her number there?
Anty
Premium Member

19th Nov 10 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im expecting the same treatment soon, but will require fasle teeth at some point... tops have gone bad
Eck
Premium Member

20th Nov 10 at 02:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On Monday morning we're going to the practice I use to get you sorted out privately.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Root canal treatment 22 database queries in 0.1731751 seconds