corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » doing roof romoz any tips (vinyl)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author doing roof romoz any tips (vinyl)
tomo2k9

User status: Offline
30th Nov 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite my vinyl should be coming tomoz for my roof, iv done chequers before on my old saxo and went on pritty straight forward, but this time its just one big sheet for my roof , so anyone got any tips what i should do, ino it need to be clean and free of dust. But also shall i use soapy water ? And if so how much? Also just thinking there is abit at the back on the boot , shall i class that as the roof and vinyl it , or leave it? Its the bit just infron of the spoiler on the top of the boot, let me no what people think and what i should do cheers
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a spray bottle handy and just keep spraying it and moving the vinyl around untill it's sitting right, smooth it out from the middle outwards, have a few fresh blades to trim it with. If you've never applied a piece of vinyl that big before it wont be easy so be carefull and check twice before you do anything.
MarkSport

30th Nov 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As danny said. get the roof as wet as possible. once thats done get the vinyl and place it on and move into position. then after that get a squeegie or something to get the water bubbles out( if any)

then let it dry.
flybikeslee

30th Nov 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit cold to be applying vinyls outdoors
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're using a piece of plastic for a squeegie then cover it with cloth as it will scratch the vinyl, or pop in to a local sign writers and ask if you can buy one of their rubber ones that they use.
flybikeslee

30th Nov 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we use felt covered ones
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of people doing it at home will just whip out a bank card or something not realising it will put horrible swirl marks all over it
tomo2k9

30th Nov 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so it dont mater how much water i use? it wont mess the vinyl up will it ? And what do you all think about goin to that little bit on the boot because i would class that as the part of the roof , ya think i should do it?
tomo2k9

30th Nov 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so it dont mater how much water i use? it wont mess the vinyl up will it ? And what do you all think about goin to that little bit on the boot because i would class that as the part of the roof , ya think i should do it?
tomo2k9

30th Nov 10 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry bout double post
Jamie-C

30th Nov 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would do top of the spoiler as well in line with the roof.

[Edited on 30-11-2010 by Jamie-C]
tomo2k9

30th Nov 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and its not out doors it in a big garage and nice and warm in ther off the houses so should be ok to apply it in there
tomo2k9

30th Nov 10 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
I would do top of the spoiler as well in line with the roof.

[Edited on 30-11-2010 by Jamie-C]

Dont want to do the spoile rmate just the bit just before the spoiler if anyone nos what i mean lol hard to explain

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » doing roof romoz any tips (vinyl) 22 database queries in 0.0097320 seconds