corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » snow crash pics

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author snow crash pics
tom130691
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Dec 10 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stole from saxp

http://i54.tinypic.com/2jurnq.jpg

[Edited on 02-12-2010 by Ian]
moka

1st Dec 10 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck's that mini doin!
sand-eel

1st Dec 10 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Q7 prob thought 4x4 = invincible
deano87

1st Dec 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel

This. I bet it was some bird driver also.
tom130691
Premium Member

1st Dec 10 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:

This. I bet it was some bird driver also.

that lived in surry
oceansoul

1st Dec 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another 4x4 thats actually shit in snow. =[
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

1st Dec 10 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Number of 4x4s you see darting about, they don't seem to get that they've still got the same issues as everyone else if they need to stop quickly, realistically even more with the weight of em
sand-eel

1st Dec 10 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed the big offroaders are actually worse at stopping and cornering than cars, its just they don't get stuck as easy....still want one though
oceansoul

1st Dec 10 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Indeed the big offroaders are actually worse at stopping and cornering than cars, its just they don't get stuck as easy....still want one though

People dont understand this though.
Anty
Premium Member

1st Dec 10 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look more like scenes from Gta
Mertin

1st Dec 10 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boy came round the corner at my house in his rangerover sport and though he was nipping on. Ended up broadside and next day I saw him at garage for new tyres. Think its your driving pal and nae your tyres
Amount of people in for winter tyres just now is unreal and mostly 4x4s who cant understand why. They cant take a corner any faster in the snow than a car
jrsteeve

1st Dec 10 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the deal with snow chains? Do they damage the tyres and road?
pow
Premium Member

1st Dec 10 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw my first tonight, BMW broadside in a ditch
brebaz

1st Dec 10 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i saw a 306 driving proper slow and when i overtook the windscreen and two front windows were smashed and the front end was crushed to fuck ! haha

some crazy mother fuckers on the roads these days
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
2nd Dec 10 at 00:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Indeed the big offroaders are actually worse at stopping and cornering than cars
Been out in both and I disagree.

That Mini pic is epic though.

All Torque

2nd Dec 10 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by brebaz
i saw a 306 driving proper slow and when i overtook the windscreen and two front windows were smashed and the front end was crushed to fuck ! haha

some crazy mother fuckers on the roads these days

Saw something similar earlier, chap driving past me on a dual carriageway with his left hand side stoved in and the rear bumper was on the back seats
sand-eel

2nd Dec 10 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Indeed the big offroaders are actually worse at stopping and cornering than cars
Been out in both and I disagree.

That Mini pic is epic though.

Well unless they have proper all terrain tyres, which most don't.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
2nd Dec 10 at 00:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines just on OE spec Goodyear HP highways and it's still better than my Astra. Admittedly, the Astra is absolutely terrible.
harrisp

2nd Dec 10 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dads jeep is crap on All terrains in the snow even with 4wd mine isnt much better with Mud terrains but liveable everyone seems to think winter tyres are the answer.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon winter tyres are a con, much better investing in time to learn how to drive properly, the bonus is thats free! super duper winter tyres, less so
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having good tyres (i.e. at least mid-range tyres with great grip in wet and dry roads) on a car with ABS and TC, coupled with sensible driving should help.

Think - you have to leave a greater distance for braking when it's raining, it's the same for snow as well.

People that tailgate others in this weather really fucks me off.

Obviously I don't drive 5mph everywhere (unless I'm trying to get out of my road which is on an incline) but then again you do NOT have to do the speed limit in this weather FFS!
sand-eel

2nd Dec 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ABS in the snow if actually rather annoying for me, I slowed down for my driveway last night and overshot it by a few meters
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i reckon winter tyres are a con, much better investing in time to learn how to drive properly, the bonus is thats free! super duper winter tyres, less so

that's the biggest load of shit I've actually ever heard to be honest
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

porbably i never used them just cant see how a little bit more tread makes much difference lol.

surely the extra tread just gets filled with snow then ends up making not much difference?

tbh they probably help a bit but personally id give more credit to better driving techniques, failing that snow chains
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the tread pattern.

I class myself as a fairly competent snow driver having experienced driving in the Alps and Scandanavia numerous times in horrific conditions with normal tyres, chains and auto socks and winter tyres.

Both me and my Dad have X Type Jags; both FWD, his is 2.2 and mine is 2.0 - both have the same size Rims; As were going to the French Alps in 2 weeks, he's put his winter wheels/tyres on now.

Yesterday, I got to an incline of maybe 5degrees and had to be pushed up; there was simply no grip whatsoever from my tyres, and I have good tyres on. I had to be pushed up the bank by two passing cyclists. Once I got home, I couldn't get on the drive, there was 18"-2ft of snow and as soon as my front wheels were into it, that's where the car stopped.

Dad's car on the other hand was at the far end of the drive; he drove through the snow without so much as a slip of the wheels and out onto the road. I then tried to reverse up the tracks that he'd left and simply had no grip to do so and still needed a push to keep it moving.

Winter tyres make an enormous difference - hence why they're now stopping foreign trucks from entering Scandanavia unless they have winter tracked tyres on - if they don't, they're turned round and sent packing as too many Polish trucks were trying to get up the mountain passes and crashing.

Seriously, they're not a con, they work really well. When other people were stopping on the Val Thoren mountain pass into the Alps - the one in Top gear where they threw Hammond's 300ZX roof into the river, we drove all the way to Les Menuires without stopping

[Edited on 02-12-2010 by LiVe LeE]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » snow crash pics 22 database queries in 0.1656768 seconds