corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » P/X'd the Astra yesterday...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author P/X'd the Astra yesterday...
Kano

User status: Offline
4th Dec 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had absolutely no interest in the Astra while its been up for sale so we decided to bite the bullet and trade it against something else. Decided after the crap weather and being stuck in we would get something useful so bought one of these.

Wont be to everyones taste but we got pretty much what I wanted as a private sale for the Astra so I'm over the moon. Plans are just a private reg for it, maybe tints and a set of tasteful bull bars.

This isn't the car but same model and colour

Colin

4th Dec 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmm looks ok, what is it??

I want a 4x4
Phil W

4th Dec 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate at work has got one with some bits added on, doesnt look *too* bad.
Bonney

4th Dec 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a Grand Vitara.

Suzuki seem to be doing some nice looking cars at the minute!
Kano

4th Dec 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Hmmmm looks ok, what is it??

I want a 4x4

Its a Grand Vitara, 1.9 derv.. Should hold its money better than the astra has and I will make a killing when it snows again.

Never drive the astra hard these days and service, mot, tax were all due next month so made sense to get rid not to mention warranty only has 2 months left.
Kano

4th Dec 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phil W

Its not a looker but is good spec, has diff locks etc for when I want to be a tit and hopefully has a bit of Japanese reliability aswell.
Phil W

4th Dec 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.formula4.co.uk/4x4accessories-vehicle-suzuki-grand_vitara-5_door_mk3_2005_on_suzgrvitmk3lwb.html
harrisp

4th Dec 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
quote:
Originally posted by Phil W

Its not a looker but is good spec, has diff locks etc for when I want to be a tit and hopefully has a bit of Japanese reliability aswell.

Theyve got difflocks
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Dec 10 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see what you've bought as there appears to be a Suzuki in the way.

[Edited on 04-12-2010 by DannyB]
Corsa_Sport21

4th Dec 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not what i was expecting to see when i clicked the thread but you aint daft when it comes to cars so i hope there is method in the madness.lol.
connollygt30

4th Dec 10 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I can't see what you've bought as there appears to be a Suzuki in the way.

[Edited on 04-12-2010 by DannyB]

AK

4th Dec 10 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.4 kids on the way?
RS6

4th Dec 10 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kano you must have bought every car going

i give this one 2 months lol
richc

4th Dec 10 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually like these!
Anty
Premium Member

5th Dec 10 at 02:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian`s set a trend off
alan t

5th Dec 10 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its a diesel you've bought then try to give it a decent run down the bypass at least once a week as these are really bad for the diesel particulate filters blocking up, also the rear main oil seals are bad for going on them and its an engine out job to do them, fucking nightmare to do lol.

you would have been better buying a petrol one as the suzuki petrol engines are very reliable, had quite a lot of problems in work with the renault diesel engined ones.
Warren G

5th Dec 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why?!
dannymccann

5th Dec 10 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of your car choices make me Kano
Kano

5th Dec 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan t
if its a diesel you've bought then try to give it a decent run down the bypass at least once a week as these are really bad for the diesel particulate filters blocking up, also the rear main oil seals are bad for going on them and its an engine out job to do them, fucking nightmare to do lol.

you would have been better buying a petrol one as the suzuki petrol engines are very reliable, had quite a lot of problems in work with the renault diesel engined ones.

Yeh I knew about the filter problem. Its not really a fault just part of the way modern diesels are. It wont be used for short journeys so shouldn't be an issue for us, I've bought a runaround for the other half to use for work so this will just be our main car for weekends etc. Wasn't aware of the oil seal fault but I'm guessing thats a high mileage issue? If something major like that seal goes I'll just take out a warranty and claim a few months later..

I tried to get a petrol one but couldn't get anywhere near what I needed for the astra at the garage that had the petrol one so it made sense just to get this.

Warren G: Because I dont think I've ever owned a car quite as crap as that astra in terms of build quality, silly faults and just general crapness. It looks good and goes well but nothing like the quality it should be.
alan t

5th Dec 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Yeh I knew about the filter problem. Its not really a fault just part of the way modern diesels are. It wont be used for short journeys so shouldn't be an issue for us, I've bought a runaround for the other half to use for work so this will just be our main car for weekends etc. Wasn't aware of the oil seal fault but I'm guessing thats a high mileage issue? If something major like that seal goes I'll just take out a warranty and claim a few months later..

I tried to get a petrol one but couldn't get anywhere near what I needed for the astra at the garage that had the petrol one so it made sense just to get this.

Warren G: Because I dont think I've ever owned a car quite as crap as that astra in terms of build quality, silly faults and just general crapness. It looks good and goes well but nothing like the quality it should be.

we've had a few in with around 20-30,000 miles needing the seals done, would probs be a good idea to take out a warranty mate, gives you piece of mind. also there was a software update to stop the DPF's from clogging up all the time so see if this has been done.

if you need anyhelp with it then just give me a shout as i work in a suzuki dealer just outside of edinburgh
Kano

5th Dec 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I know one of the mechanics at the dealer where I bought and he said similair to you, just a shame the petrol wasn't an option.

Any recomendations on warranty, not sure if there is a Suzuki scheme similair to the Vauxhall one.
JohnnyR

5th Dec 10 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeh I know one of the mechanics at the dealer where I bought and he said similair to you, just a shame the petrol wasn't an option.

Any recomendations on warranty, not sure if there is a Suzuki scheme similair to the Vauxhall one.

I've got a Warranty with, Car Protect, not a bad price and I've had a couple of claims too, saved me a few quid!

Tidy 4x4, could have done with one of them this week
alan t

5th Dec 10 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not to sure about warranty's, we use lumleys if were selling a used car but ive heard some bad stories about them not covering very much with it. not sure if theres a suzuki one or not. im back at work on wednesday so il try and find out
Kano

5th Dec 10 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
not to sure about warranty's, we use lumleys if were selling a used car but ive heard some bad stories about them not covering very much with it. not sure if theres a suzuki one or not. im back at work on wednesday so il try and find out

Had a look online and theres a fair few but there not cheap. Will probably risk it and if something major goes will just park it up and take a warranty out.

Rich H

5th Dec 10 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, I've missed the boat on understanding that choice I'm afraid!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » P/X'd the Astra yesterday... 22 database queries in 0.0159411 seconds