corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » v6 corsa........need help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author v6 corsa........need help
novatrix

User status: Offline
8th Dec 10 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys new to the site and just wondering has any 1 done a v6 on here and if so do they know if i can use an omega 2.5 or does have to be out of a vectra. many thanks Rik

[Edited on 08-12-2010 by novatrix]
taylorboosh

8th Dec 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think its a vec b gsi one. Try a 3.2 vec c gsi one
oceansoul

8th Dec 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not done one. But all the V6 engines are the same. Obvo the exhaust manifolds will be different due to be RWD'ness of the Omega.
2.5, 2.6, 3.0 and 3.2 available from the Omega.

[Edited on 08-12-2010 by oceansoul]
taylorboosh

8th Dec 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure theres some thing diff between vec 3.2 and omega one. Cant remember what it is though
Corsa_Sport21

8th Dec 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think you can use the Omega engine as its mounted differently.Dont think it will mount up the correct way.
scottyp1989

8th Dec 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will still mount up the same but will have to change exhaust and inlet manifolds
Gary
Premium Member

8th Dec 10 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beardy on here has one.
novatrix

8th Dec 10 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have heard that the omega is mounted differently but surely it is the same block as the veccy lump!?!
Kurt

8th Dec 10 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Beardy on here has one.

He also says he will never do another one

Total pain in the arse conversion iirc
corsav6_mut

8th Dec 10 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 1 but it's a power crazy conversion I no he uses 2.5 vectra and 3l omegas
novatrix

9th Dec 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool guys for the info, ive got 2.5 already and will planing on having it done for pv11 and bringing it with my xe. will keep you posted
Dean_W

9th Dec 10 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Beardy on here has one.

He also says he will never do another one

Total pain in the arse conversion iirc

Aye. Custom manifolds are expensive. Very very tight fit. Told me that everytime it needs working on it's got to have the manifolds chopped off and engine taken out. Then manifolds welded back on whern the engine is in.
Corsa_Sport21

9th Dec 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Manifolds can be chopped and shorted so that they clear the steering rack.Its just the angle of them as standard that is too much.
oceansoul

9th Dec 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by novatrix
I have heard that the omega is mounted differently but surely it is the same block as the veccy lump!?!

Yea, Longitudinally as its RWD car Still the same engine though.
andyc1234

9th Dec 10 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any v6 will go in. one of the easiest engines i have put in a corsa only blag is the back manifold just needs a bit of adjusting. we just killed a calibra v6 and swapped the bare engine for one out of an omega no problems. best off starting with a c25xe then you have the right maifolds and stuff for fwd but vectra will go in but underside of bonnet needs cutting due to the inlet. anything else you need drop me a message. can get pics or whatever you need
novatrix

10th Dec 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andyc1234
any v6 will go in. one of the easiest engines i have put in a corsa only blag is the back manifold just needs a bit of adjusting. we just killed a calibra v6 and swapped the bare engine for one out of an omega no problems. best off starting with a c25xe then you have the right maifolds and stuff for fwd but vectra will go in but underside of bonnet needs cutting due to the inlet. anything else you need drop me a message. can get pics or whatever you need

thanks for that bud, thanks everyone else too!.....now the fun starts!!!!!will post dairy pix when I get started!
taylorboosh

10th Dec 10 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics of milk and cheese?
J200RSA

10th Dec 10 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what v6 do you have? and what car is it out of? Don't waste your money on a omega 2.5 v6 as loads of stuff needs to be changed to change it to fwd, if its a 3.0 then its worth the piss about sourcing the parts to make it fwd. The easiest one to use is the 2.5 v6 c25xe from a cav/ calibra due to them not having an immobiliser, ive done a corsa and just doing an astra now. hardest part of the conversion is he rear manifold rest is easy.
novatrix

11th Dec 10 at 01:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
Pics of milk and cheese?

yeah........oops
novatrix

11th Dec 10 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J200RSA
what v6 do you have? and what car is it out of? Don't waste your money on a omega 2.5 v6 as loads of stuff needs to be changed to change it to fwd, if its a 3.0 then its worth the piss about sourcing the parts to make it fwd. The easiest one to use is the 2.5 v6 c25xe from a cav/ calibra due to them not having an immobiliser, ive done a corsa and just doing an astra now. hardest part of the conversion is he rear manifold rest is easy.

i havent "wasted" my money on anything yet.........i owned the omega for a while and the magic crash fairy attacked the car so instead of fixing it.......its being transplanted!!!!ive got all te loom etc to make it run so im just gonna take every bit of hastle as it comes.
J200RSA

11th Dec 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough, with it being a rwd engine you need to get a fwd sump and pick up pipe, i'm sure the alternator on the omega ones is too big so you need a vectra or cavalier one, flywheel needs to be changed and you will need a clutch and gearbox the exhaust manifolds need changing also you will need a cav/ vectra downpipe. unsure if the omega inlet is usable in a corsa, never seen one use it. I used an omega engine in my v6 corsa but that was a 3.0 and i ended up buying a c25xe to rob all the parts off that i needed. Good luck with it all.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » v6 corsa........need help 22 database queries in 0.2257152 seconds