corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » i need some tech help aswel...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i need some tech help aswel...
gez bay

User status: Offline
9th Dec 10 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically, can someone explain to me what 'closed loop fueling' is?

Cheers in advance.

Gez
Ryan_G1

10th Dec 10 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In closed loop operation the ECU uses one or more oxygen sensors as a feedback loop in order to adjust the fuel mixture. This gives the name ‘closed loop’ from the closed feedback loop. The ECU won’t run in a closed feedback loop all the time, so ‘open loop’ is used to describe the operation of the ECU when the mixture is not being adjusted in this way (usually when the engine is cold or when running under high load).

In closed loop operation the ECU uses the oxygen sensor to tell if the fuel mixture is rich or lean. However, due to the characteristics of the oxygen sensor it can’t tell exactly how rich or lean, it only knows that the mixture is richer or leaner than optimum. The ECU will enrich the mixture if the oxygen sensor shows that the mixture is lean, and lean the mixture if it looks rich. The result of this is that the mixture will swing back and forward around the stoichiometric point.

Ian
Site Administrator

10th Dec 10 at 00:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It means if you make changes to the fuelling, you use sensors to see the effect that has, and make further changes based on the readings from those sensors.
gez bay

10th Dec 10 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by gez bay]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » i need some tech help aswel... 22 database queries in 0.0083120 seconds