corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone know about national lottery funding?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone know about national lottery funding?
baza31

User status: Offline
14th Dec 10 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well to cut a long story short I was planning on building a house but it got rejected and appeal lost . So I have another large piece of land . Now I have been thinking for a few months about building a nursery , but the way the planning cunts are around here there's probably no chance. So I have looked into disabled and special needs day centre etc but can't find much about it . This way I could go to the papers tell them what I am doing and put pressure on the council . But it's funding. I could build for about 100k but don't want to jump in to my neck when I have a few other projects running too. So does anyone know a) who pays for each disabled child b) how much is each childs fees as I can't find this nowhere c) does the national lottery help out for things like this?

There is no other childrens day centre near by. I think it would be a good thing to do for community but still with the fact in mind it's a business so I do want it to be profitable . I am not too sure who to speak to first as I don't want to throw 10k into plans, business case , safety aspect etc for it to be turned on it's head .

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated
Gary
Premium Member

14th Dec 10 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You just want little kids about!!

Just build some bastard units ffs.
baza31

14th Dec 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its £900 a month for normal child care it must be alot more for disabled, if i could put 30 ish kids thats £30k a month . plus would be nice to give some disabled kids something to do and a help for parents .That building cost me nearly 3k and got knocked back so i want to have more assurance off the people in power that this wouldnt be a waste of money.

i felt like digging a hole with digger and burying that cunt from council

am not thinking of the kids am thinking about milfage

[Edited on 14-12-2010 by baza31]
Gary
Premium Member

14th Dec 10 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds about right from what you were asking about my mother earlier!

Planning are cunts. Was at a meeting there the other week for the quarry next to my mums.

You cant build a pissy little house somewhere but its ok for a huge sawshed and a fuck off hole in the floor! Backwards they are!

30k sounds a lot but you'd have a lot of wages to pay. These places need 24/7 staffing + the disabled places take them out all the time on trips etc so you'd need a minibus etc too.
Gary
Premium Member

14th Dec 10 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore the minibus thing. Didnt think before i said it!
baza31

14th Dec 10 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Ignore the minibus thing. Didnt think before i said it!

pmsl. i know but thats normal kids ,isnt it 6 kids to1 staff? 24hour staffing? would only open till 6pm they wouldnt stay. wages wouldnt be a problem with that much a year
Gary
Premium Member

14th Dec 10 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh right. Thought you was on about then ones where they live.

Actually, i still think they take them on day trips.

End of the day the parents will send there kids to the people who have the best service for the money.

Would be easier to just handle normal kids though. H&S etc would be bad enough for them, never mind special needs ones!
Colin

14th Dec 10 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turn it into one of those places where you store your stuff when your moving house. A guy I usd to work with bought a bit of land he was planning to stick town houses on buut when the recession came he just got a fence put round it & loads of containers instead & rents storage to folk & does well out of it!!
baza31

14th Dec 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know but i think it would be easier for planning. once its built i can do what i like with it
Colin

14th Dec 10 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much is public liability insurance going to be to let you huse a load of veg kids???

Secure storage, small outlay & charge by day soon means big bucks, plus no one slavering over the fixtures & fittings.....its the way forward!!!
baza31

14th Dec 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Turn it into one of those places where you store your stuff when your moving house. A guy I usd to work with bought a bit of land he was planning to stick town houses on buut when the recession came he just got a fence put round it & loads of containers instead & rents storage to folk & does well out of it!!

they want planning for containers now its a fucking joke. if i have a container there for fixed use i need planning, you can argue that its not but if i shoved 100 containers on there the neighbors who are all twats would report me and id get screwed. plus they would charge me business rates.

random question but can you get fast growing tall conifers ?

[Edited on 14-12-2010 by baza31]
baza31

14th Dec 10 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
How much is public liability insurance going to be to let you huse a load of veg kids???

Secure storage, small outlay & charge by day soon means big bucks, plus no one slavering over the fixtures & fittings.....its the way forward!!!

not really, a 40ft shipping container costs a grand minimum, £20 a week is what they rent for , i would need to rent it for a year to get my money back,for the space it takes the profit isnt worth it
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
14th Dec 10 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Childcare for disabled kids costs more because it's more expensive, not because it's more profitable.
Simon

14th Dec 10 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely lottery funding if for charity projects, not helping you build something to profit from
Jules S
Premium Member

14th Dec 10 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you need some advice from a decent Architect/planning advisor tbh
Conway563

15th Dec 10 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
isnt it 6 kids to1 staff?

Depends on the ages.
IIRC it's 5-1 for over 2's and 3-1 for under
Disabled is usually 1-1 though

[Edited on 15-12-2010 by Conway563]
emicen

15th Dec 10 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lottery funding is screwed right now courtesy of the Olympics. Theres a seriously disproportionate amount of cash being thrown at marginally easing how badly we have our asses handed to us on home soil.

Aside from that, the lottery will help fund private enterprise initiatives if benefits to the community can be shown and the private enterprise involved stump up a fair amount of cash themselves.

IIRC the lottery helped out with ~£500k of funding to help redevelop our ski centre but the total development cost was over £1M and the rest we had to finance via banks/donations/savings.
Hammer

15th Dec 10 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From someone that is 3/4 of the way through setting up a nursery from scratch, planning is the least of your worries.

Care Commission (the English equivalent) will be the biggest stumbling block. I've had 4 meetings with the officer already, the scrutiny you are put under as a person, your intentions, plans and prospective policies and procedures are as obtrusive as they possibly can be.

Planning and the building warrants have been relatively simple in comparison, didn't even have 1 complaint during public consultation.
Hammer

15th Dec 10 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd also like to lol at the fact you want to enquire about lottery funding yet make it blatantly obvious you are in it for the money.

Good luck with that.
baza31

15th Dec 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not? If it's there for the taking, if I provide a service for the community . Of course am in it for profit , doesn't every person in business want to earn money . Am looking at all my options , if I am throwing alot of money in I want alot back out. I have arranged a meeting with the council officer next tuesday so will see what views they have .
baza31

15th Dec 10 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not? If it's there for the taking, if I provide a service for the community . Of course am in it for profit , doesn't every person in business want to earn money . Am looking at all my options , if I am throwing alot of money in I want alot back out. I have arranged a meeting with the council officer next tuesday so will see what views they have .
Hammer

15th Dec 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't try and kid yourself that you're doing good for the community, your sole purpose is to generate income. The fact that you want to do that by entering into the care market is immaterial.

You will get £0.00 of lottery funding.
baza31

15th Dec 10 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course it's good for the community , it's good for the kids and good for the parents . There is no disabled centres near by . Have I said I would get funding? No I was asking a general question . And in my opinion I have as much chance as anyone else
Hammer

15th Dec 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus Christ

Like I said, good luck.
Nath

15th Dec 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't you just raid some more lofts to get the cash?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone know about national lottery funding? 22 database queries in 0.0136299 seconds