corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » any auto electricians on here or someone good with wiring....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author any auto electricians on here or someone good with wiring....
Bobber123

User status: Offline
   16th Dec 10 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had a bit of a nightmare with my astra mk4 electrics recently, the lights in my clocks stopped working, so did the centre console lights, heater switch bulbs etc. also my rear fogs stopped working but ive managed to sort them now, it was the block not pushed in place onto the back of the light switch unit. as for trying to find the cause of the dash lights not working, i dont have a clue. now... ive tried another 2 sets of clocks, another couple of light switch units and checked all the fuses, checked the plug on the back of the heater control unit but just cant find anything. now, when i switch the lights on, the bulbs in the light switch unit light up (headlight adjustment and the sliding dimmer dial) but nothing else. the light dimmer wont work, the light switch unit stays on full brightness where as when all the lights are working even the light switch unit dims also. all the other lights work on the dash, indicators, oil light, fog indicator etc. i have tried checking the connector that goes into the back of the speedo dials with a multimeter to check every terminal with the lights on and off but i dont see any voltage change on any terminal so that to me indicates there is no live getting to the dash bulbs at all.
sorry for the massive explination but i thought its best to let you know what ive tried so far,
any info is much appreciated,
Cheers,
Rob.
MarkSport

16th Dec 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what bulbs are they? led? if they are then the dimmer switch won't work, they should constantly stay on. also, i found out that most people put the new bulbs in and rush. on the back you need to make sure that the circuit board isnt trapped between the prongs.
Bobber123

16th Dec 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not a fault with the bulbs, its just got normal bulbs in, there just is no live going to the bulbs, ive ran out of ideas now!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » any auto electricians on here or someone good with wiring.... 22 database queries in 0.1333981 seconds