corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Team selections for FA Cup etc

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Team selections for FA Cup etc
Marc

User status: Offline
9th Jan 11 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should teams like Chelsea be commended for fielding full strength teams no matter the opposition? Other teams would probably pick a team based on who they are playing and possibly choose to rest certain players. Every time I see Chelsea play lesser opposition in the domestic cups they always play the full strength team.

Take us, we had to play the best team we could today as it was Liverpool, come the second round again Southampton I can see quite a few changes being made.

Its either they want to ensure they win the cup or they have no strength in depth
Pop

9th Jan 11 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We (Bolton) had to play a full strength team to get past York. In all seriousness a lot of teams are really up for the Cups and upsets happen very easily if the so called better teams don't take it seriously.

[Edited on 09-01-2011 by Pop]
Tommy L

9th Jan 11 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Chelsea did it today to 'boost' confidence more than anything. They may have being playing a shit championship team but banging a few goals in will do them good.

Rob_Quads

9th Jan 11 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Previously Chelsea has fielded weekended sides too its just it was not so noticable because of thier huge squad. They no longer have that big squad after getting rid of so many people recently. I think they had to put on a display because of the recent performances. If a weakend side was put out and they lost I think they would have been looking for a new manager.

I think if you can give some of your younger squad a game its a great way of them getting them expereience of the big match experience.
JonnyJ

9th Jan 11 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
We (Bolton) had to play a full strength team to get past York. In all seriousness a lot of teams are really up for the Cups and upsets happen very easily if the so called better teams don't take it seriously.

[Edited on 09-01-2011 by Pop]

Indeed, had you worried for a bit, enough to bring on Davies and Elmander and the class showed through in the end. Had you have played a team of kids we would have probably won so it was a wise selection by Coyle. Anything can happen in the FA Cup.
mwg

10th Jan 11 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I had my way we would play our strongest 11 for every game in every competition, put the game to bed, then bring on the youngsters when its out of reach for the other team...

Apart from when it's a game like the last group game in the Champions League and you know you are already through then its ok to put a weak team out as the result is meaningless.
Tommy L

10th Jan 11 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not being funny mwg, but your strongest team isn't that strong and can't put the other team out of reach
mwg

10th Jan 11 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We can put out a damn sight stronger team than we did at West Ham in CC No way West Ham would of beaten us with Rio, Vidic, Evra & Rafael starting.
Tommy L

10th Jan 11 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know you could of, there is no denying that Only team you've ripped apart is Rovers!

I'm just saying your team doesn't rip teams apart as it's not good enough to do it (apart from rovers )
Ojc

10th Jan 11 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
shit championship team

Wuuurrrtt???

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Team selections for FA Cup etc 23 database queries in 0.0116541 seconds