corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car cleaning day!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car cleaning day!
Norcy91

User status: Offline
   9th Jan 11 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i'm planning on cleaning this Punto i've got tomorrow to get a few decent pictures and put it on Auto Trader. Only problem is, the guy i bought it off went a bit over board with the polish and got it on a load of the plastics, making them nice and cloudy

I'm off down to Halfords to buy a couple of cleaning bits tomorrow morning, anyone got any ideas what i can use to get this off?

I'm also hoping to polish it from its current dark pink, to it's original red paint work without a machine polisher... Anybody recommend a polish to use? I've got plenty of AG Super Resin Polish but not sure if theres anything out there which is better for using on red paint? Cheers!
Piér

9th Jan 11 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the bumpers and plastics AG Bumper care gets it off really easy even says on the back that it does it
And for the red im guessing T-cut but I will leave that to Rich H as I've never had to try and get red paint back from pink
Ben G

9th Jan 11 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a rubber gets the white marks off plastics.
Norcy91

9th Jan 11 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads! I'll wait and see what Rich says as well... read on the detailing world site about AG Fast Glass getting the white marks off as well, might have a dig in the shed tomorrow and see if i have any hidden
Rich H

9th Jan 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how bad they are tbh, but yeh a rubber, or all purpose cleaner and a toothbrush. Then a trim dressing afterwards.

Re. paintwork, why didn't you say in your PM the other day?!

If by hand, yeh unfortunately something like T-Cut or AG Paint Renovator when the paintwork is faded and SRP isn't cutting it.
Norcy91

9th Jan 11 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Depends how bad they are tbh, but yeh a rubber, or all purpose cleaner and a toothbrush. Then a trim dressing afterwards.

Re. paintwork, why didn't you say in your PM the other day?!

If by hand, yeh unfortunately something like T-Cut or AG Paint Renovator when the paintwork is faded and SRP isn't cutting it.

I wasn't thinking at the time...

But thanks for the help again Rich! I'll see if they have any elbow grease for sale in halfords as well took me about 30 minutes to polish the bonnet alone the other day

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car cleaning day! 22 database queries in 0.0064299 seconds