corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tailgating

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tailgating
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Jan 11 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else seem to get this constantly? Particularly modified car owners. I'm getting sick to the back teeth with it now as its near enough every day now I get someone doing it to me!

Take tonight for example. I was just driving home from work, there was some traffic on one of the main roads going about 10mph. I was leaving a slight gap of about a cars length between me and the car in front. Next thing I know this van comes absolutely flying up behind me literally inches off my bumper. I thought they might have misjudged it or something so I carried on. But no it stayed glued to my arse, couldn't only just see the headlights in my mirror it was that close. The bloke then starts revving his engine at me so I slowed right down to a crawl which really pissed him off But being as he was so close his lights were blinding me so I sped back up in the end. He then starts signalling for me to pull over which I declined lol. I then turned off into my estate and he followed me so I swiftly fucked off as fast as I could and managed to lose him. Didn't fancy getting stabbed in the face tbh. The thing is he couldn't have been that much of a rush if he's got time to follow me round my estate?!

I never got this when I had my old standard 106. Its like people hate my car Anyone get it all the time?
mattk

18th Jan 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get it in the van, because its really really really really really slow, and on the M602 at 5pm you HAVE to be in the outside lane to avoid the traffic joining the M60 for about 2 miles

I give as much as I get though im afraid
Ojc

18th Jan 11 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VXR attracted imbeciles
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be expected mate if you start playing games with tailgaters, they loose their minds and want to have a roadside fight. Plenty of road warriors out there.
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Modified cars draw attention, on a way I'll be glad to get rid of mine and drive a normal car for a while, a car I can jump in and not give a fuck about where I park or if anyone hits me or anything.
Jamie-C

18th Jan 11 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one tailgates me in the jeep
naz-gsi

18th Jan 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

snap shaun all the time but fk them
i pull over wait till theyjump out then BOOT it LOL
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had it happen to me a couple of times Shaun,i just want to go out and enjoy driving it but i can't because i'm constantly looking in my mirrors at the arse hole behind me

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Jas

18th Jan 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I hate it, normally tap the breaks slightly

Why do people want stone chips.

Or floor it so the car spins and sprays stones on them
Scotty C

18th Jan 11 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just dab the brakes, they get the idea
SportBoy

18th Jan 11 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just try to ignore them.

edit or if its on the motorway and im in the corsa il have a game of lets see whos faster

[Edited on 18-01-2011 by SportBoy]
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
i just want to go out and enjoy driving it but i can't because i'm constantly looking in my mirrors at the arse hole behind me

Same here mate. After being driving into the back of 3 times (twice because of twats being too close) I'm very paranoid and am constantly checking my rear mirror.

Willay your not wrong there! This bloke looked like he was about to start foaming at the mouth people need to chillll
Ben G

18th Jan 11 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

happend to me before and i pulled over and went to get out and they bottled it and drove off

little gay asian
ed

18th Jan 11 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just slow down to about 5mph below the speed limit. It doesn't piss me off remotely but you can tell they're getting proper rage on as their standard of driving usually drops significantly. If they hit me then they're going to get FUCKED.
Crana

18th Jan 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happens to me I just go extra slow to piss them off and go fast when they try to overtake
FAZ
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reminds me of that thread "what weapons have you got"

people had monkey wrejches etc in their door pockets haha

bute yes i agree
BarnshaW

18th Jan 11 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, all the time, people just want to race around here.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Crana
Happens to me I just go extra slow to piss them off and go fast when they try to overtake

I love doing this but they usually overtake me

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sometimes wish my exhaust would shoot flames. they'd soon back off then lol. Glad to hear im not the only one who gets it though!
Brett
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the time and it's annoying as fuck. Everyone's got something to prove it seems. They usually get the old brake test treatment then start flashing their lights widly, whilst keeping a new distance
GTM

18th Jan 11 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sometimes think i should wire a separate break light in my rear window to a switch on the dash for just this reason, flick it on but carry on moving.
8vcorsa

18th Jan 11 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my m8 when his clio 1.8 16v (my old clio) is on the road people come right up his arse so he makes it spit flames and they soon back off and as already said tap the brakes so the brake lights come on if they go into you its there fault init and they dont seem to do it that much when im in my corsa probably because a few people know it around here now x
Kurt

18th Jan 11 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tailgating doesn't annoy me as much as incorrectly adjusted headlights and faulty bulbs and fogs on

Go to halfords and get a bulb you lazy fucks!
Brett
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GTM
I sometimes think i should wire a separate break light in my rear window to a switch on the dash for just this reason, flick it on but carry on moving.

I've thought the same! Would love that, shit people right up haha
GTM

18th Jan 11 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:
Originally posted by GTM

I've thought the same! Would love that, shit people right up haha

Be a piece of piss to do, think i may give it a bash.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tailgating 23 database queries in 0.0107231 seconds