corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Not sure what to make of this Re: Alien Prequels

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not sure what to make of this Re: Alien Prequels
Ojc

User status: Offline
20th Jan 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/jan/17/alien-prequel-ridley-scott-prometheus

So does that mean it's going to be Aliens related or not?

TBH I'm fucked off, I wanted to know about the Space Jockey.
Ojc

20th Jan 11 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adiohead

20th Jan 11 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no
sc0ott

20th Jan 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alien is shit.
Ojc

20th Jan 11 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
no
sc0ott

20th Jan 11 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going by the amount of interest shown i think its safe to say i have spoken for everyone else.
MoesTavern

20th Jan 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Going by the amount of interest shown i think its safe to say i have spoken for everyone else.

Not all of us live on the internet.

I'm in 2 minds about this to be honest, on the one hand I would be wary of Ridley shitting on his Alien legacy by making a sub-standard prequel. Which going by his recent efforts would be the most likely outcome.
On the other hand I REALLY want a new Alien movie.

Jambo

20th Jan 11 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im with Moe.
Ojc

20th Jan 11 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as
SetH

20th Jan 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ollie I have been scouring the Net the last few days after first reading that Story. I am a little confused and a little concerned although I think ridley has pretty much thought that the arse fell out of the Aliens franchise when the A vs P abomination was made (that 18yr old lads seem to wank over). Perhaps he wants to go in a new direction?
Marc

20th Jan 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit shit as I was looking forward to an origin story.

I'm all for anything new from Ridley, I'm just not sure on the "strands of Alien DNA". I'm not keen on seeing a film which isn't Alien related making the viewer think "ah, that reminds me of Alien"
Jambo

20th Jan 11 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's anything like as bad as Robin hood I will be walking out
SetH

20th Jan 11 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a party in ojc's ass and everyone is invited
adiohead

21st Jan 11 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love Alien films and used to frequent Alien War when it was in London all the time.

It should be a prequel imo.

[Edited on 21-01-2011 by adiohead]
Ojc

21st Jan 11 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't care if the film is shit Ridley Scott, I just want an explantion as to why those two alien species are on a crashed ship on LV426.
adiohead

21st Jan 11 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That ship is what I want to learn about too.

3CorsaMeal

21st Jan 11 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like the headgasket went to me
A1EX

21st Jan 11 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I don't care if the film is shit Ridley Scott, I just want an explantion as to why those two alien species are on a crashed ship on LV426.

Tbh he probably doesnt know himself
Ojc

21st Jan 11 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's all I want to know.

Do you know if Comics were ever written about it? I know they done a comic called 'Newts Tale' which I have a brief synopsis here

I've got Newt's tale somewhere, and in it whilst in the infirmary, and after Newt's dad wkes up post-hugging, the doctor/medic, turns to Newt's mum and says that a team was sent out to investigate the derelict. Newt's father gets angry about the posibility of losing his claim, but the doctor tells him to calm down, suprised that he should be so worked up after 'playing kiss face to a lobster for 24 hours'. Newt's mum asks what happened to the team sent to the derelic, just as another man runs in to inform them that the team is back, and 'they brought friends' just as another colonist is brought in on a stretcher with a facehugger attatched. Mean while we can see in the background Newt's dad in trouble, when finally he screams as the the chestburter rather dramatically emerges (he is bare chested, the picture is very graffic, ribs etc flying everywhere!) The alien pauses for a few second infront of the shocked colonists (the doctor is sick!) and then runs/slides away.

The really sad part is that Newt is actually in the airvent at the time and as such witnesses the horrific death of her father....

And just for anyone interested, the comic goes on to show what happens to the rest of the colonists. As they prepare the barricade for the famous last stand, they are in contact with an armed team sent to destroy the nest (armed with pistols and shotguns, though in the novel pulse rifle bullet holes are mentioned when the marines arrive, these are not shown in the comic.)

Before being cut off the leader of the team says they have found the nest and seen what 'the creatures are doing to the others (colonists) and the live stock.'

Before the maines arrival we see the final battle, in which the aliens actually trick the colonists into opening the barricade, by letting the teams leader survive just long enough outside to fire some shots and alert the colonists to his presence. There is a struggle as the leader of the colonists, who wants the barricade to remain is subdued by the others who claim they 'don't leave people behind'. It is all the more poiniant as the leader shouts 'think! There are women and children here!!'

So of course the guy outside is dead, the aliens pour into the room and kill or capture everyone. Newt's mum makes the decision to shoot Newt and Timmy (her brother) rather than let them be captured. Newt says that they can get away in the airducts. Just as the kids climb inside, their mother is grabbed and gored by an alien. Timmy drops out of the duct and scoops up his mothers pistol and rather heroicly tries to save her, only first to be drenched in acid from the alien he shoots in the head (good shot for a 12 year old) and then scooped up and presumably head bitten (like the mother this happens just off 'screen' undoutably because the scene of a child being killed would be far too disturbing) Before Newt runs away she looks at her mothers fallen body ( a gratuitous close up of half her head missing) and screams that she said that 'she would never leave me!!" The aliens turn to her, but she escapes in the ducts.

What was even more disturbing is that as the colonists were moving to the barricade, several small children are seen, many in the arms of their parents. Would they be big enough for facehugger/chestbursters, or were they just killed outright? Still makes me shiver thinking about it.....

Phew, enjoy...

P.S Comics are NOT cannon, and I am aware of this. Never the less, 'Newt's Tale' is, I feel, quite a realistic vision of what may have happened. It certainly doesn't pull any punches. Newt witnesses the grim deaths of each of her family members.....

'Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen....'
Ojc

21st Jan 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dark Horse done the comics in the 90's
A1EX

21st Jan 11 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im pretty sure i read newts tale somewhere, and the only aliens comic ive got is Harvest
Ojc

21st Jan 11 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suggest you read the scripts that are avaliable online for Alien3

Some of them are amazing and could well have been such a different film, thats not to say that Alien3 isn't a good film but the idea of Hicks still being alive gives me a twitch in my pants.
A1EX

21st Jan 11 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that the William Gibson one?
Ojc

21st Jan 11 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oooh you done it now, I'm going to have to do a google search and then I'll be reading them all day
Ojc

21st Jan 11 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://home.online.no/~bhundlan/scripts/alien3/

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Not sure what to make of this Re: Alien Prequels 22 database queries in 0.0145609 seconds