corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Starter Motor Problem & EML issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Starter Motor Problem & EML issue
Bissmire

User status: Offline
28th Jan 11 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im after a bit of help with my Corsa, it has an x18xe1 smallblock fitted.

Problem 1: Around 6 months ago, I had a problem with the starter motor. I would turn the key, and the starter would make one loud 'click' sound, and then nothing. I had a new starter motor fitted that solved the problem, until now. The same thing is happening, any ideas what it could be?

The thing that stumps me is that it will work intermittently. This morning it started fine, but the two days previous I have had to bump it. My first thought was earth strap, but it looks secure.

Problem 2: When I start my car from cold it is fine, but as soon as it starts to warm up, or I leave the car idling for 30 seconds or so, the EML comes on and the idle becomes lumpy. The car then feels slightly boggy in the low revs, and when it comes down the revs to idle, it bounces between 600 and 1100 rpm. Through the rev range it is fine, but makes it a bit annoying in stop start traffic as I have to try and control the idle with the accelerator.

Has anyone had similar issues, or know what could be up?
Bissmire

28th Jan 11 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone?
AlexW

28th Jan 11 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remove and clean the earth strap or try a jump lead from the engine (Hoist point is usually a good one) onto the neg of the battery, When its not working obviously.

Have you tried flashing the fault code, First thing id do with the EML on!
Bissmire

28th Jan 11 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to look at the earth strap tomorrow so I hope it is that...

I've had a diagnostics machine plugged in but brought up nothing. Is flashing the ECU different?

New Poll