corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » :( crashed

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author :( crashed
Root

User status: Offline
31st Jan 11 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last night was on the way to work, it's like a 12 mile journey, made it all the way up until the docks where I work and decided to overtake a clio..there's a verge that I couldn't see on the other side of the road, then as I pull out and begin the overtake, see headlights coming towards me, decide against overtaking and hit the brakes. This put the steering out and into the curb, then I spun about 3/4 times...so I get out the car to see a post with concrete at the base and think I've hit this, then see a really big electric box sitting 10 feet from where it used to be.

Cars pretty totalled but I really liked it and would like you're advise about rescuing it...I know there's chassis damage, but how much? I'm ok, bit of whiplash n slight back pain

Somehow all the damage from the post / electric box all hit the front end despite spinning.

Another pic of her looking very upset

Where I hit the curb

Here's the post, I don't think it was secured in the ground properly anyway.

and the mystery electric box..

In this pic you can see the live wires where the electric box used to be..

Just very glad to be alive, if I'd have hit them objects from the door instead of the bonnet/engine block, it'd be a very different story. Think I'm in trouble but just happy to be alive
Russ

31st Jan 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

karma for badmouthing iPhones..

p.s. hope you're not broken
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Jan 11 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unlucky, that electric box wont be cheap to fix either atleast you're ok, car is just a lump of metal at the end of the day.
Eck
Premium Member

31st Jan 11 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you're ok fella. But if you drive that road all the time, surely you know there is a verge? And sorry to say, that car is fucked.
Nath

31st Jan 11 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll get raped for the price of that box thing.
mattk

31st Jan 11 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no rescuing that car, its fucked is my diagnosis

glad your ok though, I overtake nothing on my way to work, do all that on the way home
Root

31st Jan 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks everyone for support messages.
Yeah I know the box is expensive..

The verge is very slight tbh, I hadn't noticed it before
AndyKent

31st Jan 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Proper job that. Can't you just hand everything over to the insurance company and let them deal with it?

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
I overtake nothing on my way to work, do all that on the way home

Same, I'm never in that much of a rush to get to work
Root

31st Jan 11 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Proper job that. Can't you just hand everything over to the insurance company and let them deal with it?

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
I overtake nothing on my way to work, do all that on the way home

Same, I'm never in that much of a rush to get to work

funny thing was I was in a rush before I got down this road, checked the time, I'm literally round the corner from work and have 10 minutes, but I think the adrenaline from rushing a minute ago caused me to decide to overtake..It's a lesson very well learnt, as I said if it'd of took the damage through the door or flipped when it hit the curb, I'd not be so lucky to walk away with whiplash n a bit of back pain.

Root

31st Jan 11 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could I sell the salvagable parts second hand and weigh the car in for scrap metal? I don't think a scrapyard will give me a penny for it lol
Ronson

31st Jan 11 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
Could I sell the salvagable parts second hand and weigh the car in for scrap metal? I don't think a scrapyard will give me a penny for it lol

You'll get some money for the car in a scrap yard, and yeah I'd say sell the salvageable parts on to free up some money.
Mike GSi

31st Jan 11 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where abouts was the verge? it looks like a straight busy road. Also you must have been fairly committed to overtaking to hit the curb with the off side wheel
Root

31st Jan 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike GSi
Where abouts was the verge? it looks like a straight busy road. Also you must have been fairly committed to overtaking to hit the curb with the off side wheel

that's the drivers side rear wheel
mattk

31st Jan 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you take the shell to a scrap yard it will end up in a less car shaped chunk of metal than that, you will get summat for it
Root

31st Jan 11 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike GSi

that's the drivers side rear wheel

The verge bit is behind the camera, it's slight. I don't think I was that "commited", I think I saw the headlights pretty far away and panicked
Fro

31st Jan 11 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

scrap will go on weight not condition. depending how much you strip you should get around £100 (i've not check the prices for a while could be more or could be less.)
Root

31st Jan 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
quote:

scrap will go on weight not condition. depending how much you strip you should get around £100 (i've not check the prices for a while could be more or could be less.)

ok cheers. Thinking about stripping the interior, rear lights, there's not much more left lol
Fro

31st Jan 11 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to see you crashed it by the way
Steve
Premium Member

31st Jan 11 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear about this Root
Ste M

31st Jan 11 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nasty that. Glad you're ok Root

Agreed though, car is buggered - but on the bright side, all the more reason to start over
Brett
Premium Member

31st Jan 11 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet the person in the clio was pissing

At least you're ok.
Root

31st Jan 11 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Bet the person in the clio was pissing

At least you're ok.

well I hadn't even got level with him, but after I spun etc, I could see his brake lights came on, then he continued to drive off, I know who it was, fucking selfish wanker

thanks guys. drive safe
Cavey

31st Jan 11 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even worse a feeling when you do this and know it was your fault Did it a couple of times years ago when I was a lot younger, you live and learn.

Unlucky
Root

31st Jan 11 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Even worse a feeling when you do this and know it was your fault Did it a couple of times years ago when I was a lot younger, you live and learn.

Unlucky

yup, nobody else involved, just me so it can't be anyone elses fault. Was lusting after this car for years, it was my brothers and I loved the colour..had it 2 days and this

onwards and upwards
Jamie-C

31st Jan 11 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RIP Apple green Corsa

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » :( crashed 22 database queries in 0.0171380 seconds