corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Finding motivation, and what to start off with

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Finding motivation, and what to start off with
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 11 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After trying p90x/insanity for a few days now and again, ive decided its way to much for me.

Im SERIOUSLY unfit. My legs ache like crazy just doing 1 bodyweight squat. Which is weird considering i have a pretty taxing job.

Whats the best thing to start of with to get me in the mood to carry on.

Im not interested in joining the gym and getting big muscles, just want to get a bit fitter, so i can then start the p90x dvds.

Im thinking about biking for as long as i can round the local roads, maybe small jog, along with some bodyweight excersizes? Or do i just do as much as i can of the insanity work outs 2-3 times a week to begin with?

Opinions

[Edited on 02-02-2011 by Dan]

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Russ

2nd Feb 11 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's because your body is not used to it and your getting negative too quickly imo.

everyone on here who did p90x said first week is a nightmare and by 3rd week its much easier. your using muscles you've not used before/on a regular basis
Dan
Premium Member

2nd Feb 11 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, in a way i guess so. I no longer have any pull up equipment, so think ill do insanity. Do a bit each day to get me back into it

Dan
Premium Member

2nd Feb 11 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure u fuckers can come up with more than this...

Cavey

2nd Feb 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're struggling with insanity/p90, start with something easier and build your way up to the crazy stuff?
Conway563

2nd Feb 11 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm starting interval training tonight as need to get my cardio up. Meant to be the best way to go about it and doesn't take too much time

Day 1
Walk/Jog 20 mins
(walk 2, jog 2)
5x knee press ups
5x dorsal raise
5x chair dips
5x sit ups

Day 3
Warm up
Sprint 30 sec
Rest 2 mins
Repeat x5
Cool Down

Day 5
Walk/Jog 20 mins
(walk 1, jog 3)
5x knee press ups
5x dorsal raise
5x chair dips
5x sit ups

Day 7
Warm up
Sprint 30 sec
Rest 2 mins
Repeat x6
Cool Down

Day 9
Jog 15 mins
7x knee press ups
7x dorsal raise
7x chair dips
7x sit ups

Day 11
Warm up
Sprint 1 min
Rest 2 mins
Repeat x5
Cool Down

Day 13
Jog 15 mins

7x knee press ups
7x dorsal raise
7x chair dips
7x sit ups
(Do this twice)

Day 15
Warm up
Sprint 1 min
Rest 1 min
Repeat x5
Cool Down

Warm up:
Walk/jog for 2 minutes
Controlled rotation of shoulders and hips for 2 minutes
Increased pace jogging or skipping for 2-3 minutes
Light stretching for 4-5 seconds on each stretch

Cool down:
Reduced pace jogging or walking for 2-3 minutes
Hold stretches for 10-20 seconds
Dan
Premium Member

2nd Feb 11 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, what to do tho? excersize dvds ive seen years ago, other than p90x etc are shit. Is there anything like p90x but alot tamer :/

I have a push bike, so might start getting up early and going out on it for a while.

My legs are so bad. They ache all the while when i do anything. I read it may be tight muscles. Prehaps i need yoga

Laney

2nd Feb 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to exercise with other people ...
Dan
Premium Member

2nd Feb 11 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i get motivated, and do something i enjoy, i can do it fine. Im just that unfit, that when i try jog/run/bike/excersise, im fucked before i start and just give it up.

I like that plan! looks like summit i could do without the gym!

Tom G

2nd Feb 11 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to get fucked jogging for 3 minutes! not i can jog 3-4 miles
Dan
Premium Member

2nd Feb 11 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats your story then tom...

How did u do it

Tom G

2nd Feb 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do as much as you can as often as you can...Don't get put off by things just because you're not very good at etc!

Go out for a run and jog as far as you can and then try walking for a bit before you turn around and head back, majority of the time you can run that little bit further.It all adds up
Dr Pepper

2nd Feb 11 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive started running recently.... can honestly say I still have to force myself to do it every evening, and the first 10 minutes is always hard .... as soon as you get properly warm, and you breathing settles into a rythym ..it then becomes enjoyable .... I force myself through the first bit as I know it makes you feel great after. I couldnt run half a mile without stopping to begin with ... im now up to about 3 or four miles at a decent pace before ive had enough.... the rate of improvement was suprising

Same with weights -- first set of squats are always terrible for me... even on low starting weight... exactly the same with the bench. Once you are in the groove its then much easier to pound yourself into the ground.

Basic truth is that its hard working out, you have to want to do it, and even then you have to have the discipline- thats why I was so shit at it for 20 years ... once you force yourself to do it, it gets easier and more rewarding.

My problem with p90x isnt that it doesnt work..it does, calories in v calories out with moderate resistance is always going to work .... but it wouldnt work for me, it just isnt very enjoyable to do imo, and is too intensive - just looking at the schedule and workouts puts me off.

imo p90x is needed if you are looking to make rapid changes, or shed that last couple of pounds of fat ...but for most people, it is not sustainable, and you are better off doing a more balanced, progressive training over a longer peroid of time(permanantly basically) Personally I dont see the need for p90x ... if you go for a few runs, and stgay committed in the weights room, combine it with a healthy diet you are laughing...you dont need a name for it or a painstaking schedule...just get on with it.

[Edited on 02-02-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Conway563

7th Feb 11 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
I like that plan! looks like summit i could do without the gym!

I've just done day 5 and although I was really struggling by the end I'm definitely seeing improvements already in both my endurance and recovery times
Dan
Premium Member

7th Feb 11 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im pretty ill today, was thinking of starting something today. But i can barely move

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Finding motivation, and what to start off with 24 database queries in 0.0145609 seconds