corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Some people don't get what they deserve...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Some people don't get what they deserve...
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Feb 11 at 00:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Met a couple of guys in the pub tonight. One with serible paulsey (spelling fail) one able bodied.

Both sound lads. Turned out one was a carer for the other. Devotes every minuet of every day caring for the disabled guy, but gets paid fuck all.

It really annoyed me that someone willing to basically give up their life for someone else is not much better off than being on the dole.

The guy is a legend in my eyes. I wish I met more people like this.

DannyB
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why doesn't he get carers allowence, or paid via the council or whatever? someone doing that should be paid, it's obvious the guy needs carers and there's people out there that fund it.
Gary
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 00:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He gets carers allowance. But by the sounds of it is fuck all. Obv he'll get free rent/bills, but that ain't enuff IMO for what he does
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 00:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree, it's a job people deserve much more credit for than they actually get.
Gary
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 00:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed.

I mean, if your work asked you to work 24/7 365 days a year, what would you want paying?! It equates to over 50k a year on minimum wage!
Ben J

4th Feb 11 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hero. I couldn't do it.
Robo C20Let

4th Feb 11 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont worry lads the footballers on £250,000 a week really get what they deserve.

this country is fucked up really

fair play to him for doing that must take some will power if i was rich i would start my own chairty so they can get more money
Pablo

4th Feb 11 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand football is a business these days not a sport when it comes to finances, but completely agree these are the guys that should get paid the real money!
sc0ott

4th Feb 11 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robo C20Let
dont worry lads the footballers on £250,000 a week really get what they deserve.

this country is fucked up really

fair play to him for doing that must take some will power if i was rich i would start my own chairty so they can get more money

Strongly agree.
But its more than just the uk that has over paid footballers and under paid people that do jobs like this.
morpheus22

4th Feb 11 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pablo
I understand football is a business these days not a sport when it comes to finances, but completely agree these are the guys that should get paid the real money!

me and my mate at work was saying this last night
emicen

4th Feb 11 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the marshals at Knockhill was a cared for his mother until she passed away last year. You couldn't meet a nicer guy, only talked to him a couple of times on a forum and once in person yet he pinged me on Facebook after my big smash at the first race of the year to make sure I was ok etc

His mum passed away last year and he's had all sorts of shit from the social and don't think he was getting much out them in the first place.

I have huge respect for anyone who can dedicate their lives in that manner.
3CorsaMeal

4th Feb 11 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have a few mental people around town, two of them i went to school with.

i chat to them, one is really messed up, but loves cars, everytime i see him he asks me "how fast i've been" and i always tell him different speeds as whatever i say he just tells me he went faster in his mates car last week

still, i like speaking to him and alot of other people almost slate me because of that i can't believe the amount of people nearing 30yrs old that are still acting like school bullies

have heard "why you bother speaking to him, he's thick as shit" and things like that
Hammer

4th Feb 11 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For some people pounds, shillings and pence isn't the be all and end all.

Respect to them for that.
Xs

4th Feb 11 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robo C20Let

ARGH! Don't get me started on the footballers wages debate, its a fucking disgrace.
3CorsaMeal

4th Feb 11 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they pay alot into the tax system and setup charities etc

being a footballer really does take over your life, its not a 9-5 job

i couldn't be fecked with it all, even for the money
Hammer

4th Feb 11 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A footballers life is being paid millions to do the thing you love. You're right it's not a 9 to 5 job, they're up the road for lunchtime and have the rest of the day to golf/play the X Box and shag as many women as they like

[Edited on 04-02-2011 by Hammer]
Cavey

4th Feb 11 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree they deserve a lot more recognition for what they do, I couldn't do it. My sister is in a shared home with a few other people with her learning difficulties and the carers are brilliant

But they don't do it for the money, they do it to help people out, they know the pay when they go into it.

Same as the Army, Nurses etc... do they deserve more money? Probably, but they knew how much they would be getting paid when they took the job.

Footballers (in general) getting paid vast amounts generate vast amounts for their employers therefore making them worth the money they are paid, unfortunate but true.
Brett
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
they pay alot into the tax system and setup charities etc

Like they pay tax through choice Not to mention they'll all have their own companies and be paying as little as possible. Charity work is PR and nothing more too. Footballers are overpaid wankers and it's only the brain-dead supporters who've put them up on that pedestal in the first place.

[Edited on 04-02-2011 by loafofbrett]
Hammer

4th Feb 11 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jealous?
Brett
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not at all, are you? I can have an opinion on something without it meaning I'm jealous you know. If I had the slightest interest in football then I would've trained hard and done my best to be a footballer and get paid a fortune to kick a ball around a pitch with other sweaty men.
Hammer

4th Feb 11 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, very. I would give a testicle to be a footballer as I love the game and I would love to be paid to do it. Unfortunately it isn't quite as simple as just trying your best or else I would be a footballer myself.

Calling all football players 'overpaid wankers' and folk that watch football 'brain-dead' is fucking ridiculous as well you know.
Brett
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL I'm entitled to an opinion and jealous I'm not, must be horrid.
SetH

4th Feb 11 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett are you from Pakistan?
ed

4th Feb 11 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to western society, exit through the giftshop
Root

4th Feb 11 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody gets what they deserve in this life.

my mum's a really good person, never been a troublecauser, arrested, or owt. A real good person, she got breast cancer.

All shitty things happen to the best people. Nothing bad happens to bad people. Joke

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Some people don't get what they deserve... 22 database queries in 0.0152910 seconds