corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bonnet lifters

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bonnet lifters
bigron1988

User status: Offline
20th Feb 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a carbon bonnet on my corsa and bought a set of bonnet lifters for it, when i attached them and went to shut the bonnet the lifters were to strong and the bonnet started creaking so didnt shut it , i contacted the supplyers of the bonnet and they said that i need to get ones with less pressure , had a google and it only comes up with ebay links does any one know of any suppliers that i could get in contact with ( not inxx ) also cant just use a normal bonnet stay as the bracket has been cut of before painting
thanks
corsav6_mut

20th Feb 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The lad who I bought my carbon bonnet off had litters and his flipped up on him he ended up fitting locking bonnet pins to stop it happening again but iv heard there all useless
Stu-G

20th Feb 11 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just use one, that what I did before I lent on it when I did a gearbox change on mine and I worked fine just need to apply more pressure over the side with the lifter on
SamCorsaB

20th Feb 11 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure you havnt put them on up-side down?
bigron1988

20th Feb 11 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have tried one and the bonnet was just creaking so didnot want to shut incase it cracket the bonnet ,

btw got bonnet pins on it already
alan-g-w

20th Feb 11 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd be able to use a lifter from the boot of a car, go down the scrappy get one and just cut and join the INXX ends onto it. Get one off a Micra or something that's got a dead light tailgate on it.

[Edited on 20-02-2011 by alan-g-w]
DERV-POWER

20th Feb 11 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use omega ones http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?126640-How-2-Fit-Omega-Hydraulic-Bonnet-Lifters-Onto-Most-Vauxhalls

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bonnet lifters 22 database queries in 0.0173581 seconds