corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Snapped and rounded bolts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Snapped and rounded bolts
billy_t15

User status: Offline
20th Feb 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i own an original mini and today i snapped two heads of the bolts and rounded one on the rear subframe, the car is un moveable until i rectify this,

can anyone give me any ideas on how i can get the bolts out?
alan-g-w

20th Feb 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drill if you can get in. If not a hammer and small, sharp chisel to try and turn it. Drill is the easiest way though, just make sure you have the centre
Fro

20th Feb 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Subframe bolt i'd try to smash a socket you no longer want onto it. head bolts try and drill into them and go from there.

[Edited on 20-02-2011 by fro-dizzle]
Ste
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a few options really.

First is using a good set of easy outs. But if you snap one of those off in there you won't drill it out!! First get it soaked in WD40 for at least 24 hours, adding it as often as you can.

Other option is using a drill and re-tapping the thread,

Another way is to weld some bar to it.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
andyc1234

20th Feb 11 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i normally weld another nut/bolt to whatever i round off
billy_t15

20th Feb 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've tried the sockets and it's Just fucking them up the thing is, they are original parts in tryna remove and they are moulded in basically!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Snapped and rounded bolts 23 database queries in 0.0118189 seconds