corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone work in the car Warranty/insurance business? MAPFRE ABRAXAS in question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone work in the car Warranty/insurance business? MAPFRE ABRAXAS in question
richc

User status: Offline
21st Feb 11 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically my car has extended warranty with some shit (so far) company called MAPFRE / ABRAXAS.

Everytime i have spoken to them (3 times this last working week), its always an arrogant, pedantic male who always wants to refer me to 'nationwide auto centres'. All they do is convince me of how and why i should not want to take it to anywhere else. I have spoken to 3 different people on the occasions ive rang, and found it funny how they all give a similar speech but quoting different time scales and through in large figure money terms into there aswell as a scare tactic.

I figured them have a collaboration with this 'quick fit' style place. I googled 'nationwide auto centers', and proceeded to read 71 reviews. Some interesting ones, including ones from ex-employees. I think 64 of them were extremely negative and 'avoid like plague' being common place. Another person took it one step further saying he is filling a law suite against them, as they do not comply with some 'UK MOTORING REPAIR STANDARD ACT' or something to that nature. One ex-service manager said they work on a sales related pay, hence they scamming of doing work to peoples cars that didn't need doing etc, which is where the bulk of the negative reviews came from.

Having mentioned the above, there was a era of silence, and took cut the chase, i said i wanted to take it to my local renault dealer. Before even asking which dealer i was talking about, i got the 'we haven't got an account with them', and was referred back to the 'nationwide auto centers'.

Now i've told you my little story, does anyone know if they also work on a pay or bonus system with regards sending customers there?

I found their manor unusually pushy to say the least!

John

21st Feb 11 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got the documents?

It's entirely possible it has to go where they say.
richc

21st Feb 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Have you got the documents?

It's entirely possible it has to go where they say.

Yes. When i was sold the policy the sales person said anywhere as long as its VAT registered.

The actual document states i take the car to a garage, get a diagnosis and report. I then ring MAPFRE /ABRAXAS up (or the garage) and then they authorize the work to be carried out. It doesn't say anything about I 'MUST' take it to where they suggest.

The second time i rang, i got specifically got told i 'Must' take it to nationwide auto centers until I queried them about this and quoted the policy terms and conditions. Then when i spoke to them again today, it he said 'you were advised to go to nationwide', to which i said i want to take it to Renault and thats where the mood of the claims person changed dramatically.

Forgot to mention, having being told 'we haven't' got and account with your Renault dealer (despite the fact he asked me after this statement what the name of it was), i rang them and was told 'yes we have an account and know the procedure.'.

Its the lies and in-continuity between 'facts' that would suggest to me they were on a sales based or targets based pay package and really don't car about customer care. I could of got the total wrong end of the stick, so to speak, but I just found then very pushy!
T21SVJ

21st Feb 11 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nationwide centres do work on a bouns system, they earn bonus if the total repair cost go over a certain amount, youve got to think of nationwide auto centres as a retailer they have targets and very high 1ns aswell, they have just been taken over by Halfords aswell so the targets have just got harder.

The one i used to work next door to had some brilliant mehcanics though, but it didnt stop them moaning about how they are all pushed for more.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone work in the car Warranty/insurance business? MAPFRE ABRAXAS in question 22 database queries in 0.0201850 seconds