corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Damage Repairables? Where From?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Damage Repairables? Where From?
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Feb 11 at 01:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As titled really, now i'm back working i fancy punting the Clio.

Wouldnt mind trying to get my hands on a Cat C/D Astra VXR.

Where are all these secret places you chaps get such from.

And if you want to post saying it'll never drive right blah because its been in a bump you can kindly sod off, had plenty cars that have been recorded and drove no differently to the next

chrisritch

26th Feb 11 at 01:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask the guy who got the focus rs for pence
Ben G

26th Feb 11 at 01:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

copart is a good one. my group leader gets all his motors from there.
Archie
Premium Member

26th Feb 11 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
copart is a good one. my group leader gets all his motors from there.

Good man, Cheers

Archie
Premium Member

26th Feb 11 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
ask the guy who got the focus rs for pence

Ben G

26th Feb 11 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a blue cat d astra vxr on copart, looks pretty mullered
Archie
Premium Member

26th Feb 11 at 02:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a peek at it there.

I'll keep an eye om copart for now, just an idea floating about in my head really, i'd be content with a VXR for a couple of years i think
mike56gte

26th Feb 11 at 02:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i check copart every week as they havea yard close by to me. some real cheap cars go through.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
26th Feb 11 at 02:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really depends on whether you can fix it on the cheap. Copart is good for tatty old stuff that you can lash panels on and have a working car but on the whole everything newer is an entirely more serious proposition. Contrary to what most sellers will tell you they don't get written off for minor things unless you're very lucky indeed. The rest of them are there because the industry wasn't otherwise interested, ie it's a big job.

Don't wish to put you off but do your maths first. If you're paying for labour I would probably say you're not going to come out on the right side.
Mertin

26th Feb 11 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres overton scrappys in Aberdeen, bit far for you maybe but worth it if you got a bargain. They have stuff listed on their site
A2H GO

26th Feb 11 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Really depends on whether you can fix it on the cheap. Copart is good for tatty old stuff that you can lash panels on and have a working car but on the whole everything newer is an entirely more serious proposition. Contrary to what most sellers will tell you they don't get written off for minor things unless you're very lucky indeed. The rest of them are there because the industry wasn't otherwise interested, ie it's a big job.

Don't wish to put you off but do your maths first. If you're paying for labour I would probably say you're not going to come out on the right side.

Agreed, even with my old man owing a bodyshop and only the cost of materials, a lot of the time you just about break even, bearing in mind the sale price of a recorded car is going to be around 30% less than non-recorded equivilent.
apt1986

26th Feb 11 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would it be ok buying a car from copart for say just the engine? Noticed alot of Vectra B with 1.8 (x18xe1) engines, presuming they're still running of course?
Sean8v

26th Feb 11 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ther is a auction for this kind of Stuff not far from me . Could find out some info if u were interested ?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

26th Feb 11 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ebay
bluecycle (have to be a member but can still view)

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Archie
Premium Member

26th Feb 11 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sean8v
Ther is a auction for this kind of Stuff not far from me . Could find out some info if u were interested ?

Aye that'd be sound

Only labour costs would be painting and jigging, any mechanical work gets done by myself.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Feb 11 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Painting is a big expense though. I don't mind taking on mechanical stuff but paint wipes out any margin that might be there.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Feb 11 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by apt1986
Would it be ok buying a car from copart for say just the engine? Noticed alot of Vectra B with 1.8 (x18xe1) engines, presuming they're still running of course?
They do sometimes label them with whether they start and run but you still have no come-back as such.

That's probably not a bad idea as if you strip it you stand to make some money back on the other bits and scrap metal is a good price at the moment so you might get a cheap engine.

Only caveat being that if they're damaged badly enough to be cheap to buy they may be Cat B which you need a licence to buy.

C & D are OK to buy but they'll be more expensive because it's not as serious. Although in the case of a Vectra B you're not taking loads of money anyway.
apt1986

26th Feb 11 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by apt1986
They do sometimes label them with whether they start and run but you still have no come-back as such.

That's probably not a bad idea as if you strip it you stand to make some money back on the other bits and scrap metal is a good price at the moment so you might get a cheap engine.

Only caveat being that if they're damaged badly enough to be cheap to buy they may be Cat B which you need a licence to buy.

C & D are OK to buy but they'll be more expensive because it's not as serious. Although in the case of a Vectra B you're not taking loads of money anyway.

Yeah that's what i thought, had a look through Auto trader the other night and can now pick up a Vectra B 1.8 for around 500 quid with tax/test, so if i can get hold of a vectra b damaged/repairable with running engine your laughing.
belton

26th Feb 11 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a cat D vxr on eBay (I think) for 6.5k at tge mo. I agree with whoever said new cars are a different ball game when it comes to repairs now. And tge amount of sensors etc in new cars in tge front bumper alone will cost you £££.
sri boy

26th Feb 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ma brothers a member of bluecycle just got a navara if u see something txt us bud
antnee

26th Feb 11 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damo B might sell you a vxr for 6.5k
Archie
Premium Member

26th Feb 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri boy
Ma brothers a member of bluecycle just got a navara if u see something txt us bud

Cheers mate
c20let

26th Feb 11 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ever tried Overton Dismantlers in Aberdeen?
I got my first VTR a few years ago from there, they used to have alot of cars damage repairable.
mike56gte

26th Feb 11 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was a phase 1 clio 172 went through my local breakers for £350 and all it had was a dented door
Fro

27th Feb 11 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My VR6 came from copart. (rayleigh)
my anniversary turbo came from bluecycle. (scotland but was delivered to doncaster for us to collect)

They're the only ones dad uses.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Damage Repairables? Where From? 23 database queries in 0.0091951 seconds